Walker Valley @ The Ridge

SweetScience

A guy was saying that Walker Valley lost to McMinn but was a better football team, said if they had not turned the ball over 4 times that WV would have won by 35. didn't give much credit to McMinn for forcing turnovers.

Walker Valley QB couldn't lift his arm above his waist, but stayed in and tried to complete.

If he had not been injured (he didn't dress out the following week), then WV would have beaten McMinn Co. by a big margin.

Ok but I'm confused. They lost to Bradley by 12, McMinn by 4, they beat Cleveland by 32, and they lost to Rhea by 1...yet if OR doesn't beat them "easily", the OR coach has no brain. Smh

its sort of a joke around Region 4-5A. Walker Valley has underperformed the last few years, based on perceived talent.

The post was poorly worded, but seeing the posts all year, I think it was more directed at the WV coach than OR.

Edited by FootballFan51

its sort of a joke around Region 4-5A. Walker Valley has underperformed the last few years, based on perceived talent.

The post was poorly worded, but seeing the posts all year, I think it was more directed at the WV coach than OR.

Oh. I see. I actually hate to see disparaging remarks made about any coach...while it isn't high school football, I have coached a little baseball and soccer (young boys) and coaching isn't easy (except for those who have never bothered to try). Us Oak Ridgers aren't pleased by much of anything, LOL, but we love our football.

Oh. I see. I actually hate to see disparaging remarks made about any coach...while it isn't high school football, I have coached a little baseball and soccer (young boys) and coaching isn't easy (except for those who have never bothered to try).

i agree. I am not a WV person, nor have necessarily been disparaging to him, but it is pretty common by a few WV people & some surrounding fans.

I actual don't think the quantity of outstanding talent has been there (outside of 3-4 really good skill players) to have such high expectations, but because the skill players have been really good since their freshman year, the expectations have been high last 3 years.

Hurd has been an ego problem since day one. Many of his teammates are glad he's gone. Good riddance.

DO YOU KNOW THAT TO BE 100% TRUE OR BUYING INTO WHAT YOU HAVE READ? AND HAS BUTCH JONES EVER WON ANYTHING IN THE PASS OR DOES HIS RESUME SUPPORT HIM TO EVEN BE IN THAT POSITION TO COACH A MAJOR UNIVERSITY LIKE TENNESSEE? I THINK ERRBODY IS MISSING THE POINT.

#LOP

#SMDH