South Pittsburg vs Boyd Bucks (Grider against that Cardwell man)

Roy Dillard

My take from the game is Boyd still has good talent. Much better than what they showed last night. Good looking kids but looked lost at times. The offense is still what it has been which is very vanilla but at times productive. Would be better with Heinke playing a big role but he was out. Mincey as well would've helped and Borders is a good one too but for whatever reason no matter who is playing and who is not the offense is still "vanilla".

Defensively this years team just looked "lost" and last night the double dive play SP ran was there over and over and over again with zero help on the 2nd read. One play all 3 defenders from Boyd was still flying in to tackle Raulston as he was going down to the ground while Pryor just ran by them like a ghost lol. That's just flat out called being unprepared defensively and players not playing their assignments. Weird thing is last year these same players didn't have that problem. Saying that losing the two coaches from last year hurts is a understatement. Last night that was just a bad looking defense. When is the last time Boyd had 50 put on them by South Pittsburg? Early 90's maybe? With their move to D2 things are going to get even tougher.

For SP it was a big win and huge confidence booster for them. Beating Marion was big but putting 50 on Boyd is eye opening to me. Lily, McQueen, Pryor all on field at same time is going to be challenging for teams in the East to contain. When Kennamore gets back this team offensively is going to be extremely hard to stop come playoff time. I will be shocked if they can't squeak by Greenback to represent the East side.

Boyd passes the eye test. They have good size. 6 is a good looking back for them. I thought their game plan the whole night was to stop McQueen and when that happened Pryor started doing his thing and had a great game back. Yes, while Boyd's offense was very rough I was proud of our defense. We play fast side to side and have got a ton better between the tackles since last year. Still a lot of work to do but if this team is not playing on Black Friday in Beene Stadium I will be shocked. Also, we still have not saw Lightning run full speed yet. He just plays with people lol The addition of Cade back for playoffs will look nice. Great to be a Pirate!

Good post youngun. You are right we have a chance to be really good and make another great run. It's good to have your input back posting on here in your real voice instead of that alter ego voice. LMBO

I'm going to make a comment on the McQueen kid that most probably won't like. Although he is a game changer I noticed on one of his returns that he is looking back at one of the guys who is trying to chase him down. A different ref could actually interpret that as an unsportsmanlike or taunting. That's just my take on it. On the return he had that he fumbled he was kinda toying with the defenders and it cost him the ball. No doubt that this kid is a very good athlete and kids will be kids but I would hate to lose a game on a penalty or a turnover like that. Just use your talent and get to the endzone.

I garuntee it is a good thing you Jasperlites got some lawyers around the jailhouse. Dont think you fellars had anybody that could catch that lightening boy. They teach them in the SEC to look. Did you not see that Hurd man get his block nocked off at that smartt mans field a few weeks ago cause he didn't look? It is not against that Childress mans rules to look back. I no you Jasperlites aint to familiar with that Childress mans rules figuring all of them you fellars broke in the past few years. You think im joking but im not.

I'm going to make a comment on the McQueen kid that most probably won't like. Although he is a game changer I noticed on one of his returns that he is looking back at one of the guys who is trying to chase him down. A different ref could actually interpret that as an unsportsmanlike or taunting. That's just my take on it. On the return he had that he fumbled he was kinda toying with the defenders and it cost him the ball. No doubt that this kid is a very good athlete and kids will be kids but I would hate to lose a game on a penalty or a turnover like that. Just use your talent and get to the endzone.

On that note...he could have cut left on a return inside the 10 to score but chose to run over our player that plays qb to intentionally cause injury. That's legal but uncalled for, just like the touchdown pass with a couple of minutes to go. Classless. Edited by BoydBucFan

On that note...he could have cut left on a return inside the 10 to score but chose to run over our player that plays qb to intentionally cause injury. That's legal but not uncalled for, just like the touchdown pass with a couple of minutes to go. Classless.

I enjoy your posting like the rest of us, but I was standing on the wall exactly beside the play. He cut it back to come across the field and your guy was there. Your guy that weighs a lot more than that 155 pounder. As for the pass? We passed for what 50 yards? Had you rather him run it again or throw it to the freshman for his first touchdown ever?

On that note...he could have cut left on a return inside the 10 to score but chose to run over our player that plays qb to intentionally cause injury. That's legal but uncalled for, just like the touchdown pass with a couple of minutes to go. Classless.

Just wait till you get to D2 big Boy! BA and Ensworth will score as many as they can. Thats just life!