Region 4 #3. Summertown (8-2) @ Region 3 #2. Whitwell (5-5)

Ok, this thread needs to be about the game, but I need to get this out. The disrespect that Summertown High School has received is purely dispicable. The Eagles flip flopped their record from 2-8 in their very FIRST year to 8-2 and playoff birth in their second year. The offense has gone from averaging 11 points a game last season to 32 points a game. Chase Mote has 1116 rushing yards and 21 total touchdown and has 127 tackles. Yet not much is said other than in Lawrence County. How many other teams do you see in a BRAND NEW program winning 8 games and making the playoff. That being said let's talk about the match up. Whitwell is 5-5 and 2nd in their region. Summertown is 8-2 and 3rd in their region. Who wins?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, this thread needs to be about the game, but I need to get this out. The disrespect that Summertown High School has received is purely dispicable. The Eagles flip flopped their record from 2-8 in their very FIRST year to 8-2 and playoff birth in their second year. The offense has gone from averaging 11 points a game last season to 32 points a game. Chase Mote has 1116 rushing yards and 21 total touchdown and has 127 tackles. Yet not much is said other than in Lawrence County. How many other teams do you see in a BRAND NEW program winning 8 games and making the playoff. That being said let's talk about the match up. Whitwell is 5-5 and 2nd in their region. Summertown is 8-2 and 3rd in their region. Who wins?

Fayetteville did, and as far as it being yalls 2nd year, y'all played 2 or 3 years prior to starting a varsity schedule but it was yalls varsity playing everybody else's jv teams. You don't demand respect, you earn it, and playing in a weak region and not being able to pull off quality wins is why your not being talked about. Good luck in the playoffs, I think y'all will make the 2nd round but that to will have to be earned too. Edited by wildcat89

Ok, I've read some info on S'town, but wondering what's the story on Whitwell? Haven't seen them play & don't know much about them. Do they have size, speed? Should be a good game if everyone is healthy.

Just young. Well coached and getting better. It wouldn't surprise me at all if you all win.

Whitwell was 4-1 in region play and 5-5 overall. Tells me they are not very good and benefitted from a VERY weak region. Sans SP, no team from 3A will win a playoff game. Summertown takes this 34-17. Fayetteville boat races Copper Basin and CA plays with a running clock for the entire 2nd half against Grace Chattanooga. Is funny someone think a region with 2 top 10 teams is weak and a region with Sale Creek is legit.

Whitwell was 4-1 in region play and 5-5 overall. Tells me they are not very good and benefitted from a VERY weak region. Sans SP, no team from 3A will win a playoff game. Summertown takes this 34-17. Fayetteville boat races Copper Basin and CA plays with a running clock for the entire 2nd half against Grace Chattanooga. Is funny someone think a region with 2 top 10 teams is weak and a region with Sale Creek is legit.

Regio 6 is weak to except for WC and Huntingdon, can't base a region off their overall strength.