Meigs County Football at Forrest

Tiger86

Meigs Coach really classy telling the Forrest kids the refs gave em the game... Grow up... Meigs kid punching the Forrest kid after the final horn... Even classier... Meigs kid poking Wild in the eyes under the pile... Bush league and gutless... TSSAA has video... Will be some punishment laid down... I've never seen more backwoods bush league in over 30 years... Pitiful

the Meigs head Coach doesn't have class - win or lose, so it would not surprise me if they acted this way... I guess they put up with him because he has turned the program around. Edited by FootballFan51

A few thoughts about the game:

Defensively, Both teams played well. In the first half Forrest had a goal line stand in the first quarter and an interception on the three yard line with a minute left in the half. Second half they make an interception in the end zone as time expires. Only first half points Meigs allowed were set up by a long halfback pass.

Meigs County stayed in the game with special teams play. Their punter is outstanding. Punting, long Kickoff returns, and solid kickoff coverage kept field position in their favor all night.

Meigs County #1 is impressive - Likely the best back Forrest faced (so far). Most of his success was on one toss play in one set and the Rockets never adjusted to the formation.

These two may have meetings in the near future. The future for both programs is bright. Forrest started 3 freshmen and had 5 others play significant minutes. Meigs QB will be fun to watch in the coming seasons.

Final 5 minutes of the game were a roller coaster ride. Meigs county has a go ahead touchdown. Forrest drives deep into Meigs territory and turns it over after missing a 4th and 2 attempt with under 3 minutes to play. Meigs is forced to punt. Forrest has a good return close to midfield and takes over with less than 90 seconds and no timeouts. They connect on a big screen pass to #21 to get to the 30. Then the QB hits the apparent game winner to #8 with 28 seconds left. Meigs has a nice KO return and then on 2nd down coming after a timeout runs a trick play. Direct snap all the way across the field to #1 with nine blockers in front of him and most of Forrest's defense on the other side of the field not ready. Two seconds put back on the clock and one final play from the 15 yard line. Pass is intercepted.

Controversy: "The catch" Forrest ran #8 on a post route. Ball was thrown late and short. He was double covered- one on each side. He used his hands to swim one defender and jumped over the other defender to catch the ball at its highest point. He comes down with the ball and the defender starts wrestling at the ball on the ground. The same play will happen a dozen times this weekend in college and pro games and might get called PI once. No one will call it an interception.

Meigs penalty yards: There is no one to blame except MC. They had 3-4 offsides/false starts. One was on 3rd and 5 with Forrest deep in their own territory. One was on a 38 yard FG attempt which made it a 33 yd attempt (this proved to be the difference in the game).

One holding call was downfield and led to a 2nd and 10. One holding call set up a 1st and 26 which they converted on a nice pass to #23 which led to the go ahead score.

Multiple Personal foul and unsportsmanlikes sealed their fate. The refs did not call everything. A handful of other activity from Meigs did not get flagged.

Overall, exciting hard fought game that gave me my money's worth.

Great recap, thanks for the post!

These two may have meetings in the near future. The future for both programs is bright. Forrest started 3 freshmen and had 5 others play significant minutes. Meigs QB will be fun to watch in the coming seasons.

If they meet again it will be in the state finals since Forrest is getting shipped out west. The puzzling thing is that meigs goes to the Knoxville region and Marion has to drive 110 miles to Telico plains. They must have been trying to even the regions up. Talk about watered down.

You can't blame a loss on the officials. Some of the calls were unfortunate, but it is what it is. To the poster who said the TSSAA would get the film, feel free. If there's anything I've learned it's that the TSSAA will speedily and efficiently look into the matter and a just and resolute decision will be made. Good luck to the Rockets.

seriously great post! I wish the best of luck to y'all next year it looks like you guys are building a program. Maturity will catch up with the others.

Made the 5 hr trip on a last second audible personally. Dragged a friend. I am hurting today physically and don't know how much energy I will have, but I do have thoughts on the game:

Coach Johns, in one year, has cemented himself as the best coach in Forrest history with regards to results. 

- Meigs #1 was the best back Forrest has seen all year. Inarguable. 
- Forrest looks gimpy and banged up as a team. Don't know official injury report, but they just look tired. If there is any chance they could focus on lifting and not hitting this week, might be a good idea. 
- #7 makes throws when it counts. Period. #8 again was a man amongst boys. 
- Forrest controlled field position in the second half of this game, unlike the Tyner game. 
- Salem on here is a great poster. Very good analysis. 
- The TD catch that won the game was a jump ball between 3 kids. The Forrest kid won and outwrestled the Meigs kid on the ground for the TD.  
- The trick play from Meigs kept them in the game. WTH was that. 
- The game got very ugly at the end and I'm going to discuss that. 

- Here's what happened. #22 intercepted the ball. He ran a few yards, I'm not sure if he got out of the endzone or not, and he got gang tackled. Fine. Game over. But Meigs kids kept jumping on, and they were practically performing surgery on the Forrest kid. Punches, kicks, etc. Disturbing to say the least. 

- Kids on either side are lining up to shake hands when all of a sudden the Meigs kids fall out of line and are progressing towards the Rocket sideline more like a pack. Above this you can hear the Meigs  headcoach screaming things like "You all didn't win, the refs gave you the game...hope you enjoy it, you didn't earn it.." He was screaming this at children. He was screaming this at students, players, and the Forrest coaches. We knew it was him because his hynea high pitch voice could be heard thruout the entire game. 

- Forrest coaches yelled back some, but basically let that redneck hang himself with his own stupidity. What an embarrassment. 

- No Forrest players were addressing Meigs fans. That would never be allowed. 

- Meigs players continued to menacingly "float" near Forrest students, fans, players who were praying. Flexing and acting like they wanted to fight. 

- I've never seen anything like it. This rains from the top down folks. When the head man is allowed to display such asinine, immature behavior, there's no mystery as to why the kids were doing it. 

There is one reason Meigs was acting psycho- they thought they had the game won with 3 min left on the 4th down fail by Forrest. Period. Well they didn't. 

I know the TSSAA is a joke and will review nothing. Forrest had several kids injured on the final play.  Apparently eye gouging, kidney kicking, scratching (that's right we had Meigs kids clawing bare skin on our kids) are also well taught in Decatur.

I'm back in Carter Co and I've got too much personal stuff going on to make the Marion game. I do want to congratulate Forrest on 11 wins, Final 8, both school records, as well as staying classy in the face of borderline criminal behavior the likes of which this old man has not witnessed on a football field. 

The other Forrest fans on here are showing incredible restraint, as they know every syllable I am writing is correct. 

So much for "Meigs wins this one"     

Coach Johns, in one year, has cemented himself as the best coach in Forrest history with regards to results. 

Made the 5 hr trip on a last second audible personally. Dragged a friend. I am hurting today physically and don't know how much energy I will have, but I do have thoughts on the game:

- Meigs #1 was the best back Forrest has seen all year. Inarguable.

- Forrest looks gimpy and banged up as a team. Don't know official injury report, but they just look tired. If there is any chance they could focus on lifting and not hitting this week, might be a good idea.

- #7 makes throws when it counts. Period. #8 again was a man amongst boys.

- Forrest controlled field position in the second half of this game, unlike the Tyner game.

- Salem on here is a great poster. Very good analysis.

- The TD catch that won the game was a jump ball between 3 kids. The Forrest kid won and outwrestled the Meigs kid on the ground for the TD.

- The trick play from Meigs kept them in the game. WTH was that.

- The game got very ugly at the end and I'm going to discuss that.

- Here's what happened. #22 intercepted the ball. He ran a few yards, I'm not sure if he got out of the endzone or not, and he got gang tackled. Fine. Game over. But Meigs kids kept jumping on, and they were practically performing surgery on the Forrest kid. Punches, kicks, etc. Disturbing to say the least.

- Kids on either side are lining up to shake hands when all of a sudden the Meigs kids fall out of line and are progressing towards the Rocket sideline more like a pack. Above this you can hear the Meigs headcoach screaming things like "You all didn't win, the refs gave you the game...hope you enjoy it, you didn't earn it.." He was screaming this at children. He was screaming this at students, players, and the Forrest coaches. We knew it was him because his hynea high pitch voice could be heard thruout the entire game.

- Forrest coaches yelled back some, but basically let that redneck hang himself with his own stupidity. What an embarrassment.

- No Forrest players were addressing Meigs fans. That would never be allowed.

- Meigs players continued to menacingly "float" near Forrest students, fans, players who were praying. Flexing and acting like they wanted to fight.

- I've never seen anything like it. This rains from the top down folks. When the head man is allowed to display such asinine, immature behavior, there's no mystery as to why the kids were doing it.

There is one reason Meigs was acting psycho- they thought they had the game won with 3 min left on the 4th down fail by Forrest. Period. Well they didn't.

I know the TSSAA is a joke and will review nothing. Forrest had several kids injured on the final play. Apparently eye gouging, kidney kicking, scratching (that's right we had Meigs kids clawing bare skin on our kids) are also well taught in Decatur.

I'm back in Carter Co and I've got too much personal stuff going on to make the Marion game. I do want to congratulate Forrest on 11 wins, Final 8, both school records, as well as staying classy in the face of borderline criminal behavior the likes of which this old man has not witnessed on a football field.

The other Forrest fans on here are showing incredible restraint, as they know every syllable I am writing is correct.

So much for "Meigs wins this one"

Ok, I have read enough from fans on both sides. I saw two teams play a hard fought game. I didn't hear the Meigs coach screaming. I did see a scuffle in the end zone. I did see players from BOTH sides acting out. I saw and heard plenty of classless fans from both teams.

I really thought both teams were evenly matched. Thanks to the Forrest fans and Meigs fans that recognized and respected the players for both teams that had a great game.

I wasn't on the field so I'm not making any calls to whether any kids were fighting in the pile. I do know from experience it happens. Tensions are high expectations are grand. Teenagers and immature adults lose control. I applauded gathered my things and went home satisfied the Tigers had a great season.

Bashing either team or calling specific kids, coaches or whatever out on a public forum behind a username is easy.

I wish the best for Forrest as they face the machine that is Marion County.

I hope they lock this thread because it truly has gotten ridiculous. I'm embarrassed for both teams when I read things fans post here.

Ok, I have read enough from fans on both sides. I saw two teams play a hard fought game. I didn't hear the Meigs coach screaming. I did see a scuffle in the end zone. I did see players from BOTH sides acting out. I saw and heard plenty of classless fans from both teams.

I really thought both teams were evenly matched. Thanks to the Forrest fans and Meigs fans that recognized and respected the players for both teams that had a great game.

I wasn't on the field so I'm not making any calls to whether any kids were fighting in the pile. I do know from experience it happens. Tensions are high expectations are grand. Teenagers and immature adults lose control. I applauded gathered my things and went home satisfied the Tigers had a great season.

Bashing either team or calling specific kids, coaches or whatever out on a public forum behind a username is easy.

I wish the best for Forrest as they face the machine that is Marion County.

I hope they lock this thread because it truly has gotten ridiculous. I'm embarrassed for both teams when I read things fans post here.

+1

I wasn't on the field either I would have gotten my butt kicked. We could hear it in the stands. Give me a break. Anything from Forrest was in response to...the eye gouging and scratches, it was unbelievable. #22 could have been really really hurt (it looked like a WWE battle royale or a gang initiation) and the refs were sprinting off the field.    

Edited by Amerigha