1 A Mr. Football Nominee Brandon Moore

Varo

I have to have bass's back on this one...if the thread didn't include the words "Mr. Football nominee", you could rightly be offended that someone threw a wet blanket on the praises for young Mr. Moore (who sounds great, by the way)...as it stands, Ambassador just gave you his thoughts on the kid's chances of winning the award.

Ambassador, can somebody put one post on here about a kid without you always throwing in your 2 cents about Dresser Winn or Preston Rice. This is a thread about Brandon Moore! Not who do you think is better than Brandon Moore! We obviously know who you think is going to win the award and you are welcome to start your own thread anytime about how "How the 2016 Mr. Football for 1A has already awarded". But, my Lord why are you Debbie Downer when somebody is just trying to give some props to obviously a fine athlete. Best of luck Brandon Moore!

Stay in Greenback. LMBO

Just to point out Bass didn't say they were any better, just that the name was probably on the trophy.

That went right over there heads. I said I'm sure the kid is a good player, but I will ban myself and never post again if one of those guys don't win the award. Dresser Winn is the best player on the number one ranked team. He also won it last season. It's not hard to figure out.

True, but that would be premature. I assume this thing is based on stats alone and hype.

I also understand that Kayne Roberts is a very good football player. Many young men are great players, but he like the kid from Fayetteville unfortunately aren't going to win the award. Don't feel bad about it though. We've had kids rush for over 2000 yards in a season and not win it. The gold ball is much more popular to possess. LMBO

That went right over there heads. I said I'm sure the kid is a good player, but I will ban myself and never post again if one of those guys don't win the award. Dresser Winn is the best player on the number one ranked team. He also won it last season. It's not hard to figure out.

I would like to see Winn's and Rice's stats compared. I know they ranked first in the state but both undefeated and could be on a collision course in playoffs. These blowout games has hurt both kids stats and I know both had rather have a gold ball than a mr football trophy. Not trying to crash yalls thread just don't want to start another. Looks and sounds like Moore is very deserving to get his recognition, good luck to him

Ia agree with you.Some great players will be left out. 

Ambassador, can somebody put one post on here about a kid without you always throwing in your 2 cents about Dresser Winn or Preston Rice.  This is a thread about Brandon Moore!  Not who do you think is better than Brandon Moore!  We obviously know who you think is going to win the award and you are welcome to start your own thread anytime about how "How the 2016 Mr. Football for 1A has already awarded".  But, my Lord why are you Debbie Downer when somebody is just trying to give some props to obviously a fine athlete.  Best of luck Brandon Moore!

+1

I also understand that Kayne Roberts is a very good football player. Many young men are great players, but he like the kid from Fayetteville unfortunately aren't going to win the award. Don't feel bad about it though. We've had kids rush for over 2000 yards in a season and not win it. The gold ball is much more popular to possess. LMBO

there is one that rushed for over 3000 and didn't get it. He sure deserved it!!

Pretty sure Dresser Winn deserves the award. As you point out he is the best player on the number one ranked team and he won it last year.

Don't think I have seen anyone argue that fact! Varo started a post for Brandon Moore and did a great job giving him recognition. As to who wins....NONE of us behind these computers make those decisions (or some of us don't). So teams and players don't get enough recognition as compared to others and become forgotten about or are never known. Fayetteville is no different and Varo was just trying to help the kid out. 

If that's the case maybe nobody should ever be nominated or talked about because based on some of your opinions the decision was made last year when he won as a Jr! Lets just give Mr Football awards and State Champion trophies to everyone before the season starts and never play another down of football because people can't just be nominated at least for recognition of a teenager having a really good season!!!

Good luck Brandon, Dresser and anyone else who gets nominated!!! Congrats on having successful seasons and fans being proud of the players they follow!

• Upvote 1

Pretty sure Dresser Winn deserves the award. As you point out he is the best player on the number one ranked team and he won it last year.

Don't think I have seen anyone argue that fact! Varo started a post for Brandon Moore and did a great job giving him recognition. As to who wins....NONE of us behind these computers make those decisions (or some of us don't). So teams and players don't get enough recognition as compared to others and become forgotten about or are never known. Fayetteville is no different and Varo was just trying to help the kid out.

If that's the case maybe nobody should ever be nominated or talked about because based on some of your opinions the decision was made last year when he won as a Jr! Lets just give Mr Football awards and State Champion trophies to everyone before the season starts and never play another down of football because people can't just be nominated at least for recognition of a teenager having a really good season!!!

Good luck Brandon, Dresser and anyone else who gets nominated!!! Congrats on having successful seasons and fans being proud of the players they follow!

The title of this thread was changed after I made my first comment. It started out saying Mr Football Winner. I was only disagreeing with him. I won't disagree that other kids have a chance to be one of the finalists.

The title of this thread was changed after I made my first comment. It started out saying Mr Football Winner. I was only disagreeing with him. I won't disagree that other kids have a chance to be one of the finalists.

Ambassador, not to be disrespectful, being as you are obviously very knowledgeable in all things high school football, but I did not edit the title of this thread.  It was, and still is, "Nominee".  My edit was that I had forgotten to include the part about Brandon's GPA, which I added.  I would not presume to say Brandon had or has won the award, just to consider his accomplishments.  Thank you for keeping this thread at the top with your comments.  But curious, why has no one started one for Rice or Winn?