W.E.B.Dubois in Memphis

UCSportsFan

Penny is not the Head Coach at East nor is he the Head Coach for his 17U EYBL, so what's the problem? Most of the players are zoned to East because they went to Lester. I hope TSSAA come correct, because Penny money is long and I'm sure he will have his lawyers on standby

Everyone know's Penny is the head coach.  The other guy who know one even know's his name has the "title" for the school but Penny does all the coaching.  

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dubois is a Charter School.

If he is the AAU coach he isn't supposed to coach any of his kids that play for him or any 8th graders that will play for him.

That is a major violation.

Word is the TSSAA is really putting a case together against East for all the ties to Team Penny and East.

Everybody knows what that is about as well. There are coaches and administrations that want to bring down Memphis East and they are constantly complaining to the TSSAA about what East is doing. However, Penny and the East Administration aren't dummies. They know the rules. That's why warmachine said they are building a case. They don't have sufficient evidence against wrong doing.

I figure that East and Penny and the Administration knew before Penny got involved that there would be a whole lot of haters. They have built a public school basketball program that can consistently compete with and beat the prep schools of the world. It's unheard of. So, yeah, the haters will come and try to discredit what they are doing at East. It was bound to happen. Public schools aren't suppose to do what they are doing at East high school.

Expect the haters to show up in full force and call them cheaters. It comes with the success. What East is doing is unprecedented in Tennessee. 

Edited by kwc

Everyone know's Penny is the head coach. The other guy who know one even know's his name has the "title" for the school but Penny does all the coaching.

come on golf guy. Call it like you call it on other threads. You know you want to say they are cheating. You can't stand it when people follow the rules and you can't pin that cheating tag 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 let's see how did you say it. Recruiting?? 😂😂 Edited by BigEdMo

come on golf guy. Call it like you call it on other threads. You know you want to say they are cheating. You can't stand it when people follow the rules and you can't pin that cheating tag 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 let's see how did you say it. Recruiting?? 😂😂

You're a democrat aren't you BigEd. Only a democrat can twist things like you do. Did you vote for Bernie or Killery?

You're a democrat aren't you BigEd. Only a democrat can twist things like you do. Did you vote for Bernie or Killery?

wrong again sparky. Trump from the get go. That's why I call it like I see it. You get on other threads and call people cheaters and that they recruit. Now you get on here and play with kid gloves. Think I know who the real democrat is. Just like I said on the other threads. People play by the rules but privates you want to say are cheaters. Does that mean all are cheaters , No. and we most certainly are not cheaters at TCA. Just like W.E.B. Is not cheating. Playing by the rules!!!!!🌳🌳🌳🌳 shaking the bush boss. Edited by BigEdMo

Everybody knows what that is about as well. There are coaches and administrations that want to bring down Memphis East and they are constantly complaining to the TSSAA about what East is doing. However, Penny and the East Administration aren't dummies. They know the rules. That's why warmachine said they are building a case. They don't have sufficient evidence against wrong doing.

I figure that East and Penny and the Administration knew before Penny got involved that there would be a whole lot of haters. They have built a public school basketball program that can consistently compete with and beat the prep schools of the world. It's unheard of. So, yeah, the haters will come and try to discredit what they are doing at East. It was bound to happen. Public schools aren't suppose to do what they are doing at East high school.

Expect the haters to show up in full force and call them cheaters. It comes with the success. What East is doing is unprecedented in Tennessee. 

Everybody knows but most don't care. 

East is cheating but no one complains in Memphis because they know it will do no good. We joke all the time that Binghampton must be the new place to live because the best high school basketball players in Tennessee (and the Southeast Region) all live there. 

One of the best players in Memphis, that goes to a Shelby County School, lives in Olive Branch. Collum has been at 3 schools in three years. 

The new twist to this, from what I've heard is the Keelon Lawson is getting back into high school coaching and going back to Hamilton.