Wayne County @ Huntingdon

footballover

Completely different team. #44 and #11 are 2 of the best athletes on the team and they didnt play last year. Last years team had a huge senior line on both sides of the ball. This years team is one of fastest teams ever but lacks in size. All skill players are very good and experienced. Lineman are getting better every week. Lots of speed on defense. If young guys up front can give backs some protection should be a great game. Was very impressed with WC lines last year. How many starters are back for WC?

This game like many others between evenly matched teams will be decided in the trenches along with turnovers. To win dominate the line on both sides and take care of the ball. Both offenses have the playmakers to win. Should be the best game in 1A this week. Good luck to both for hard and clean hitting game. I'm gonna back my ole buddy 89!!! Leave it on the field and walk away with head high!! Go cats!!

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Completely different team. #44 and #11 are 2 of the best athletes on the team and they didnt play last year. Last years team had a huge senior line on both sides of the ball. This years team is one of fastest teams ever but lacks in size. All skill players are very good and experienced. Lineman are getting better every week. Lots of speed on defense. If young guys up front can give backs some protection should be a great game. Was very impressed with WC lines last year. How many starters are back for WC?

Thanks for the update. i remember you guys being banged up last year. I'm WC all the way but even though we return most of the oline from last year I don't think this years defense is near as good as last year. One of our linebackers this year was a defensive lineman last year and I think he is a much better d-lineman than linebacker. We lost two stud linebackers last year and I think thats the biggest difference between  this Defense and last years defense. If they can keep Rice upright and it doesn't rain I really like our chances. If it comes down to the run game for both then I just don't know. The teams we both have played have been so weak it's hard to get a good read on our team. Go cats.

This game like many others between evenly matched teams will be decided in the trenches along with turnovers. To win dominate the line on both sides and take care of the ball. Both offenses have the playmakers to win. Should be the best game in 1A this week. Good luck to both for hard and clean hitting game. I'm gonna back my ole buddy 89!!! Leave it on the field and walk away with head high!! Go cats!!

+1

If our bye week was this week, I would drive out to see this one.

Going to be a good one but you can't miss yours playing. Understand that. Now by saying that, Wayne County needs to bring them out this Friday night. Find a ride, get there somehow, & get behind our boys. Nothing like a packed house and an electric atmosphere.

I'm curious. Does the Huntingdon faithful think that this years team is better than last years team? Healthier as a team for the game?

so much healthier. Just imagine that you lose Rice for the year, and your other best player (defensively and offensively) steps up and plays quarterback. Then on the 2nd or 3rd play of the game, that key guy goes down. So you have to ask another 16 or 17 yr old to step in to a position they haven't played all year. Not to mention in the biggest, most hyped up game of the season. It is very tough for a 1a school to recover from that. Most teams it would end their season. However, other players really stepped up when most would have laid down. Ask UC what it means for key players to go down. I think that is one reason most posters from Huntingdon have not posted as much this year. Last year so much pressure was put on kids and so many things happened that went against them that was out of their control. I think this will be a very good, hard fought game. I hope it is rowdy!!!! Edited by Waker

Going to be a good one but you can't miss yours playing. Understand that. Now by saying that, Wayne County needs to bring them out this Friday night. Find a ride, get there somehow, & get behind our boys. Nothing like a packed house and an electric atmosphere.

Should be. A few years ago I went to WC to watch them play Jo Byrns. One of the best high school games I've seen!! Hope Friday's game is just as good.

All about intensity.  JMO, but Huntingdon looks to be faster than WC skill position both sides of the ball, WC line looks bigger both sides of the ball, nothing unusual for Huntingdon all year.  If Huntingdon is motivated = Mustang victory.  If they come out flat such as Milan game then have concerns.  I'm guessing if Mustangs cant get motivated for this one after stewing for a year on last seasons loss, and do the same thing to WC, that Milan did to Huntingdon in payback mode, then I'll be surprised.  Revenge and payback should be brewing in the pits of Mustang players stomachs = motivation + more team speed athletes = Mustang Victory.  Praying for a injury free game for both teams and hope both teams play their A game and best team wins.  Huntingdon 27 >  WC 21, algebra class over.

Edited by stangfan89

I didn't think there would be much smack talk on here because it would be to easy for either team to have to eat crow but I did think there would be a lot of football talk. Someone posted about the speed of HHS backs, I agree they're fast but don't think they're fast enough to have an advantage there. Mathis, Ruddle, Davis and Harris are as fast as any backs in 1a, then you got Birchette that can pound it.