When are we gonna get some predictions for this year?

HCWCCoachV

Beech is the best young team, probably still 1 year away from hanging with WC or Bradley.  Ryan will be down a little this year, but still strong, and have Eli King (2nd best wrestler in the state pound for pound) for his last season. Their kids program only had a couple of placers in AAU and has been pretty weak the last couple of years in youth wrestling.

Baylor is down as well. Won't compete with Bradley or Ryan.  McCallie will  be their usual 4th or 5th in DII and top 20 overall.  Watch out for MBA flying under the radar.  Several underachievers that could surprise people.  TN high, like Beech,  will open some eyes in the next couple of years.  

Cleveland probably has the best kids club in the state but is rebuilding and won't see those fruits for two years.  

1) Bradley

2) Wilson Central

3) Beech

4) Father Ryan

5) Cleveland

6) TN High

7)  Baylor

8) CBHS

9) Soddy

10) MBA

McCallie has a solid group of experienced leaders and some sneaky young studs. Herring and Dendy could easily be named the best two in the state to not have won a title yet. Duhm is a stud. Henry will walk through this year untouched in D2. Rumor has it they have an 8th grader that's pretty tough also. Yost knows how to win and with him in the room. I wouldn't be surprised to see these guys turn some heads this year. Also very interested to see where Dendy, King, Reiniche end up in February. Any guesses?

Agreed, I should have put Herring as "a sleeper" watched him at 32 and he is awesome. He could upset anyone. could have beat the stud from, I think nj at 32.

Dendy and King will never wrestle each other again though. Mark my word, they'll be in different weight classes.

Sorry, McCallie still not top 15 in combined state though.

McCallie has a way of coming back strong similar to Ryan over the years... Don't be surprised with a few upsets.

If the middle school coaching and HS works closely together as far as skills and philosophy, I see Science Hill coming on strong and giving Tennessee high a run for their money in region one.

Christian Brothers? Last year Bradley had their way with them. Believe Baylor lost several key guys also. I'm pretty sure Bradley can contend with any private except FR. Which no school around will compete with them lol. Bradley usually has Baylor each year. Should be a good one!

I have no idea what Beech has. Last year they was on the rise. This year they say they're a team to beat. Can't argue with that until the end of the season! Hope this is a very competitive year for a lot of schools!

It appears as if the Irish graduated several key members of the 2015-16 team along with great senior leadership.  I would be hard pressed to believe that FR has the horsepower & mental fortitude to compete with the loaded lineup of CBHS.  Everyone knows that you never see the true FR team until the state tournament.  If Pat Simpson is able to push this team to the top of the podium he needs to take his show to Las Vegas because he is a better magician than David Copperfield. 

• Upvote 1

McCallie has a solid group of experienced leaders and some sneaky young studs. Herring and Dendy could easily be named the best two in the state to not have won a title yet. Duhm is a stud. Henry will walk through this year untouched in D2. Rumor has it they have an 8th grader that's pretty tough also. Yost knows how to win and with him in the room. I wouldn't be surprised to see these guys turn some heads this year. Also very interested to see where Dendy, King, Reiniche end up in February. Any guesses?

McCallie will be good. Herring, Dendy, Duhm and Henry will be hard to beat in Tennessee and the 8th grader Alex Whitworth at 106 will easily be in the running for a state title. In my opinion out of anyone I've seen he has the best shot at being the next 5 time state champ. He can flat out wrestle. Reiniche is getting so big it's hard to really tell where he will be wrestling this year but if he has developed a leg attack that he can hit consistently he will be really hard to beat. 

How does Beech & Bradley Central match up against the Bros from Memphis, Baylor & McCallie?

CBG

Some might misinterpret the silence on this page regarding your question as an endorsement for the above mentioned d1 teams; however I regard the sound of crickets as evidence none of the D1 homers in SE TN want to face the facts.

Facts are Cleveland is down Bradley is on the rise ane ia by no doubt the dominant lone superpower in d1. That said the top 3 teams in d2 would challenge Bradley in a match and trade tournament, can't say that about the proportionate number of d1 teams ( prob equating to the top 9 programs in d1) let alone the literal real number of teams (esp if u take Cleveland and soddy out). Sorry is what it is; I hypothesized that Rutherford Williamson Sumner and Wilson county might eventually supercede The stronghold that b Bradley county has had on d1 AAA wrestling, but they haven't. Why, because of resources? not necessarily (these affluent counties have money and parent support), it is lack of a feeder program and the fact Bradley county is an open zone school system (d2 recruiting gone public; outside of wrestling Maryville and alcoa have reaped the rewards off this system.

Digressing; we will find out at the Cleveland tourney but I would wager this yr an out of state team & a d2 team will comprise Tue finals of that tourney

CBG

Some might misinterpret the silence on this page regarding your question as an endorsement for the above mentioned d1 teams; however I regard the sound of crickets as evidence none of the D1 homers in SE TN want to face the facts.

Facts are Cleveland is down Bradley is on the rise ane ia by no doubt the dominant lone superpower in d1. That said the top 3 teams in d2 would challenge Bradley in a match and trade tournament, can't say that about the proportionate number of d1 teams ( prob equating to the top 9 programs in d1) let alone the literal real number of teams (esp if u take Cleveland and soddy out). Sorry is what it is; I hypothesized that Rutherford Williamson Sumner and Wilson county might eventually supercede The stronghold that b Bradley county has had on d1 AAA wrestling, but they haven't. Why, because of resources? not necessarily (these affluent counties have money and parent support), it is lack of a feeder program and the fact Bradley county is an open zone school system (d2 recruiting gone public; outside of wrestling Maryville and alcoa have reaped the rewards off this system.

Digressing; we will find out at the Cleveland tourney but I would wager this yr an out of state team & a d2 team will comprise Tue finals of that tourney

Just don't know what to say bout this reply. I'll just keep laughing and SMDH I reckon.

• Upvote 1

CBG

You sir have no clue about why Maryville and Alcoa are successful. 99.9% of the kids in both programs actually live in their respective school's city limits and have done so since elementary/middle school.