1A Championship Dresden verses Greenback

ysoangry

Congratulations to Dresden from Henry Co. It feels good to get that gold ball and monkey off your back, doesn't it?

amen friend! Next monkey?.. HUNTINGDON! :D ... Wayne Co.. PLEZ let Stang's win in playoffs.. just once. We owe them some payback.. big time. Ha. They've had Lions on a leash long enough! FREEEEDOOOOM!(as Braveheart said!)

Not going to take the time to go back through this thread & call out all the doubters & naysayers but if you were on here the last week talking about how Dresden didn't stand a chance & calling some of our players & team "trash", please eat your crow & congratulate this group of boys. i really expected some to have been on here by now. BCsportsfan for sure needs to eat his share of crow since he wasn't even affiliated with either team. Both teams showed in the 1st half that they deserved to be in the championship game. As I anticipated, Dresden made adjustments & did their thing in the 2nd half. Greenback's players were just as advertised (with the good & bad) & should be proud of a great season. I was taken back by the size of some of GB's boys when they came on the field but knew we had the playmakers on our team to get the win. Saw where at least one person said it was "classless" of Dresden to run the score up. Dresden scored 27 unanswered points & shut GB down in the 2nd half. This was the championship game & the biggest stage these guys had the opportunity to play on. They deserved their shining moment & the opportunity to showcase their talents. This Dresden team made history yesterday & we're going to be celebrating it for awhile. FINISHED BUSINESS!!!! Way to go Lions!

To clarify....the "classless" comment was not made on this thread or by a Greenback fan. It was on a different championship game thread.

Dresden fans have said since this group of seniors were playing pee wee football that they were special. Since middle school people have been saying they would give us our best chance at a gold ball & by gosh they did it. They fell short last year & set a goal at that point & came up with the motto "15in16" & "unfinished business". They played this entire season with a chip on their shoulder & remained focused & took care of business every game. Teams like this don't come thru Dresden or 1A football for that matter very often. Now they have a lot of young LIONS looking up to them & striving to reach the same goal. Way to go 2016 State Champs!! Take it all in & enjoy this moment. We sure have enjoyed the ride.

Gold ball coming back west where it belongs. good job lions congratulations..... you lions fans can now rightfully claim and deserve a seat at the big boy table..

1st Football Gold earned by any team in our county. Gold in other sports at several schools. This was first in football. So proud of & happy for this team!!! Amazing year!

I am very proud for the Dresden players, they worked for it and earned that gold ball. But with that said, I think some of the Dresfen fans need to learn how to win like the boys did. Show some respect to these boys that lined up across from them, they are kids. As for building a dynasty, it's a little early to be talking about that, not saying it won't happen but I wouldn't be yelling to loud, it's going to be a gauntlet in the west playoffs every year and you may never have another group as good as this one that just won it all. Again congrats on a great season and well deserved championship!

How long till Uncleyates and Hevy returns is the big question now? Hevy I'll be the first to say you were correct and sorry for doubting. I wasn't 100% sold until last weekend. Knew we had the talent but doubted the close game capability of the kids. Not any more!!

+1 . imo winning (at anything) is 15-25% skill & talent and 85-75% mindset/ attitude/ belief. Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, he can achieve. ..As a man thinketh, so he becomes... It's belief, faith, self-talk, etc. that's the main, key ingredient in being successful in anything. .. Anything is possible to him who believes. ...and I believe.