Updated PinTN Rankings

WrestlingGod

Can't believe my boy Hunter Price is ranked in the top 5 at 195! This kid started wrestling as a Sophomore and that year when I worked with him I'd would have said that you were lying if you told me he'd be ranked by the time he was a Senior. heck, he didn't even make state tournament last year!

Two years later he's transformed his body completely to where he looks like a legit college prospect and Coach Cate has really helped in his technical development. Most of the credit goes to Hunter of course, but he's a long way from the days he got his tail kicked by Chad Solomon and Clay Strawn on a daily basis! #GoRebels

Science Hill has Wysong wrestling great with perfect timing heading into states. Win over December and a close loss to Sesnan as well.

Science Hill and TN High are bringing the competition level back up in Region 1.

I saw the Elijah Hicks final, congrats to the Seymore kid for the win however Hicks was winning and made a mistake which cost him the match win...he still looks good and If mistake free...should be in state finals again.

Will be interesting to see what kind of spin the PinTn crew will find to keep Science Hill out of the top ten now. I guess they'll fall to the "so and so wasn't in somebody's lineup" argument.

FWIW, pin-tin doesn't rank the top ten schools. A committee composed of TSSAA wrestling coaches do the team rankings. Pin-tn ranks individuals. Pin-tn does list the team rankings on the site.

-TH

Edited by pantheon

Will be interesting to see what kind of spin the PinTn crew will find to keep Science Hill out of the top ten now. I guess they'll fall to the "so and so wasn't in somebody's lineup" argument.

Are you serious Mom?  So what is your son's name that you want Pin-tn to list so you can put it up on Facebook?  Just list it here and we'll all agree that little Johnny is number one in everyone's heart. 

I suggest if you have such a disdain for Hamm's rankings that you make the effort to put together some of your own. Wilson and Beech are two top 6-8 teams and other than those two, who from middle Tennessee has Pin-TN "unfairly" listed in the rankings?