Trezevant to forfeit all games; will have an audit on grades

Galilee

UKnowit2 how many kids wouldnt know their grades were being altered. seriously.

it should have been TCA vs Marion, as I have stated more than once.

Last year, TCA was not a good football team when Goldsmith wasn't playing. When they played McKenzie last year they had a double-digit lead and Goldsmith got hurt, they lost that game by about 30 points. They were 0-3 at the beginning of the season when Godsmith was not their quarterback. Since Goldsmith didn't play that semifinal game last year, we can't assume TCA would've won that semifinal game last year if they didn't play Trezevant. That's what most people are forgetting about.

archive.commercialappeal.com/news/schools/trezevant-students-walk-out-of-classes-after-probe-into-grades-3dbe1e42-dc5d-594c-e053-0100007f3851-395437291.html?d=mobile

Wasn't able to link it, just copy and paste in a new window and it should come up. A few students want to protest.

Edited by Indian

Lets take it a step further! The so called "cheaters" where playing when they played TCA. How do we know that TCA doesn't deserve the gold ball!!!! I'm just saying!:popcorneater:

no we don't. We were not there. Plus would not want one given to us. Only thing is that it should be vacated. Sad because it probably involves their studs. If they played by the rules then the studs would not have been on the field because of grades and thus would have never made it to cookville. And as far as the kids not knowing. Come on they know they are to do their work and pass test not a new process.

Last year, TCA was not a good football team when Goldsmith wasn't playing. When they played McKenzie last year they had a double-digit lead and Goldsmith got hurt, they lost that game by about 30 points. They were 0-3 at the beginning of the season when Godsmith was not their quarterback. Since Goldsmith didn't play that semifinal game last year, we can't assume TCA would've won that semifinal game last year if they didn't play Trezevant. That's what most people are forgetting about.

first of all Goldsmith got hurt in the playoffs also against McKenzie and still beat them. It was called shell shock the first go around. Second Trezvant would not have been in the semi because again if you don't make the grades you don't play. So it would have been a lesser team and yes we would have beaten a lesser team even with out Goldsmith. Marion no way. Edited by BigEdMo

I agree, it'd be hard to believe 

Just throwing the "what if" out there

The kids knew but the adults are the one's to blame.  Love my youngun 's to death and I think they are fine younguns but if the powers to be s would just give them grades and let them play all day.They'd be all for it.  Bit if I got wind of it. I'd see if Icouldn't bring it to a halt. I want my kids educated.

It amazes me how people know it was the "studs" involved and you don't live in this city not to mention in the neighborhood. You guys need to be reporters and investigators with the swiftness that you get your info. What you guys don't understand is that whatever happens with the outcome the games were played last year. Trinity was not in the league with Trez. They lost!!! Marion was a great team that got beat also. They lost!!! If you want the gold ball you can have it we know who won the games. You can deal in rumors all you want too just know their will be a ruling and whatever it is we will deal with it but just know you have definitely not heard the last of Trez. trust me they will not close the school and when we do resume playing we will dominate this western side of the state as long as we are in 2A.!!! 

First I am from Memphis and one of my best friends is a graduate of Trezvant. As far as assuming it was the studs well assuming must be ok because people assumed Trezvant was doing the right thing by their kids. And as far as TCA was not in the league with Trezvant. No we were not,with out our stud and you would not have been in the same league with out yours. As far as the trophy we don't want anything given to us trophies or grades.

Edited by BigEdMo