Week 11: Coalfield @ Oneida

crow

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Oneida wins this one by 21-28 then they are my new pick to reach cookeville. If CF was heathy I think they are 3-4 touchdowns better but we're not so I expect a one score ballgame either way.

To be completely honest if it is a 21 point win it will be Coalfield.I don't see that tho I see a close one score win for Oneida.Coalfield can score points quickly with their style of Offense.Oneida is a more drive oriented.Oneida needs to sustain drives and run the clock and keep the ball out of McKinneys hands.If they do this they win,BUT if they cannot sustain drives Coalfield can win by double digits.

To be completely honest if it is a 21 point win it will be Coalfield.I don't see that tho I see a close one score win for Oneida.Coalfield can score points quickly with their style of Offense.Oneida is a more drive oriented.Oneida needs to sustain drives and run the clock and keep the ball out of McKinneys hands.If they do this they win,BUT if they cannot sustain drives Coalfield can win by double digits.

Thats kind of my thinking on the game as well. Hopefully we pull out the win so we avoid you all until the quarterfinals.

Defense:

Basically the same personnel flipped to the other side.....heck both QB's are also the starting safeties.  On this side of the ball, again Coalfield might be just a bit better up front and Oneida probably just a shade better in the LB positions.  Can Oneida cover the air assault that Coalfield is going to bring?  The DB's have certainly gotten better....their best cover corner had a pick six and another interception in the endzone against Harriman.  From a physical standpoint they should be just fine, they just can't have any major breakdowns.  They don't get beat deep a lot, but it has happened.  They have to be careful not to get caught trying to jump a route and get burnt on a double move.  If we contain McKinney and don't let him in space, that will be a key point of emphasis.  Coalfield has a pretty big task too, because they can't put too many defenders in the box or Oneida can burn them in the air.  If Marlow's throws are accurate....and they have been for the most part....he can hurt them.  The one factor that stands out to me is Coach Lambert is just one of the best defensive coaches in East Tennessee.  He has a real knack for getting his kids in the right place to make a play and that could decide this ball game.  Ball security is a must this week.

Kazoo

Defense:

Basically the same personnel flipped to the other side.....heck both QB's are also the starting safeties. On this side of the ball, again Coalfield might be just a bit better up front and Oneida probably just a shade better in the LB positions. Can Oneida cover the air assault that Coalfield is going to bring? The DB's have certainly gotten better....their best cover corner had a pick six and another interception in the endzone against Harriman. From a physical standpoint they should be just fine, they just can't have any major breakdowns. They don't get beat deep a lot, but it has happened. They have to be careful not to get caught trying to jump a route and get burnt on a double move. If we contain McKinney and don't let him in space, that will be a key point of emphasis. Coalfield has a pretty big task too, because they can't put too many defenders in the box or Oneida can burn them in the air. If Marlow's throws are accurate....and they have been for the most part....he can hurt them. The one factor that stands out to me is Coach Lambert is just one of the best defensive coaches in East Tennessee. He has a real knack for getting his kids in the right place to make a play and that could decide this ball game. Ball security is a must this week.

Kazoo

Very good post!I also agree about the LBs.

On a side note....want to personally extend a speedy and full recovery to Coach Peb Henry. I know he is traveling a difficult road and I wish him well. Been though it with my pops and know it weighs on everyone. Keep grinding brother.....we hope you have a full recovery.

Kazzo

Kaz where is your favorite place to eat up there?I've ate at a few of them just wondering if I missed the good one!

On a side note....want to personally extend a speedy and full recovery to Coach Peb Henry.  I know he is traveling a difficult road and I wish him well.  Been though it with my pops and know it weighs on everyone.  Keep grinding brother.....we hope you have a full recovery.

Kazzo

Thanks Kaz, it has been and will be a grind. God is always good. I am a blessed man.

Thanks Kaz, it has been and will be a grind. God is always good. I am a blessed man.

You posted on a thread this year acting like Parkers dad. Now you're acting like Jared. Many people don't like Ted but even the biggest CF haters are pulling for Jareds recovery. At the end of the day, this is only a game and regardless of who you really are, we're all on the same team against cancer and pulling for Jared. GOD bless Jared and his family