Knoxville Catholic...

fredjones

Lots of energy being spent on this topic... Lots of people want to think if you are good, you must cheat in some way. That's a sad commentary on the world we live in today. There are many schools both public and private that are good but most importantly run clean programs.

I'm not naive, I know there are exceptions and rules are sometimes broken. But, I think things today are better than they have ever been. Thirty something years ago, as a 6'4" 210 lb. athletic 9th grader I was "recruited" by private schools and offered "financial aid". My brother playing college ball was given cash by boosters and coaches. Things are much better today.

Knox Catholic is the best team in TN right now, congrats to them. They want to stay in D-I and follow those rules because it's best for their school. They are not cowards for doing so. We all try to do what is best for our families.

Innocent until proven guilty. Honorable intentions until proven otherwise.

best team in tn hahahahaha

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of energy being spent on this topic... Lots of people want to think if you are good, you must cheat in some way. That's a sad commentary on the world we live in today. There are many schools both public and private that are good but most importantly run clean programs.

I'm not naive, I know there are exceptions and rules are sometimes broken. But, I think things today are better than they have ever been. Thirty something years ago, as a 6'4" 210 lb. athletic 9th grader I was "recruited" by private schools and offered "financial aid". My brother playing college ball was given cash by boosters and coaches. Things are much better today.

Knox Catholic is the best team in TN right now, congrats to them. They want to stay in D-I and follow those rules because it's best for their school. They are not cowards for doing so. We all try to do what is best for our families.

Innocent until proven guilty. Honorable intentions until proven otherwise.

funny how a cpa guy would be for them staying in haha.. supports the same system they exploited for years.. your probably one of the people that thought cpa would beat ensworth last year or thought they were best in state

funny how a cpa guy would be for them staying in haha.. supports the same system they exploited for years.. your probably one of the people that thought cpa would beat ensworth last year or thought they were best in state

Nope, I'm a reasonable person especially for a football fan :)

Read every post I've ever made and you'll never see me say I think CPA is better than anyone.

Are you new to the boards? I already know most of the CPA haters.

Who do you think is better and why? Educated conversation / debate is entertaining.

IMHO, I think Mayberry would beat them by 21 or more. Coaching, coaching, coaching....However, neither Alcoa or Mayberry have ever won an imaginary football game. Soooo, I'm not sure what I'm thinking picking Mayberry?????

Edited by Throwdeslant

IMHO, I think Mayberry would beat them by 21 or more. Coaching, coaching, coaching....However, neither Alcoa or Mayberry have ever won an imaginary football game. Soooo, I'm not sure what I'm thinking picking Mayberry?????

Very uncharacteristic of you! I think it would be a good game but you might be right. I think Knox Catholic has the advantage in talent but as you say coaching is a big factor.

I actually watched the Alcoa / Maryville game because I could not make it to Pearl-Cohn and apparently they shut down our broadcast after 2 minutes :( (I have no idea if that is actually true, I just know it went down and another parent said that was the reason)

Anyway, both teams were very impressive.

Very uncharacteristic of you! I think it would be a good game but you might be right. I think Knox Catholic has the advantage in talent but as you say coaching is a big factor.

I actually watched the Alcoa / Maryville game because I could not make it to Pearl-Cohn and apparently they shut down our broadcast after 2 minutes :( (I have no idea if that is actually true, I just know it went down and another parent said that was the reason)

Anyway, both teams were very impressive.

Both Quarles and Nix have the coaching ability to make almost any team one dimensional. By doing so, makes it very difficult to beat either without having several lucky breaks during the game, such as penalties and multiple turnovers. It can be done, but not too often. For example, CPA in 2014 championship game and Ravenwood in 2015 championship game.....

Who do you think is better and why? Educated conversation / debate is entertaining.

I agree I'll have an educated convo.,. I honestly think that's there are probably 4-5 teams that are better than Catholic

In no order Maryville, MBA, BA, Indy, and Oakland... These schools play actual really good competition week in week out and not bs schedules loaded with cupcakes

As for football, KC doesn't have to take a bus this Friday and will show how good they are when they host 1A Cloudland Highlanders who is without their starting QB. Hopefully KC is a team that shows sportsmanship and doesn't try to set records and try to see how many players that they can knock out of the game. I don't know how a game like this ever got scheduled but it did. Good luck to both teams and be safe!

Yea .. dont expect anybody to snoop around about parent financial situation BUT there is a reason that the kids in questions was on work study .. becuase parents couldnt afford tuition ... so definately will be interesting to see if the kids ( and I know which ones) will get the tuition paid .... and where it comes from .. like I said cash is hard to track ... so will be watching next years roster ... to see .. but is it legal for another person to front the money for a student athelete ..say a booster or alumni ??? Is that fiannacila aid if somebody just gave the kids parent 2,000 ??

ccetn_logo.jpg

I agree I'll have an educated convo.,. I honestly think that's there are probably 4-5 teams that are better than Catholic

In no order Maryville, MBA, BA, Indy, and Oakland... These schools play actual really good competition week in week out and not bs schedules loaded with cupcakes

I think all those teams would put up a great battle and could win. It definitely would not be the butt stomp they put on CPA. I agree that MBA and BA have played a tougher schedule, but I think Maryville is close and Oakland and Independence have played lesser schedules.

In reality, the top 5 teams or so would probably have varying outcomes if they played multiple times. Personally I think Catholic has the best talent and probably the best team this year and I'm not alone a few of the popular sites have them at the top spot also.

It's all hypothetical, of course, but still fun to talk about. I'm hoping to see a PC / Catholic rematch in the final. Lots of people believe PC is up there near the top 5 this year also...

As a CPA fan, I hope to look at next year's schedule and see a first game with Alcoa (a lot more fun than driving to Atlanta!), a second game with Catholic, and a third with Pearl-Cohn. I prefer that to playing teams you can hang 80 points on... I know that won't happen, but a fan can dream... I think we might even be competitive the next couple of years :)