Happy Valley vs. Austin East 3rd round

JonathanHVHS

I'm pulling for happy valley in this one but AE has had a decent team and if they are better than past years(which it looks like they clearly are) when they played in 3a with us and hv then they are definitely for real just like hv this year. But if 50pts by a team that played hv in a close low scoring game isn't enough to beat them then that is pretty insane and I don't see how hv wins this. I'M hoping at least one of us makes it but I feel this week could be the end for carter co :( if hv wins I think it'll be close but if AE wins it'll probably be by at least 2 or 3 tds. IF hv cam keep it low scoring I feel they can take it

Guest Fall101

Scott Co stands out also. Held um scoreless and Scott Co put on 28 on Alcoa. They can play when they take a notion.

I agree AE is a very good team. I seen them live against Scott. However Scott's QB broke his collarbone midway through the 2nd quarter. I don't know if Scott would have won but it would been a much better ballgame with him in. I ain't taking nothing away from AE because when they buckle down and play they are dang good.

Edited by Fall101

Since my team has played and lost to both, I'll chime in with this: Both teams have great speed on the outside. Both teams have a great LB that dominates on DEF. Both teams have tuff, athletic linemen. I believe the difference is going to be AE's QB....he is one of the best in the state. He can move around, run for 40 if chased out, and he can wear out the middle of the field with mid-level passes, which is what GCA didn't do as much as we should've vs HV. It was open to the H-back all night long, because HV LBs were overly aggressive. But, as occurred all season, we didn't take advantage of what was given to us. AE will see it on film and use it. Get one of their scat backs/wrs the ball in space and adios! Hoping for a great game from both teams, but I'm taking AE if I have to bet the farm. Good luck to both teams....y'all are very deserving of this matchup!

I'm pulling for happy valley in this one but AE has had a decent team and if they are better than past years(which it looks like they clearly are) when they played in 3a with us and hv then they are definitely for real just like hv this year. But if 50pts by a team that played hv in a close low scoring game isn't enough to beat them then that is pretty insane and I don't see how hv wins this. I'M hoping at least one of us makes it but I feel this week could be the end for carter co :( if hv wins I think it'll be close but if AE wins it'll probably be by at least 2 or 3 tds. IF hv cam keep it low scoring I feel they can take it

We agree 100 percent.

Pulling for happy valley. Really doesn't matter both will be tough challenge for whoever they see the next round. The comment about if east had passing attack would have given trez a better game. When you run for 500 yard in a semi final game you dont get to work on your passing game much. To get to Cookeville you have to be able to stop someone and play D. So good luck to both teams and hopefully we see the winner in Marion next week

Pulling for happy valley. Really doesn't matter both will be tough challenge for whoever they see the next round. The comment about if east had passing attack would have given trez a better game. When you run for 500 yard in a semi final game you dont get to work on your passing game much. To get to Cookeville you have to be able to stop someone and play D. So good luck to both teams and hopefully we see the winner in Marion next week

I agree there. Some people don't realize how bad Hampton got whipped up front in that game

In order for Happy valley to have a chance against AE is to build a gate at the wall on the ends so Harper can't break lose. If they go chasing him like GCA did then it's all over. I watched Maryville play Blackman three years ago and had the same situation with Jennings when he was their QB.  GQ said if your going to beat me then we'll give up the pass and take our chances on it but Jennings never got lose. The one thing I saw in HV the other night is when the QB has to find someone they had a real good knack to get to the receiver when the ball was delivered.