Dobyns Bennett 2017 Schedule

maroonpride

He may have been at the bar ever since GREENVILLE lost. Something definitely changed at that point.

I like this schedule just fine. If GC has really said that he won't leave while the program is down, then he's a fool - unwilling to accept his own responsibility for all this. People are already booing him from the stands. Maybe it isn't loud enough.

Hate to lose when you think it's a done deal with seconds left.I however thought Central was the better team on that night up front and overall.They were big,fast and well coached.I don't like to lose but when your team fights a great battle against those odds,it feels some what good.A lot better then DB against McMinn county where you know DB was 5  touchdowns better and still lost.

Not trying to be Negative Nellie, but losing to very small schools Greeneville and Alcoa is just flat out embarrassing for a school the size of DB.    And unless something drastically changes there is a very good chance of losing to both of them.    DB should beat these, and most, schools based on depth alone.     Geez Louise what are thy thinking (or maybe that's "drinking") in Kingsport these days??

Not trying to be Negative Nellie, but losing to very small schools Greeneville and Alcoa is just flat out embarrassing for a school the size of DB.    And unless something drastically changes there is a very good chance of losing to both of them.    DB should beat these, and most, schools based on depth alone.     Geez Louise what are thy thinking (or maybe that's "drinking") in Kingsport these days??

On the point somebody made earlier. DB is perpetually in the position of playing cupcakes and pad the win column or schedule challenging games and garner experience. in either case they make early exits in the playoffs so why not risk the latter and see if the experience gained from tough competition changes that fact. Playing cupcakes won't help in crunch time in big games down the line (by that I mean when it's crunch time with a playoff berth on the line) or when the going gets tough in a first or second round playoff game.

Alcoa in 3A is a perennial state champion, as some have stated on these messageboards they would beat most teams in the state, including 6A. I want to DB to beat Alcoa as much as anybody, but if DB can't do it are they suddenly a bottom feeder? The same goes for Greeneville, a very good 4A football team. Would it be telling of how far DB has fallen. I think it definitley would. That seems like the wake up call most DB fans want anyway. So let it happen, squeak out with a close win over a 3A or 4A powerhouses, or get blasted by the same two. It'd rather play perennial powers from lower classifications than a 3A Johnson County or 4A Sullivan Central. We'll find out a lot about what 2018 will look like with the results of this 2017 schedule.

We have to realize that the DB athletic director and the school board are not the equivalent of college athletic directors and college administrations, or even county schools AD's and school boards. We all know how Kingsport does things, ask Batman and Waco, they'll spell it out for you. I'm hoping this thing is cyclical and at some point the right moves will be made as my children grow and participate, but we'll have to wait and see. Going to be a long off season

Thoughts on who they should schedule non-conference games with? 

Not trying to be Negative Nellie, but losing to very small schools Greeneville and Alcoa is just flat out embarrassing for a school the size of DB. And unless something drastically changes there is a very good chance of losing to both of them. DB should beat these, and most, schools based on depth alone. Geez Louise what are thy thinking (or maybe that's "drinking") in Kingsport these days??

One more time.If most all the players are back as a few are saying for DB,here is a fact between DB's up coming senior class and Greeneville's awesome 11th and 12th class. fact is,next years seniors from Sevier beat Greeneville's 7th and 8th easy,Robinson lost to both during the season ,then beat them both in the playoffs for the championship.Other words,more then enough talent came to DB to get the job done in one class alone.Alcoa is a different beast most years.Only Maryville would have been a bigger challenge in East TN,but that's always going to be there in the 1st,2nd or 3rd round to give a quick reality check to other East tn 6a schools unless they have a contender.

Not trying to be negative or "mean" but DB needs to get over it's facilities and band . Get after the football team and get it working. They're nice to see and hear but don't do anything towards winning football games. Sorry that's how I see it and can only can comment on what I see and hear. Good Luck in the future. I do look forward to coming to Kingsport to play you all. Course I may have to sneak in and out of town, now HaHa

WILDCAT PRIDE

Before anyone starts thinking they should beat Alcoa just because of the size of DB, remember DB lost to WB. WB was beaten badly by Alcoa. Think the DB vs Alcoa game will be interesting.

DB's starting QB went down in the middle of the game with William Blount. Not saying that's why they lost, but surely didn't help.

DB's starting QB went down in the middle of the game with William Blount. Not saying that's why they lost, but surely didn't help.

Well lack of defense was what cost them the game but the magic pill was Maupin as far as winning the game. He was pretty close to the "one man team" on offense for DB. Without him they couldn't "outscore" WB.

Yeah, that can be a killer, but I think the point a lot of people have is that a school the size of DB should have enough depth to not miss a beat.     But I just don't think that's the case.