Oakland vs, Whitehaven

Blaze45

I'm reading all of these people stating negatively about Oakland's play calling and game planning.

This is very funny to me. Go back to the very beginning of this thread and see if that was an issue that was brought up before the game. Wait. I'll save you the trouble. It was NEVER an issue. As a matter of fact. The Oakland offense was scoring so many points, and the defense was so stout that, that wasn't even considered to be an issue. NOW, all of a sudden, Oakland needs some "offensive wrinkles"?

You guys are amazing. Quite frankly, it's extremely difficult to execute plays when the opposing team's defense is better then anything you have faced all year. You may get a shot or two, but you had better make them count because you aren't going to get many of them.

Maybe, it's not the need for "wrinkles" in the offense as to why Oakland lost.

Whatever.

Man I'm not taking anything away from you guys. You're defense is very elite and you beat what I think is the best Ruco county team I've ever seen fair and square. I think any team after a loss has to look at why they lost and make sure it doesn't happen again. I think opening the offense up would have helped Oakland and think they need to in the coming years. When you get to the championship you're always gonna play a good defense and you have to adapt. Whitehaven did and Oakland didn't. So understand you guys are the best team in the state and maybe the best defense I've ever seen. I was not taking credit away from your team. Congrats to y'all

I'm reading all of these people stating negatively about Oakland's play calling and game planning.

This is very funny to me. Go back to the very beginning of this thread and see if that was an issue that was brought up before the game. Wait. I'll save you the trouble. It was NEVER an issue. As a matter of fact. The Oakland offense was scoring so many points, and the defense was so stout that, that wasn't even considered to be an issue. NOW, all of a sudden, Oakland needs some "offensive wrinkles"?

You guys are amazing. Quite frankly, it's extremely difficult to execute plays when the opposing team's defense is better then anything you have faced all year. You may get a shot or two, but you had better make them count because you aren't going to get many of them.

Maybe, it's not the need for "wrinkles" in the offense as to why Oakland lost.

Whatever.

Man I'm not taking anything away from you guys. You're defense is very elite and you beat what I think is the best Ruco county team I've ever seen fair and square. I think any team after a loss has to look at why they lost and make sure it doesn't happen again. I think opening the offense up would have helped Oakland and think they need to in the coming years. When you get to the championship you're always gonna play a good defense and you have to adapt. Whitehaven did and Oakland didn't. So understand you guys are the best team in the state and maybe the best defense I've ever seen. I was not taking credit away from your team. Congrats to y'all

My point. It had NOTHING to do with play calling. That was two juggernauts on display last night. That game could have ended differently. That game was just so physical. Wrinkles, shminckles ... adding plays doesn't win that game.

My point. It had NOTHING to do with play calling. That was two juggernauts on display last night. That game could have ended differently. That game was just so physical. Wrinkles, shminckles ... adding plays doesn't win that game.

Yea it was incredibly physical no doubt. And I am talking about Oaklands scheme as a whole. Whitehaven has a great defense every year and I don't know if that scheme will ever beat them. Nothing surprised Whitehaven last night and they were way to physical and powerful to keep running 2 belly every first down for a gain of 1. I don't think it was play calling I just believe that is Oaklands system that has worked against inferior opponents. Again Oakland was just outmanned and I get that. I know most people think the private schools are the best in the state but the 2 teams that played last night were the cream of the crop in 2016 in my opinion. I hate that Oakland lost but I was not disappointed that I went and sat in the rain for 3 hours. That was a game I will never forget and I have a feeling those 2 teams are gonna play each other again in the state very soon. Whitehaven has surpassed everyone as the top dog in 6a now even Maryville in my opinion. I hope the Blackman Blaze can throw their hate in the ring at some point.

#22 miller dislocated his finger to the point it broke through the skin, they popped it back and taped him up...his dad told me he said, there is no way he is not getting back in that game!!! If you gone be a beast, you got to have heart!! He has it and then some..

Heart, nuts, n guts

Edited by Havengrad04

My bad Blaze45:

I was so high on adrenaline, that I was up until at least 2 AM on CoachT that I read it, and then probably forgot that I read it. I was also too busy going back through the older posts in this thread. Kinda hard to do on your smart phone.

My apologies.

No apologies.. man you should gloat.. you guys won  congrats... all I can say .. Debo(Oakland) You shoul have been bobbin and weavin... you got knocked >>>>> out