The future of GCA football.....?

oathkeeper1

There is no doubt that everyone likes to win. I know I sure do but sometimes there's more to it then just winning. In the last thirty years I can tell anyone from my personal experience of watching high school football what my most favorite seasons have been and this year following the Rams have been in the top three. It has been very exciting to go to places I've never been to in my life. I've also enjoyed watching a group of kids go through ups and downs as this season went along. Most people know that I do follow Maryville and have season tickets there as well and still chose to come and watch GCA every game this year. I was just looking on my desk here at two season tickets I wasn't able to give to anyone that I could of went and watched Maryville win 38-0 over Bearden but ended up at Grace watching Webb beat us 41-0 and still had a better time.  I know the season is now over and I'll be at Maryville this week watching them take on Blackman but I'll also have a big hole in my heart knowing how much I would love to have been at another GCA game. I have nothing but the best to say for the whole entire school and staff that made all this possible.

Edited by BarneySox2007

There is no doubt that everyone likes to win. I know I sure do but sometimes there's more to it then just winning. In the last thirty years I can tell anyone from my personal experience of watching high school football what my most favorite seasons have been and this year following the Rams have been in the top three. It has been very exciting to go to places I've never been to in my life. I've also enjoyed watching a group of kids go through ups and downs as this season went along. Most people know that I do follow Maryville and have season tickets there as well and still chose to come and watch GCA every game this year. I was just looking on my desk here at two season tickets I wasn't able to give to anyone that I could of went and watched Maryville win 38-0 over Bearden but ended up at Grace watching Webb beat us 41-0 and still had a better time.  I know the season is now over and I'll be at Maryville this week watching them take on Blackman but I'll also have a big hole in my heart knowing how much I would love to have been at another GCA game. I have nothing but the best to say for the whole entire school and staff that made all this possible.

Dang Barney, I ain't never experienced a Mairvul home game. I may have to hit you up for a ticket sometime in the near future. Get me some of them touchdown cookies and get to see MamaStars up close and personal.

I set right beside them Southtowner. Their real great people. I'm sure everyone would love to see you.

I'm always reading the Maryville threads.  That Stars and Red Rebels are something else.

I've got a little connection somewhat with a few Maryville folks. I know Derek Rang coach of Dresden as I worked for a short while with his dad Dave long time back.  Great people.

I'm always reading the Maryville threads.  That Stars and Red Rebels are something else.

I've got a little connection somewhat with a few Maryville folks. I know Derek Rang coach of Dresden as I worked for a short while with his dad Dave long time back.  Great people.

If a team is smart and looking for a head coach Derek would be my choice in a heart beat. Have no clue how he likes it where he is at but everyone would love to come back home or near in most situations. Of all kids that have played under GQ this guy would be number one in my book and for any program wanting to break out of the pack and make it to the big time. This would be the man. The Maryville, Oak Ridge and William Blount and even D-B threads are some of the funniest one's to read because we do know each other and carry on like brothers and sisters fighting over who gets the bathroom first or gets to talk on the phone but we are all great friends. I'm sure you still remember posting no cookies for Barney during the Fulton week. I'm always getting her and Red Rebels going on here but we're all great friends. This wouldn't be so much fun to read if you didn't have someone spiking the punch bowl ever now and then.

Hmmm??None of us would do such a thing!I will give raven credit for standing by what he said!Can't say he is a coward!Kudos little feller!

I know one guy that has a dozen screen names and he'll start a thread and fight with his on self to get the fire going and what's even funnier than that is the guy will register those names under fans he knows so the blame falls on their heads. He gets so much stuff going he mentions things he said and forgets which name he said it under.

Hmmm??None of us would do such a thing!I will give raven credit for standing by what he said!Can't say he is a coward!Kudos little feller!

I started in 02 under turboman then flossie. I settled on the king in 03. I was banned and used king of landers and storm55 til those names were also banned. I used azaz09 for a week til that one was banned and switched to zaza90. I used my old Murphy prep talk name landerpower for awhile. 7 years ago I started behaving and got my king name back so here we are. :)

I started in 02 under turboman then flossie. I settled on the king in 03. I was banned and used king of landers and storm55 til those names were also banned. I used azaz09 for a week til that one was banned and switched to zaza90. I used my old Murphy prep talk name landerpower for awhile. 7 years ago I started behaving and got my king name back so here we are. :)

Long live The King

d46347aefcc72e46d6cfa330e6c83e5c.gif

And you remember all those names?LOL.I will not reveal my past name(only one)because I caused a lot of problems on our own home front with it.So I buried it and will leave it there.I was a little peeoed at some of our leaders(supposedly)at our school at the time.Also some selfish parents.They are gone now!Of course that's were I started my tearing down of Mecca also..I will say I am most proud of that one tho!HaHa pride will be texting me but it was before his time.I have grown up a tad since then.When we went to GCA the other day as prides guest I will say I was welcomed with open arms and had a lot of fun with the GCA faithful who had always wanted to meet GBs OnB!:roflol:

And you remember all those names?LOL.I will not reveal my past name(only one)because I caused a lot of problems on our own home front with it.So I buried it and will leave it there.I was a little peeoed at some of our leaders(supposedly)at our school at the time.Also some selfish parents.They are gone now!Of course that's were I started my tearing down of Mecca also..I will say I am most proud of that one tho!HaHa pride will be texting me but it was before his time.I have grown up a tad since then.When we went to GCA the other day as prides guest I will say I was welcomed with open arms and had a lot of fun with the GCA faithful who had always wanted to meet GBs OnB!:roflol:

I've been a couple of times, not many rams wanted to meet crow.