Alcoa 2017 - The F5 Tornadoes Making H15TORY!

BCsportsfan

1 hour ago, howdoitknow said:

Offensively you're saying Alcoa will look more like they did in 2004 & 2005 when they threw the football down the field with success to set up their run game?

I think they will still have a run 1st mentality. But teams must respect the passing game so the opposing D won't be able to overplay the run as much

For example, Alcoa completed 2 passes ( I think) in the State championship game and won 45-12. They will probably throw at least 15-18 passes every game this year.

If a defense doesn't load the box, my guess is the Tornadoes will usually run it until the other team slows them down. I think the RBs are very talented, just unproven because of the 3 senior RBs last yr getting the bulk of the carries.

14 hours ago, 32hammer said:

I think they will still have a run 1st mentality. But teams must respect the passing game so the opposing D won't be able to overplay the run as much

For example, Alcoa completed 2 passes ( I think) in the State championship game and won 45-12. They will probably throw at least 15-18 passes every game this year.

If a defense doesn't load the box, my guess is the Tornadoes will usually run it until the other team slows them down. I think the RBs are very talented, just unproven because of the 3 senior RBs last yr getting the bulk of the carries.

I also see the RB's catching more passes coming out of the backfield. Sometimes as a safety valve. #2, #6 & #23 in a little space on the edge.....got to like it! 

I heard from a little birdie that the F5 will be opening against Grace on Thursday 8/17.  I also heard that their game with Corbin, KY will take place on Saturday 8/26.  That's a unique date arrangement for Alcoa to begin the season.  If they are fortunate enough to start 2-0 then Coach Rankin will be bidding for his 400th career coaching victory on the team's first Friday game of the season.  

6 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

I heard from a little birdie that the F5 will be opening against Grace on Thursday 8/17.  I also heard that their game with Corbin, KY will take place on Saturday 8/26.  That's a unique date arrangement for Alcoa to begin the season.  If they are fortunate enough to start 2-0 then Coach Rankin will be bidding for his 400th career coaching victory on the team's first Friday game of the season.  

You can talk to birds??!!......cool.

On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 8:04 AM, BCsportsfan said:

Alcoa has a scrimmage scheduled with Baylor.

July 28th @ Alcoa

Hey BC...Hope all has been well.  I was told by a parent with a kid on the team that they scrimmaged West on the 28th and Baylor on Aug 4th....you have it on here as just the opposite.  Are you pretty sure about Baylor being on Aug 4th?  I really would like to see that scrimmage.