Oakland vs, Whitehaven

Blaze45

Lots of info on unapproved website about all teams. They have some of the playmakers plays there. Stevens and Oliver are the only players to commit to colleges at this point but have lots of players who have some skills. Also lots of film out there if you want to assess the offense and defense. Not a lot of people that stand out. Just a good overall team effort week in and out. And as you know from your own team, speed kills.

Thanks Tom. I was actually looking forward to what you had to say as to what you have personally witnessed throughout the season. However, I understand. Some fans feel like they are hurting their team if they give any comments or insights on a message board, so they are reluctant to do so. Thanks for responding anyway. I guess I will look elsewhere for specific commentary on your team.

If whitehaven plays defense and scores a few times then they have a shot. I watched the Maryville game again after I recorded it . Maryville had opportunities. They turned the ball over 2 times in the 3rd quarter when the game was close

I'm not sure whitehaven could beat Maryville so they better bring it or that bus ride back to Memphis will be silent

We gonna set Cookeville out regardless of the outcome but I sure hope we can play a relatively clean game and go back to God's Country (BlackHaven) with a Gold Ball. Saulsberry, Harmon, Dillard and Jason Harris, etc Deserve it! Edited by BlackHavenSenator

Thanks Tom. I was actually looking forward to what you had to say as to what you have personally witnessed throughout the season. However, I understand. Some fans feel like they are hurting their team if they give any comments or insights on a message board, so they are reluctant to do so. Thanks for responding anyway. I guess I will look elsewhere for specific commentary on your team.

Diplomatic Immunity like Killa Cam from K-Dub lol. We make up the Spectrum of posting. Imma say it like this, We Dallas Carter and Oakland is Odessa... yall know how that movie ended lol

I don't think our RB hasn't been under 100 yards all season and that's while splitting carries with our backup rb, qb, and fb. We're gonna have to run the ball to win and run we will. I think our defense will get at least 2 picks since Oakland likes to throw a lot. That'll be the key, our defense will win this game. I'm sure Oakland feels the exact same way about their D, can't wait!

Dang I thought you guys said you had the number 1 running back in the state stats say he is number 9 with 1701 yards in 12 regular games for an average of 141.8 per game Blackman's running back number 6 with 2031 yards in 11 regular season games an average of 184.6 per game. Oakland beat Blackman 38 to nothing, And yes I think Oakland's defense will win the game for them with allowing only 4.8 points per game all season long counting the playoffs and scoring an average of 47.8.

I can guarantee you one thing. Won't be much scoring in this game. Haven't seen Whitehaven play but know they always have great athletes. Saulsbery does a good job at Whitehaven. I saw Oakland this past Friday. Offensively they have 2 good tailbacks in Patterson and Roper. Quarterback is good. Oline is physical. Good receivers.

What makes Oakland great is their defense. Best defense I ever seen a George Quarles team go against. Jacoby Stevens is a LSU commit playing safety. Kaleb Oliver is a combo LB/S going to Miss State. Both those kids are awesome. But! They have way more than Oliver and Stevens. Jackson Cauthen is a darn good MLB. #99 reminded me of the kid from Ravenwood last year that played noseguard. He killed Maryville. Everyone on that defense has great speed and quickness. Getting a 1st down is a chore against that bunch. They tackle well also.

Compton has an unhealthy obsession with Maryville.

Best defense ever? Better then 2004 Melrose? Better then 2015 Ravenwood? Wow, that's high praise coming from you.

I know that the NG for the 2015 Ravenwood team gave us fits last year. That speaks volumes about #99.

Thanks for the run down on Oakland.

Edited by kwc

Dang I thought you guys said you had the number 1 running back in the state stats say he is number 9 with 1701 yards in 12 regular games for an average of 141.8 per game Blackman's running back number 6 with 2031 yards in 11 regular season games an average of 184.6 per game. Oakland beat Blackman 38 to nothing, And yes I think Oakland's defense will win the game for them with allowing only 4.8 points per game all season long counting the playoffs and scoring an average of 47.8.

Idk who said we had leading rusher in the state cause he's not even the leading rusher in the city. But we feel and Im sure a lot of others, especially those who played against us feel he is the best back in the state. Like I stated earlier he's not even carrying the load because the ball gets spread around amongst our backfield. We are not Blackman and I'm sure Blackmans back is good but ours is better. If he gets another 140 against Oakland that should seal the deal for Mr. Football and a gold ball. They won't score 47 and we will score way more than 4.