What's going on at Knoxville Grace?

Guest JustMeVFL

From the looks of that big sell out standing room only crowd I took a picture of just a minute or two before kickoff I would hate to see how many show up when your playing someone of lesser competition.http://G]http://i67.tinypic.com/2crskkw.jpg[/img]

Reason the crowd was down at Rockwood Friday everyone in roane county was 10 miles down the road watching Coalfield vs Harriman. Rockwood is down this year heck where playing a freshman QB and not many people thought we had a chance Friday. To be honest I think Rockwood played really well for 3 Qrts Friday. So you can not judge our poor crowd. Rockwood normally has very large crowds

Your from Boyd. I never in my live bashed your former coach so whoever told you I did is a liar. I talked to Grant several years before he left you guys. I always poke some of the Boyd fans over the years over other stuff but I always had respect for Grant and to be honest I was sad to see him leave Boyd. So once again someone gave you bad info and you guys ran with it.

I was standing right there as it went down.

Tell yourself what ever you have to.

I was standing right there as it went down.

Tell yourself what ever you have to.

Yes I asked Grant what the heck happened in that game. Yes i was surprised we beat you guys. But bashing him your wrong buddy. He was honest with me and told me he had no idea. So if you took that has bashing him you need help

It's one of those rivalries that's probably best to just part ways on. Over the years it's been rough on both sides and I don't ever see it getting better. 

As for the crowd, you know how teams usually draw in down years. I don't think anyone's scared on either side, at least not on the field, but I think there's a sour taste in people's mouths and they just want to move on. 

It's one of those rivalries that's probably best to just part ways on. Over the years it's been rough on both sides and I don't ever see it getting better. 

As for the crowd, you know how teams usually draw in down years. I don't think anyone's scared on either side, at least not on the field, but I think there's a sour taste in people's mouths and they just want to move on.

I agree... I wish Grace best of luck division 2.... Yes I said it and I mean it. I never liked privates playing in the public division did not think it was right

Reason the crowd was down at Rockwood Friday everyone in roane county was 10 miles down the road watching Coalfield vs Harriman. Rockwood is down this year heck where playing a freshman QB and not many people thought we had a chance Friday. To be honest I think Rockwood played really well for 3 Qrts Friday. So you can not judge our poor crowd. Rockwood normally has very large crowds

!st time ever been there and was expecting more people then that and actually on both sides. Raven pretty much said it would be a tougher game than people expected and he was right. Even though I was there pulling for GCA when that kid returned the failed field goal I was pulling for him to take it all the way when he got to the fifty because I had never seen that in a high school game before. I figured we were ahead enough to see that happen. It reminded me of that Auburn and Alabama game a couple of years ago when that happened there.

!st time ever been there and was expecting more people then that and actually on both sides. Raven pretty much said it would be a tougher game than people expected and he was right. Even though I was there pulling for GCA when that kid returned the failed field goal I was pulling for him to take it all the way when he got to the fifty because I had never seen that in a high school game before. I figured we were ahead enough to see that happen. It reminded me of that Auburn and Alabama game a couple of years ago when that happened there.

I was surprised Grace even attempted that field goal attempt after the first one. But it was a good play never saw it happen before in a high school game before.

Edited by Jet Pride

3 decisions in D2

From the tennesseean

Login

HIGH-SCHOOL

Tennessee to have 9 football champions in 2017

File

Facebook

Twitter

Email

Aa

_

+

Tom Kreager | tkreager@tennessean.com

Jul 27, 2016

The TSSAA postseason football landscape is changing — again.

The state athletic association's board of control on Wednesday voted to add a classification to Division II football, meaning there will be nine championships awarded beginning with the 2017-18 school year. And in Division I, there will be six evenly divided classes instead of grouping the biggest 32 schools in their own class.

"We always feel like we have to keep our football numbers as far as (enrollment) figures in schools going against each other close together," TSSAA Executive Director Bernard Childress said. "There is a very real possibility that we are going to have a lot of movement from Division I to Division II."

RELATED: Brentwood Academy, Ensworth may stay in DII-AA

Schools have until Oct. 14 to choose between Division I and Division II. The TSSAA's Legislative Council last year redefined Division II as set up for any school that offers a financial assistance program. That includes schools giving financial aid to family members or offering work study. Previously private schools that did not provide aid to athletes could choose to be in Division I.

Under the plan passed Wednesday, Division II football enrollment cutoffs will be 1-265 for Class A, 266-530 for Division II and 531 and more for Class AAA. There will be two Division II classes in all other sports except wrestling and bowling, which will be one class. The enrollment cutoff for two Division II classes is 450.

That's right.

There will be 9 state champs in 2017 and everyone gets a trophy.

I was surprised Grace even attempted that field goal attempt after the first one. But it was a good play never saw it happen before in a high school game before.

I remember UKnoLittle standing in the end zone and returning a FG attempt that was short just prior to half time...He actually returned for a TD but refs didn't give it to us because of the lead we had!!!

Wish I could remember who we were playing....