Top Ten Week Schedule

WrestlingGod

I think what dachamp means is that neither team will be bumping kids all over the place and playing strategy. Even if Soddy wins this one Cleveland is numer 1 seed in region and Soddy would be two and Bradleh 3 so they wrestle again next week to decide who wrestles against Cleveland so really tonight means nothing but bragging rights.

I think what dachamp means is that neither team will be bumping kids all over the place and playing strategy. Even if Soddy wins this one Cleveland is numer 1 seed in region and Soddy would be two and Bradleh 3 so they wrestle again next week to decide who wrestles against Cleveland so really tonight means nothing but bragging rights.

Oh ok, makes sense now. Just so I'm clear, you're saying BC don't care if they win anymore just bc they dropped 2 matches by a point to Cleveland. And Soddy, they know they can't make state duals based on the Coacht discussions, so they also don't care. Is that right?

Just seems like based on that rationale they just forfeit it out and don't make the boys have to make weight.

That's such a cop out statement! Both teams may not give it 100%?? I guarantee you whichever kid steps on the mat for each team will give 100%.

So what does DaChamps pre match speech sound like: "Ok guys, listen up, tonight were going to go in there and give approximately 65%. We just need enough to get through this so we can then get to Region Duals and forfeit out because we really don't want to show our hand. You guys got that? I don't want to see any of you trying to step up and be a hero and pushing out 70% effort. We're here to give minimal effort. Ok TJ, McElhaney, you guys just stay on the bus. I can't take any chances on you getting out of hand and like pinning someone or something. Headrick, none of those crazy high scoring throws tonight! You understand guys, we're going in here tonight to underwhelm! Got it ok ready? Everyone in, Dial it back on 3. 1---2---3!"

Lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do not think that is what he meant, he said he did not believe they would give 100 percent.  Nothing about strategy. You are right that it does not have an impact on the seeding, i agree there. 

Strategy by a coach is also figured into giving 100% to winning a dual match. Matchups are what duals are about and a coach not bumping guys different places would also mean he isn't giving 100% because truthfully nothing is on the line tonight! I don't think dachamps said anything about the wrestlers going out and not giving 100% tonight while wrestling and I know when I was a coach when things weren't on the line I wasn't giving anything away strategy wise when there was nothing on the line but pride. Doesn't mean I wasn't trying to win, but I wasn't moving kids from JV up that the other team maybe hadn't seen all year in the lineup or moved my strong wrestlers up weights, that is giving it 100% but hey that's just me and maybe that's not what dachamps meant.

Edited by cobrakid8

Strategy by a coach is also figured into giving 100% to winning a dual match. Matchups are what duals are about and a coach not bumping guys different places would also mean he isn't giving 100% because truthfully nothing is on the line tonight! I don't think dachamps said anything about the wrestlers going out and not giving 100% tonight while wrestling and I know when I was a coach when things weren't on the line I wasn't giving anything away strategy wise when there was nothing on the line but pride. Doesn't mean I wasn't trying to win, but I wasn't moving kids from JV up that the other team maybe hadn't seen all year in the lineup or moved my strong wrestlers up weights, that is giving it 100% but hey that's just me and maybe that's not what dachamps meant.

Thanks bud. Someone gets it. OW is just still a little butt hurt from all the region 4 talk. Why would you show them what you have in a useless matchup tonight? This means nothing unless you just wanna try to embarrass the team.

Heck as much as Soddy likes to forfeit, we may not even see a Wheaton and Anderson matchup tonight. I'm not saying that Bradley is just gonna lay down and say take us. Soddy will still have to earn this win, if they even do win. Just why would you go full beast mode tonight to have both coaches practice up on how to change whatever happened? Don't show much tonight! I'm pretty sure it's gonna be a dog fight next week in Rhea County!