Oakland at Riverdale (Rutherford Counties oldest rivalry)

We will carry this game on The Duck (WDUC 93,9 FM)!   My show, The Friday Main Event begins at 5:00 PM.  I'll speak with Coaches from all over the State and discuss big games for the night!  Our Kickoff show starts at 6:30 PM and I'll have interviews with both Coaches (Creasy and Kriesky) during that segment.

Once you get in the Stadium you can listen to the pregame and also our game cast by streaming it over your cell phone.   We do have a free mobile App you can download to your cell phone.   I can be found in your Google Play or Itunes App store.   Just search "The Duck Mobile App" and look for the Duck with head phones and shades on.   You can also find us on the free "Tune In" radio App.   

If you don't want the delay from streaming, carry a small radio and tune into 93.9 FM!

fe0b77_132d846954a34f2d939ec1b9f2342fcd~

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the years gone by, 42 to be exact the rivalry was on a ebb and flow. Riverdale would go on a streak then their would be a few years where it was even and went back and forth to now when Oakland has taken a more dominate stance. If there is one thing for sure when you look back its been the team with the most talent that usually prevails. That will be the case this year. Oakland has a lot more talent than Riverdale and the outcome should reflect that. But as times have changed, so has the county. The growth of the county has had an effect on the battle and will continue to affect its outcome. Oakland is building the kind of program that has given Maryville the success they have had over the years. Building from the bottom up with consistency from middle school on up. The next man up philosophy and it's showing on the field. Look for Oakland in another blow out. 49-7

In the years gone by, 42 to be exact the rivalry was on a ebb and flow. Riverdale would go on a streak then their would be a few years where it was even and went back and forth to now when Oakland has taken a more dominate stance. If there is one thing for sure when you look back its been the team with the most talent that usually prevails. That will be the case this year. Oakland has a lot more talent than Riverdale and the outcome should reflect that. But as times have changed, so has the county. The growth of the county has had an effect on the battle and will continue to affect its outcome. Oakland is building the kind of program that has given Maryville the success they have had over the years. Building from the bottom up with consistency from middle school on up. The next man up philosophy and it's showing on the field. Look for Oakland in another blow out. 49-7

Boy, I sure hope your wrong on that score!   We've had more than our fair share of blowout games on "Friday Night Lights" this season.   I think we've only had one game that was still in question heading into the forth.   

I totally agree that Oakland will be the favorite.  I'm just hoping for a close ball game to keep it interesting.

I would rather eat a salt sandwich with shards of glass than admitt Oakland is that good, but they are that good this year. I don't think anyone gives them a match until the playoffs and even then I don't think it will be until the finals or semis BOOOOO HIIIISSSSSSX Patriots ... but dang they are good.