Dresden Verses Wayne County

ysoangry

Great Post. Yes Dresden beat Trenton twice, Beat Union City twice. They were the better team. this is there year. Our district are made of winners. Our district was not as strong top to bottom as it is usually but combined we gave a great Dresden team just enough looks and competition to prepare them for Wayne County. WC people did not respect Dresden because of what they thought was a week schedule. The schedule was not that weak. As you see Dresden is just that good. They have played on another level all year. Now our district has a chance to bring home 4 Gold balls in 5 years. Go Lions all the way from Peabody.

Yes sir! Peabody & UC both (I think) have won gold balls in multiple divisions. That one year both defending champs were in same Region, lucky 7. Dresden's only two losses were to those champs. Lions will be FOREVER grateful to Tide for beating us, we will never overlook any team ever again, overestimate one's self, nor underestimate how potent & game-changing one player can be, and esp not any team. Y'all warned us what a stud your QB was and none of us really believed the hype.. But we do now & forevermore. Sounds odd perhaps, but it is truth. That one loss changed our whole program, for the better too. Our respect and awareness of WC's studs & team abilities made our men prepare hard & play harder! Wildcats brought out Dresden's best. Well...almost our best. We still have some tweaking to do. Penalties. Blocking on all-out blitzes. Not trying to do too much. Hang on to ball with both hands. (IF we had lost those two fumbles we had which we recovered, maybe a whole diff score tonight!)... We hitting on 7 - 7.5 cylinders, by next week we will be on all eight. We will need to against Greenback. No doubt about it! Liking Lions chances though! Region 7 in 1A AND now next year in 2A with Trenton & UC moving up, we will be a force to reckon with indeed! Thanks for support. West gets Gold. .. Bet!

Yes sir! Peabody & UC both (I think) have won gold balls in multiple divisions. That one year both defending champs were in same Region, lucky 7. Dresden's only two losses were to those champs. Lions will be FOREVER grateful to Tide for beating us, we will never overlook any team ever again, overestimate one's self, nor underestimate how potent & game-changing one player can be, and esp not any team. Y'all warned us what a stud your QB was and none of us really believed the hype.. But we do now & forevermore. Sounds odd perhaps, but it is truth. That one loss changed our whole program, for the better too. Our respect and awareness of WC's studs & team abilities made our men prepare hard & play harder! Wildcats brought out Dresden's best. Well...almost our best. We still have some tweaking to do. Penalties. Blocking on all-out blitzes. Not trying to do too much. Hang on to ball with both hands. (IF we had lost those two fumbles we had which we recovered, maybe a whole diff score tonight!)... We hitting on 7 - 7.5 cylinders, by next week we will be on all eight. We will need to against Greenback. No doubt about it! Liking Lions chances though! Region 7 in 1A AND now next year in 2A with Trenton & UC moving up, we will be a force to reckon with indeed! Thanks for support. West gets Gold. .. Bet!

Great response. I was at the game and if Dresden did not make some of the mistakes they made, it would have been another running clock. But hats off to WC. There was a lot of Trenton people and Humboldt people along with UC and some of the other district foes rooting for you guys tonight as well as next week. Believe this, Greenback has not seen a single A team with 3A ability like Dresden. Go Lions.

Great response. I was at the game and if Dresden did not make some of the mistakes they made, it would have been another running clock. But hats off to WC. There was a lot of Trenton people and Humboldt people along with UC and some of the other district foes rooting for you guys tonight as well as next week. Believe this, Greenback has not seen a single A team with 3A ability like Dresden. Go Lions.

Don't start comparing Dresden to the Libertys. Dresden best in 1a

Congrats Dresden, better team won, good luck in cookeville!

Wildcat89. I was not overly impressed with this WC team. They were a little bit better than average at best. Rice made a bonehead mistake but there was still plenty of time to overcome that mistake. You bashed Peabody.. I won't bash WC. They were good but not on the same level with Dresden. You underestimated our district because of the Peabody drubbing by NC last year. That was one game... So maybe I should retract my statement about WC just being an average team. But I will say they were average tonight. I saw one impressive player. Number 7. Winn was so much better than Rice (Tonight) Hands down

Edited by allgoodlf

Wildcat89. I was not overly impressed with this WC team. They were a little bit better than average at best. Rice made a bonehead mistake but there was still plenty of time to overcome that mistake. You bashed Peabody.. I won't bash WC. They were good but not on the same level with Dresden. You underestimated our district because of the Peabody drubbing by NC last year. That was one game... So maybe I should retract my statement about WC just being an average team. But I will say they were average tonight. I saw one impressive player. Number 7. Winn was so much better than Rice (Tonight) Hands down

Be respectful! Their was plenty of great athletes on Wayne County tonight. Dresden had some luck and big 4th down plays or the game would have been a barn burner. Dresden was the better team but don't downgrade their opponent.

Congrat's Dresden...the better team won. Top to bottom about as good as a small school will be with speed and athleticism everywhere. Nothing to hang your heads about Wildcats...didn't end the way you wanted, but a great season. Sometimes the ball bounces your way, sometimes not...a crucial "gimmee" touchdown, and a couple of potential turnovers that didn't happen and the game would have been tight.

Dresden is the real deal...all the pieces to go to Cookeville and dominate the game...Greenback better bring all that they've got, or it could be a long ride home.

Well this is my last post on this thread. I was the first to congratulate Dresden on the field tonight and the first to congratulate them on here. I said the better team won tonight and they did, but at the same time anybody that watched the game knows if WC hadn't made the early mistakes that this game comes down to the wire. Dresden is a really good team and this whole disrespect thing has gotten blown out of proportion. We've let a bunch of newbies on here get us all riled up and mad with me being as guilty as any. I tried from the beginning to be respectful but let a few get under my skin that probably won't ever even be back on here. I talked to several fans on the field tonight and congratulated them all and let them know I'm supporting Dresden til the end. No need in getting on here bashing WC, at least after this year most of you will know how to act when you win. Our boys gave their all but came up short, but we win and we lose with the same attitude, humble. Good luck next week