The Lions Are Roaring and The Tornadoes are Storming. UC vs Dresden.

BigSwo

I told a union city fan today that the run game was more complete them the passing game and I was proved right. Dresden will be a tough out

That's completely not true and hasn't been the case this year or last year, but if teams are naïve enough to not respect their run game and just try to cover the pass, you can run on them.

Congratulations on a great win Dresden! Looks like you guys have a serious contender for the championship this year, but remember that this game is just a regular season W in the books, and motivation for UC (along with everyone else) to play you harder when in matters more. It's a great thing to shake off the feeling that someone "has your number", and the Lions definitely did that with the convincing win over the dominant 1A team for the last few seasons...so keep it rolling!

For a few of the Dresden fans...it was a short time ago that there was some turmoil over the hiring of your HC, and the passing over of a fan favorite assistant for the job...sometimes what we want and what's best aren't the same thing, so count your blessings, go shake the coach's hand, and tell him how much he means to the program...he deserves it !!!

I was the main critic about hiring coach Rang. It was absolutely nothing against him but against the way it happened. He is a very good coach but anyone that thinks he will be a long term Dresden coach they are smoking something legal in Colorado. I still believe he is gone after this year to head back east. If I'm wrong with this assumption I'll be the first to admit it. I've also stated that I could coach this team to a deep playoff run and I'm a golfer. lol Lions truly impressed last night and I also admit that UC's injuries didn't help their cause. if there is a team with more talent than Dresden has this year in 1A they will deserved a gold trophy. Not saying we win it but we will be in the mix.

Guest hevyrevy1611

The choice for Dresden's football coach has indeed been a good one, as predicted. I have often encouraged Coach Rang and make it a point to congratulate him often, & thank him for what he's doing. I also tell him in person that I hope he stays here and builds a top-tier dynasty like his mentor coach did in Maryville. Key operative word is staying. Put down roots, take your shoes off, stay awhile now, ya hear. And our upcoming seasons for years to come will also be very competitive not only because of a coach, but equally important is as long as our local junior/lower grade/ feeder programs keep doing the fabulous job they do, plus the community, parents, & friends doing all their amazing behind-the-scenes efforts. Oodles & bunches of unseen sacrifices by many people go into successful sports programs. Sho nuff! And it appears Dresden is doing things right, and will continue doing so I hope. So get use to our Lions roaring & being the lords of the gridiron jungle... plus being great in all the rest too (track, baseball, basketball, softball, golf, etc. Ha, and if we had tennis, band, shooting teams, rodeo, etc we'd no doubt be awesome in these too. Go Lions and Lionesses.. whew, that's a tongue-twister, it easier to say Lady Lions.) Go teams!

The choice for Dresden's football coach has indeed been a good one, as predicted. I have often encouraged Coach Rang and make it a point to congratulate him often, & thank him for what he's doing. I also tell him in person that I hope he stays here and builds a top-tier dynasty like his mentor coach did in Maryville. Key operative word is staying. Put down roots, take your shoes off, stay awhile now, ya hear. And our upcoming seasons for years to come will also be very competitive not only because of a coach, but equally important is as long as our local junior/lower grade/ feeder programs keep doing the fabulous job they do, plus the community, parents, & friends doing all their amazing behind-the-scenes efforts. Oodles & bunches of unseen sacrifices by many people go into successful sports programs. Sho nuff! And it appears Dresden is doing things right, and will continue doing so I hope. So get use to our Lions roaring & being the lords of the gridiron jungle... plus being great in all the rest too (track, baseball, basketball, softball, golf, etc. Ha, and if we had tennis, band, shooting teams, rodeo, etc we'd no doubt be awesome in these too. Go Lions and Lionesses.. whew, that's a tongue-twister, it easier to say Lady Lions.) Go teams!

Way to remain humble! I sure hope there is enough room in yall trophy case for all that winning coming Dresdens way! Where do you keep the other gold balls?

Guest hevyrevy1611

Way to remain humble! I sure hope there is enough room in yall trophy case for all that winning coming Dresdens way! Where do you keep the other gold balls?

Every top team starts somewhere. It begins at zero. We have some trophies, but not enough. Desire bunches more, lots more. Look around you... pick anything.. anywhere.. whatever it is that item started first as an unseen idea, a thought, a dream & desire in somebody which they invented. Often they were lampooned, ridiculed, laughed at for their ideas (light bulbs, airplanes, aircraft carriers, cars, disneyland, idea of germs causing disease are a few examples) and some people were even persecuted & killed for daring to go against the official, accepted orthodoxy (like earth is round, and saying it revolves around sun are a few samples). Say what you will, it all starts with someone daring to dream. Yep.

Every top team starts somewhere. It begins at zero. We have some trophies, but not enough. Desire bunches more, lots more. Look around you... pick anything.. anywhere.. whatever it is that item started first as an unseen idea, a thought, a dream & desire in somebody which they invented. Often they were lampooned, ridiculed, laughed at for their ideas (light bulbs, airplanes, aircraft carriers, cars, disneyland, idea of germs causing disease are a few examples) and some people were even persecuted & killed for daring to go against the official, accepted orthodoxy (like earth is round, and saying it revolves around sun are a few samples). Say what you will, it all starts with someone daring to dream. Yep.

Edited by ProudLionFan

You've got something to be proud of .Hang in there. Great poster in my eyes.