Alcoa 2017 - The F5 Tornadoes Making H15TORY!

BCsportsfan

7 hours ago, gmpop said:

How did Alcoa look in the scrimmage against Baylor?

Baylor's Offense came out clicking.  With UT commit Brendon Harris they moved the ball well. Alcoa's offense started out slow and could not sustain drives early. The Alcoa defense finally settled down and made some adjustments and got some big stops. But, not before Baylor was up 10-0. Alcoa drove the ball down to the 1 yard line only to get stopped on 4th down. Alcoa continued to get stops and drive the ball. But, was forced to settle for field goals. Alcoa had closed the gap to 10-6 when the 2's for both teams came in. From that point it was all Alcoa. Alcoa scored 3 TD's Baylor 0.

Baylor's Brendon Harris is going to be a great pickup for UT. He was one of the best Football players I've seen in a while.

1 hour ago, BCsportsfan said:

Baylor's Offense came out clicking.  With UT commit Brendon Harris they moved the ball well. Alcoa's offense started out slow and could not sustain drives early. The Alcoa defense finally settled down and made some adjustments and got some big stops. But, not before Baylor was up 10-0. Alcoa drove the ball down to the 1 yard line only to get stopped on 4th down. Alcoa continued to get stops and drive the ball. But, was forced to settle for field goals. Alcoa had closed the gap to 10-6 when the 2's for both teams came in. From that point it was all Alcoa. Alcoa scored 3 TD's Baylor 0.

Baylor's Brendon Harris is going to be a great pickup for UT. He was one of the best Football players I've seen in a while.

Tyson picked it up a notch and had two pretty good runs which really got the team fired up from that point and Alcoa really out played them from there on. 

4 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

All 3 TD's scored by freshmen.

Almost that time guys and gals!

I was glad to see Alcoa scrimmage some great competition like Baylor. Baylor should be a tough out for most DII schools this year. Loved the Harris kid, as a UT fan I'm glad to know that he'll be in Knoxville next year, (even though he was running his mouth a lot to the Alcoa team and bench).

As usual, Alcoa will be Alcoa I feel like. My initial concerns for the '17 squad are breaking in three new starters on the O-line and secondary, and you could kind of tell that we were doing just that yesterday. Besides some well-drawn up screen calls, there wasn't much on display from the throw game, but considering Tykee didn't scrimmage and is almost assured a TD per game, that is not too alarming. The 3-headed rushing attack looked great, they all three seem to bring a different style to the backfield. 

Defense should be tough as always. I think while slightly inexperienced our secondary has talent. The LB's are the complete opposite, full of returning experience and talent, and I like the D-line, especially with Salter moving to end. He was the most impressive player to me yesterday. The kicking and punting is set for the next three years.

1 hour ago, Tom142 said:

Almost that time guys and gals!

I was glad to see Alcoa scrimmage some great competition like Baylor. Baylor should be a tough out for most DII schools this year. Loved the Harris kid, as a UT fan I'm glad to know that he'll be in Knoxville next year, (even though he was running his mouth a lot to the Alcoa team and bench).

As usual, Alcoa will be Alcoa I feel like. My initial concerns for the '17 squad are breaking in three new starters on the O-line and secondary, and you could kind of tell that we were doing just that yesterday. Besides some well-drawn up screen calls, there wasn't much on display from the throw game, but considering Tykee didn't scrimmage and is almost assured a TD per game, that is not too alarming. The 3-headed rushing attack looked great, they all three seem to bring a different style to the backfield. 

Defense should be tough as always. I think while slightly inexperienced our secondary has talent. The LB's are the complete opposite, full of returning experience and talent, and I like the D-line, especially with Salter moving to end. He was the most impressive player to me yesterday. The kicking and punting is set for the next three years.

I agree with a lot of what you said. I think Alcoa was a little flat coming out because they were stoked about the way they worked out with Catholic. Once they settled in, they were fine. Baylor is a good team.  As far as the O-line goes, I think they are giving some kids every opportunity to step up and start. If they don't, then by week four the final starting line up will be set in place.

By the time the playoffs get here the secondary should have enough experience to go with their talent.

16 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

the Irish will show you tinheads how to deal with Baylor in a few weeks when the Irish kick off the new D2 2017 season with them

Booger just sayin :D