Whitehaven coach has schedule woes

CoachT

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While a game with this program would be interesting I put them in the same category as Alcoa due to their proximity. S.Pitt is by Chattanooga, a strong 5 hours away, thus making a game with them unrealistic, in my opinion.

S. Pitt is 4 1/2 hrs drive from Memphis. It's closer than driving to Springfield Illinois like y'all did in 2013 and 20 min farther than driving to East St. Louis like y'all did in 2012. If you can get a home and home with them then I would take it. Don't think it will be to much of a game but you can't be picky this late in the scheduling year

Southhaven then? West Memphis?

Who exactly are you calling out about not playing you? Those schools in a half hour radius?

Either you want games or you don't, can't be choosy at this point.

I see you haven't read my previous posts. I'll say it again. MEMPHIS HAS A GREAT 4 HOUR RADIUS that encompasses major cities and football hotbeads such as: Nashville, Little Rock, Jackson Miss, St. Louis, Huntsville, B-Ham, S. Panola, OB, Springfield, AR, etc. 

S. Pitt is 4 1/2 hrs drive from Memphis. It's closer than driving to Springfield Illinois like y'all did in 2013 and 20 min farther than driving to East St. Louis like y'all did in 2012. If you can get a home and home with them then I would take it. Don't think it will be to much of a game but you can't be picky this late in the scheduling year

The drive seems longer to me BUT if 2A S. Pitt is a viable game to the Administration, because I know S. Pitt have history, then sign it... Still, we could play Liberty Tech or Milan or Dresden if we were to go about that path... They ALL within  an hour/hour and a half.

Edited by BlackHavenSenator

The drive seems longer to me BUT if 2A S. Pitt is a viable game to the Administration, because I know S. Pitt have history, then sign it... Still, we could play Liberty Tech or Milan or Dresden if we were to go about that path... They ALL within  an hour/hour and a half.

Pay no attention to the South Pitt chatter. The Pirates have a tradition rich program, but they are still a 1A team, and you all would run them out of the stadium in the 1'st quarter. The 4.5 hour drive business is hokey too...a good four hours from here, and I'm two from The Haven.

Shoooooooottt, yeah, we ready

You know in all honesty I know the business. You guys would kill us. Depth and overall athleticism would be too much for us on an almost yearly basis. I am very proud of our tradition. 4 gold balls and 5 silver is the most in West TN all be it in a much lower division than you guys. No doubt you all are the big dawgs now. Much respect.

Pay no attention to the South Pitt chatter. The Pirates have a tradition rich program, but they are still a 1A team, and you all would run them out of the stadium in the 1'st quarter. The 4.5 hour drive business is hokey too...a good four hours from here, and I'm two from The Haven.

Like I said it wouldn't be much of a game. Neither would dresden, Milan, or liberty tech. Just stating that Whitehaven has traveled farther in the past for just an away game and not getting one in return. If SP and whitehaven wants to sign a home and home to get both teams schedules filled the it's an option atleast.

I don't know were you live in Tn but Memphis to south Pitt is 311 miles via I40 to 840 east through Columbia to I-24 east going south pass the boro and 4hrs and 33 min per Google maps. Maybe you just drive slow or with 2 feet lol

Southhaven then? West Memphis?

Who exactly are you calling out about not playing you? Those schools in a half hour radius?

Either you want games or you don't, can't be choosy at this point.

Bigchief:

You are right as it pertains to the up and coming season. We have to get games on the schedule. I don't know what the minimum is but I remember a season where I saw a team only have 9 regular season games. I don't know how that works, but I've seen it before.

However, we are also thinking future. That's what the current staff has to figure out. Let's work NOW in securing games in 2018 and beyond.