William Blount @ Oakland- Round 1

Governm

WB has a lot to be proud of and I think it's an excellent school with great administrators, teachers and students. 

Since people are so keen to post links, I'll give some "newspaper articles" for everyone to chew on:

http://wate.com/2014/12/12/3-blount-county-high-school-seniors-heading-for-ivy-league-universities-due-to-unique-scholarship/

http://www.thedailytimes.com/news/act-scores-rise-at-hhs-wb-dip-in-alcoa-maryville/article_8533129b-00a6-5ed7-9e55-c814bd569c47.html

http://www.thedailytimes.com/news/william-blount-recognized-for-significantly-improving-act-scores/article_ac319ac3-3def-52ae-aabb-99ec8cfb8539.html

I didn't even have to post any pictures to make a point, how novel  :mrgreen:

I am glad you posted this. 

Sorry.  You obviously do not like me. I believe Maryville is a great school.  So is Alcoa.  So is Heritage. So is WBHS.  I just get tired of all the WBHS bashing, and I am not sure why it is necessary.  

I obviously do not belong on this site because too many of these posts simply try to get people mad. And I bit.  I truly, however, think that all schools are good, and those that are teaching at all of them are grossly underpaid for what they do for society.  I will end it at that.  Once again sorry if I have come across rude.  

I do like the dance though...I actually saw my mother (who passed away last year) in the stands during this video.  Good stuff.

First let me say Im sorry about your mother.

I dont know you so I cant say that   I dont like you.  I simply asked a couple questions related to your comment about that commercial that aired on WBCR regarding "ringitis".  I think it was fair do to content slamming off on "2 other schools" in the area that just happen to have a bunch of rings. As far as bashing goes I believe that ol Willy B brings about 99% on themselves which I will further explain in my coming reply to mr all region. Back to WB , do you not think that all that BS spewed in that add was classless? It was funny and painfully embarrassing to your school. And that seems to be the M. O. for WB at least since Ihave been out here. All of WBs problems are self inflicted yet they are constantly running that mouth about how someone else caused them to do this or that... REALLY? Do a little investigating in the archives here and see what you think. There is one person in particular that Iwould like to mention , he is one of your own and a football coach, his name is Rick Young. My oldest son ( who has 2 rings btw) played for him and Coach Young always did right by him and I feel that he learned much from him. Irespect him very much. That being said , the PTB in your community rejected his candidacy for HC at WB in order to hire another whom they thought could beat MARYVILLE although why I dont know. And by doing so hurt the WB program even more by screwing their own to chase a dream. So with that let me say that yes  we get tired of  hearing you whining sniveling crybaby bs all the time.

ps more fodder for u ... my 2nd boy has 2 rings as well and my other 2 are getting ready to enter into the hunt for more.

Edited by GREYRIDERx

I am stunned at the amount of negativity towards WB on these boards. Did WB shoot your dog or something? Geez.

Oh dont be just do a little research yourself .  When I first moved out here from knoxville Ihad no children and no alignment to any school. All I ever heard from folks was what awful, terrible , corrupt, unscrupulous cheaters MARYVILLE was. Listened to this for years and mostly from good ol church people Heritage fans WB fans etc. Then thank GOD I met Starz in Sunday School and over a period of several months had my eyes opened to the truth about a great many things regarding this subject.  I also came to meet others that I had heard really bad things about and  I realized that most all the things that I had been hearing were true except for the fact that it was not MARYVILLE that was doing these things but those that had been saying it. I even had  Deacon that didnt speak to me for several years because I jumped in his rear end with both feat for dragging a good mans name through mud at midget game who happens to be well known coach here in MARYVILLE named George Quarels. So if you are looking for some pc or whatever from me regarding these yahoos you are going to be very disappointed.   WB brings it on themselves , it is a poisoned well controlled by people who care more about themselves then they do the kids in their own community. JMO

PS  the add that was ran , classless,the benefactor which paid for it classless and it was classless for WBCR to run it as well. I know Harry Grothjohn and I am quite surprised that he ran it.

Edited by GREYRIDERx

GREYRIDERx...I cannot speak to the experiences that you have had with WB alumni or supporters, so I don't discount your point of view at all. I just don't think it's fair to paint with such a broad brush...because I, for one, love WB tons and can credit WB for many of my successes, and you won't find anyone who respects GQ and MHS as much as I do. I always pull for Maryville.

GREYRIDERx...I cannot speak to the experiences that you have had with WB alumni or supporters, so I don't discount your point of view at all. I just don't think it's fair to paint with such a broad brush...because I, for one, love WB tons and can credit WB for many of my successes, and you won't find anyone who respects GQ and MHS as much as I do. I always pull for Maryville.

For the record , I am not and never would run down a kid from anywhere and I am not saying that everyone is bad or wrong etc in WB community the ones that are guilty know what Iam talking about.

For the record , I am not and never would run down a kid from anywhere and I am not saying that everyone is bad or wrong etc in WB community the ones that are guilty know what Iam talking about.

I understand that completely. I hope I don't come across as too defensive or anything, because sometimes I err towards that side too easily. I also agree with your earlier point, which I forgot to mention...Rick Young is excellent and would have been a great fit for the Govs. 

Then thank GOD I met Starz in Sunday School and over a period of several months had my eyes opened to the truth about a great many things regarding this subject.  

GRx cain speek fer tha bennyfits ov a goodur garbige servuss.....Evun tho eye haiv two addmitt hit mite haiv addid two sum "rangtituss"....Hit duz haiv sum thangs on tha pluss side like.....

1. If'un yore scoobey divin' all tham rangs weal hep keap ewe onn tha bottom 

b. Ewe mite haiv sum footbawl gaimes two go two inn Novimburr and maybee evun Deecimburr

c. Yore kids git two play onn a ole rugg outside innsted ov inn tha hawse

4. No ole Christmas boxes and rappin' paper piled upp inn frunt ov yore hawse blowin' arownd wif our xcluesive Christmas day garbige pick upp 

e. A gentlur, moore happier, garbige crew thait ere vurry vurry cairful when'st emptyin' yore cans....We ere e-z onn lazer pointurs, boom boxes, live annymulls, flags on polls......No scratch all thait eye gott mixxed upp.....We ere jist happier and gentlur thain yore mean and unhaipy garbige/recrootin' cumpnee..... :popcorneater:

PissedOffGarbageman.gif

Edited by STARSNBARS

There are NO ISSUES. Shad was paid $2,000 for field maintenance in 2015.  Two assistants were paid $2,000 to coach from Booster club funds.  No gas cards...no $90,000 worth of funds going anywhere.  Our bookkeeper is as tight as it gets.  I promise.  I would love to see the same audit performed at every school in this state and see some headlines.  I would say our 5 errors pale in comparison.  I bet no other coach in the state got paid to take care of his field (wait....most all other schools have been handed a turf field so there actually may not be any other grass fields in the state besides ours and Heritage)   Is beating our brains in on the field not enough for some (not all) of you posters on here?  

I am proud of our school.  Many of you think we are a bunch of clowns.  I would beg to differ.  Our male sports teams have been, for the most part, bad since 2007.  But there is more to a school than sports.  As a matter of fact, I have grown to realize that there is a lot more to school than sports.  Sports for most students ends at age 18.  Then the real world hits.  I would take our post secondary students and match them against any other schools.  We produce a lot of quality college students and quality people once they graduate.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a00eoTbXLic

WB has some great teachers and great students. As do all of our county's schools and Greenback. I've stated before that consolidation was the worst thing that happened to Blount county schools. For most kids, smaller community schools are better.

There are problems at WB just like there are at all schools. With the size of the school and the large distance that the students live away from the school, I feel sometimes the problems are harder to address.

Someone told me the other day that he was looking at an old WB yearbook and was really surprised to see how many former WB athletes and top 10 percent  students sent their kids to other schools. He asked why would those parents send their kids some where else?

I think its really about those parents deciding what is the best fit for their child. I think its about school culture,school size, opportunities, atmosphere, parent's own experiences, distance from schools and where their child feels the most comfortable.

Parents that have options are usually going to put their child in a situation where they will be happy and successful.

The WB bashing does seem to be growing lately, but I don't think its directed at the kids or even the teachers. I think the issues are correctable and I see a lot of hard work going on to correct some of the problems.

WB has some great teachers and great students. As do all of our county's schools and Greenback. I've stated before that consolidation was the worst thing that happened to Blount county schools. For most kids, smaller community schools are better.

There are problems at WB just like there are at all schools. With the size of the school and the large distance that the students live away from the school, I feel sometimes the problems are harder to address.

Someone told me the other day that he was looking at an old WB yearbook and was really surprised to see how many former WB athletes and top 10 percent students sent their kids to other schools. He asked why would those parents send their kids some where else?

I think its really about those parents deciding what is the best fit for their child. I think its about school culture,school size, opportunities, atmosphere, parent's own experiences, distance from schools and where their child feels the most comfortable.

Parents that have options are usually going to put their child in a situation where they will be happy and successful.

The WB bashing does seem to be growing lately, but I don't think its directed at the kids or even the teachers. I think the issues are correctable and I see a lot of hard work going on to correct some of the problems.

Good post 32.

...Rick Young is excellent and would have been a great fit for the Govs. 

That right there is the $100,000 word.....no knock on anyone whatsoever, there are some great people involved at WB.  But that word is what some couldn't understand.  Sometimes it is not about how much you know or how much experience you have as much as being the right fit at the right time.  This doesn't in any way mean that I don't support the current regime, just agreeing with a correct statement, IMO.