Alcoa 2017 - The F5 Tornadoes Making H15TORY!

BCsportsfan

I can fill you in on Corbin, KY a little better

The Redhounds are coming off back to back Semi-Finals appearances, they are a Class 3A team. Both times they lost to eventual State Champ Belfry (who KnoxCath has played the past two years)

This year, IMHO, Corbin was clearly the 2nd best team in KY Class 3A. They actually led Belfry late in the 2nd Half at home and had executed a beautiful gameplan, but then Belfry made some adjustments and the wheels came off en route to a 42-17 Final Score. Belfry exploded for 28 points in like a 6:00 window capitalizing on turnovers and big plays.

Corbin's program is ascending right now. They have a very talented young Head Coach in Justin Haddix and Corbin used to be a powerhouse program. He has reignited the fire down there and their feeder system is producing great talent. 

They will be a Pre-Season Top 3 team in Kentucky 3A, and might even be Pre-Season #1 with Belfry losing so much talent to graduation. Corbin returns a three year starter at QB and he is very good. He is a Tim Tebow-esque player, bruising runner and accurate passer. They do a lot of RPO with him and they like ball control on Offense.  They have some nice talent back at Receiver and good pieces on the line, but will need a secondary running option as their two best backs graduated. They also lost a hybrid TE that was their best possession receiver.

Defensively, they have a solid core returning. Their Defense isn't anything physically imposing.. just very well coached and "good but not great" size across the board. Belfry has killed them the past two years with speed on the edge though and I anticipate Alcoa to bust some big plays as well.

For an easy comparison for Alcoa... I would say this Corbin team will be better than CAK across the board, but not at the level of a KnoxCath. 

If you think back to when they played Bell County some years back, just think of it this way. Corbin has replaced Bell County as the premier program in that area. Scheme wise they are different, but from an overall team talent standpoint I would compare them favorably. Maybe a slight edge to the 2017 Corbin team over that specific Bell squad that wasn't one of their best.

I would say Alcoa will enter as a 3-4 TD favorite. They will get a great challenge, but not sure Corbin can hang with them athlete for athlete that early in the Season.

I can fill you in on Corbin, KY a little better

The Redhounds are coming off back to back Semi-Finals appearances, they are a Class 3A team. Both times they lost to eventual State Champ Belfry (who KnoxCath has played the past two years)

This year, IMHO, Corbin was clearly the 2nd best team in KY Class 3A. They actually led Belfry late in the 2nd Half at home and had executed a beautiful gameplan, but then Belfry made some adjustments and the wheels came off en route to a 42-17 Final Score. Belfry exploded for 28 points in like a 6:00 window capitalizing on turnovers and big plays.

Corbin's program is ascending right now. They have a very talented young Head Coach in Justin Haddix and Corbin used to be a powerhouse program. He has reignited the fire down there and their feeder system is producing great talent.

They will be a Pre-Season Top 3 team in Kentucky 3A, and might even be Pre-Season #1 with Belfry losing so much talent to graduation. Corbin returns a three year starter at QB and he is very good. He is a Tim Tebow-esque player, bruising runner and accurate passer. They do a lot of RPO with him and they like ball control on Offense. They have some nice talent back at Receiver and good pieces on the line, but will need a secondary running option as their two best backs graduated. They also lost a hybrid TE that was their best possession receiver.

Defensively, they have a solid core returning. Their Defense isn't anything physically imposing.. just very well coached and "good but not great" size across the board. Belfry has killed them the past two years with speed on the edge though and I anticipate Alcoa to bust some big plays as well.

For an easy comparison for Alcoa... I would say this Corbin team will be better than CAK across the board, but not at the level of a KnoxCath.

If you think back to when they played Bell County some years back, just think of it this way. Corbin has replaced Bell County as the premier program in that area. Scheme wise they are different, but from an overall team talent standpoint I would compare them favorably. Maybe a slight edge to the 2017 Corbin team over that specific Bell squad that wasn't one of their best.

I would say Alcoa will enter as a 3-4 TD favorite. They will get a great challenge, but not sure Corbin can hang with them athlete for athlete that early in the Season.

They sound like a good football team. Is this game going to be on a Saturday?

Congratulations to all the Alcoa Football Seniors that will sign today, good luck at the next level in the classroom and on the field. Thank you for some great football at Alcoa High School !!! Wish you all the very best as you begin your next step in college.

🌪ðŸ†ðŸŒªðŸˆ

Edited by Frid8yn9tlites

Congratulations to all the Alcoa Football Seniors that will sign today, good luck at the next level in the classroom and on the field. Thank you for some great football at Alcoa High School !!! Wish you all the very best as you begin your next step in college.

Great group of seniors! Thanks for the great moments and great leadership for the younger players

I would love too. October 6 would work for me cause that is my fall break next year and we usually try to get to gatlinburg and take my kids to the indoor water park. But I am a band director and it is difficult to get away on Friday nights.

'Bout that band director thing you do...Scotts Hill just "lost" ours officially Friday...know where we might find one??? :rolleyes: 

'Bout that band director thing you do...Scotts Hill just "lost" ours officially Friday...know where we might find one??? :rolleyes:

is she going to finish out the year?? You have a really good situation there trader it should not be too hard to find someone. If I was you I would have someone in school administration contact the West TN School Band and Orchestra association. (WTSBOA). The vast majority of band directors in West TN are members of this association and word will spread quickly. They probably even have a place on there website to post job listings. Send Darell Evans an email or have an administrator do it. He is my best friend and a WTSBOA officer. Tell em Dustin Walters said email him. His email is jdevans@jmcss.org

Good luck with your search. Had circumstances with the travel distance been different with me I could have accommodated you. You guys truly have a special community and teachers are very lucky to work there. Gonna try to catch another game with you next season.

is she going to finish out the year?? You have a really good situation there trader it should not be too hard to find someone. If I was you I would have someone in school administration contact the West TN School Band and Orchestra association. (WTSBOA). The vast majority of band directors in West TN are members of this association and word will spread quickly. They probably even have a place on there website to post job listings. Send Darell Evans an email or have an administrator do it. He is my best friend and a WTSBOA officer. Tell em Dustin Walters said email him. His email is jdevans@jmcss.org

Good luck with your search. Had circumstances with the travel distance been different with me I could have accommodated you. You guys truly have a special community and teachers are very lucky to work there. Gonna try to catch another game with you next season.

Same deal on the game, and thanks for the help...going to finish the year out before leaving, so we've got some time to try and find a good one...some good deals on real estate around to eliminate that travel distance ;)...finally, my apologies to the goons for taking up space without asking permission!