Whitehaven coach has schedule woes

CoachT

I would say you don't give them enough credit. Why do you say they are scared or won't do home and home? Can you confirm that Whitehaven reached out and they said no? If so then I'll agree with you but until then I think you severely underestimate them. I've already said how they are different than programs in Memphis but you just blow that off.

BHS thinks they are scared to play against Whitehaven. That's been his mantra for a while now. What I keep harping on is fairness. One year we play at your facility. The next year you play at ours. I know their place can handle the crowd. I know Whitehaven can handle the crowd. Why is that so difficult to do? Why is it whenever a game between Whitehaven and 'Insert Large Private School here' is mentioned it's always "Let's play it at a neutral site"? I have my suspicions about that. Just do it home and home. Now understand ... that's MY concern. I have no idea what is going on with the coach and whether or not he's talked to anyone at BA, MBA, or any other large private school. However, whenever I have this discussion on this forum that is always what is brought up ... neutral site. I think there are bigger issues to play every time that is thrown into the conversation. Why not just play at your place and next year play at ours? What is so dog gone difficult about that?

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Coaches and ADs are proving my point... I'm sure the student - athletes aren't scared.

What point have the coaches and ADs of BA and MBA (I'll even throw Ensworth and McCallie in there as well) proved...? They can't say no if they haven't been asked. So unless you can confirm that any of those schools have declined Whitehaven's offer for a home and home, then I stand by what I said: I do not believe they (players, coaches, and ADs) are afraid to do a home and home.

BHS thinks they are scared to play against Whitehaven. That's been his mantra for a while now. What I keep harping on is fairness. One year we play at your facility. The next year you play at ours. I know their place can handle the crowd. I know Whitehaven can handle the crowd. Why is that so difficult to do? Why is it whenever a game between Whitehaven and 'Insert Large Private School here' is mentioned it's always "Let's play it at a neutral site"? I have my suspicions about that. Just do it home and home. Now understand ... that's MY concern. I have no idea what is going on with the coach and whether or not he's talked to anyone at BA, MBA, or any other large private school. However, whenever I have this discussion on this forum that is always what is brought up ... neutral site. I think there are bigger issues to play every time that is thrown into the conversation. Why not just play at your place and next year play at ours? What is so dog gone difficult about that?

Completely agree with that. Neutral site games are dumb (my opinion) unless there are specific reasons (crowd,field conditions, etc.) for that to occur, which there is absolutely none of in this situation.

I would say you don't give them enough credit. Why do you say they are scared or won't do home and home? Can you confirm that Whitehaven reached out and they said no? If so then I'll agree with you but until then I think you severely underestimate them. I've already said how they are different than programs in Memphis but you just blow that off.

. I've already said how they are different than programs in Memphis but you just blow that off.

They aren't that different...

What point have the coaches and ADs of BA and MBA (I'll even throw Ensworth and McCallie in there as well) proved...? They can't say no if they haven't been asked. So unless you can confirm that any of those schools have declined Whitehaven's offer for a home and home, then I stand by what I said: I do not believe they (players, coaches, and ADs) are afraid to do a home and home.

If you can prove they haven't declined the offer say so and shut me up...

If you can prove they haven't declined the offer say so and shut me up...

I have already expressed that I am not close with either side, so how would I be able to confirm that? That's why I said this is all my opinion. You are close with the Whitehaven program so I thought you may have some info that I do not. You are too biased to have a reasonable conversation on his topic with so let's leave it at I have my opinion and you have yours, nothing wrong with that. I still enjoy your commentary about what is happening with the Whitehaven program since it is a topic I do not know too much about.

What's reasonable is that certain programs that u folks claim to be world beaters don't want to play Whitehaven without silly conditions like we didn't just win the 6A title... So, as I will keep saying, these folks scared, either of getting embarrassed on the field, which is a REAL possibility OR afraid of being shot at , which is FAKE. A coach from Southaven actually told me, a couple of seasons ago, they are afraid of the possibility of something tragic happening. I'm like, bruh, nothing happens at Whitehaven games when we are playing. So, as I said, Coaches and ADs showing their fear, REAL and FAKE. Come get these Ls

What's reasonable is that certain programs that u folks claim to be world beaters don't want to play Whitehaven without silly conditions like we didn't just win the 6A title... So, as I will keep saying, these folks scared, either of getting embarrassed on the field, which is a REAL possibility OR afraid of being shot at , which is FAKE. A coach from Southaven actually told me, a couple of seasons ago, they are afraid of the possibility of something tragic happening. I'm like, bruh, nothing happens at Whitehaven games when we are playing. So, as I said, Coaches and ADs showing their fear, REAL and FAKE. Come get these Ls

I never claimed them to be world beaters, don't put words in my mouth! I've said those programs are not afraid to do home and homes against stiff comptetiton, as proven by them playing those types of games the past few years. Are they afraid to go to Whitehaven? Maybe, I have no idea. But, in MY opinion, they aren't. Is it possible that maybe Whitehaven is the one who is scared to go get beat? Not saying that's the case at all, but it works both ways.

I never claimed them to be world beaters, don't put words in my mouth! I've said those programs are not afraid to do home and homes against stiff comptetiton, as proven by them playing those types of games the past few years. Are they afraid to go to Whitehaven? Maybe, I have no idea. But, in MY opinion, they aren't. Is it possible that maybe Whitehaven is the one who is scared to go get beat? Not saying that's the case at all, but it works both ways.

It doesn't work both ways... Whitehaven has went out of town with no promise of a return game in recent history... I've seen us be turned down for a game and be offered a scrimmage from Melrose AND MUS. I'm speaking from experience not just talking. SHG owes us a return game off general principle, they, like MBA, CBHS, etc afraid of something.

A Whitehaven vs Pearl-Cohn game sounds good until you (I) realize we playing 4-5 PC types in our own city. (EAST, Central, Ridgeway, Cordova and White Station are like PC)

That would actually be a good game plus halftime would be 🔥🔥. How our schedule is shaping up we should have played in D1 or D2. Smh we can't get anybody