1A Championship Dresden verses Greenback

ysoangry

How much better is GB compared to last year's team?

Since OnB asked for outside perspective, I'll take a shot at it. I watched 2 games last year and 3 games this season. I think the difference is experience and size. Last year these kids were a year younger and looked to me like they went into Cookeville a little wide eyed. Physically, they look stronger and the line looks much better, both offensively and defensively. The backs are all on top of their game, as of last night. QB showed good poise, much better than last year (experience). I don't think you can compare last year to this year. I see improvements across the board. Rttl and Crow could probably chime in more.

Edit: said "both" backs, but they have several than can carry it.

Edited by gcapride

Greenback was able to beat us last year which was really good for them. But I've watched a lot of stuff on them and I know for a fact they are much better than they were last year. I believe they shut out the two teams that beat them last year this year in the regular season. They barely lost any seniors. And now they have a chip on their shoulders. I would be very afraid of this Greenback team.

thanks but I don't put much stock in your opinion.

if WC #5 does my get pushed into the ball on the short punt then Dresden would not have scored that time. Just saying.

Point is it's Football & a very good Dresden defense caused the WC mistakes. Enough excuses about WC hurting themselves. It's football!! Dresden made a few costly mistakes that typically never happen either like #2 fumbling the ball.

Point is it's Football & a very good Dresden defense caused the WC mistakes. Enough excuses about WC hurting themselves. It's football!! Dresden made a few costly mistakes that typically never happen either like #2 fumbling the ball.

im a GB dad and I could care less who won the game last night. Just stating a fact.

Been watching this game as a player and fan for 32 years.I don't speak unless I have seen the team we play.I LIKE OUR CHANCES!Didnt say we win that would be an arrogant statement and I'm not the Almighty!BUT I LIKE OUR CHANCES!This GB team CAN BRING IT!

Dude, pay attention to who's posting. These are not Dresden fans. These are teams that have either played us or are in our area & watched us. Wayne County fans didn't give us a fighting chance of beating them either & now they are the ones posting about how good Dresden is on both sides of the ball.

Dude, pay attention to who's posting. These are not Dresden fans. These are teams that have either played us or are in our area & watched us. Wayne County fans didn't give us a fighting chance of beating them either & now they are the ones posting about how good Dresden is on both sides of the ball.

What they're saying doesn't mean anything. Last year EVERYONE said we would beat Greenback, and we didn't.