Cheerleading

eglchic55

hey i have one question for you if cheerleaders are so smart did you pass ur permit test the first time you took it? I will not lie cheerleading is hard but as for teaching a person to throw a spiral in a day that might happen but not teaching them how to play football. it's a lot more complex than throwing a spiral. throwing a spiral is about equal to doing a toe touch and i can do both pretty easily.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not homosexual,Im a girl,and either way,its NOT a fair statement and you should be kicked off the board for it.Cheerleading has always been a popularity contest,and for those who dont veiw it that way,and who work their tails off really hard to be good at,and eat breath and sleep it like most athletes do,more power to ya.Ill agree,there is a stereotype for cheerleaders,but sometimes i think were better off without em,b/c in bball they can get in the way,and scream whenever a ball or ref comes within 10 feet of them.All im doin is statin my opinion,and to me,cheerleading is not a sport never has been never will be.and the competion thig.....dance,band and JROTC go to competetion,does this make them a sport?

basketball is not just about dribbling,Id like you to come to one of our basketball practices,for 2 hours,and run,10 in 1's,suicides,and do full court layup,4 min drill.......you WOULD not last,and youd also have to take a weight liftin class for an hour everyday 6th period,i dunno about football players,but i know theres more to it than just passing.consider what WE atheletes do,and what you,who CONSIDER yourself to be atheltes do.

Ok...I have cheered for 5 years so I know what I'm talkin bout...#1 the reason I cheer has NOTHING to do with popularity and friends, I do it cuz I love it which is the same reason you would play any sport #2 The whole thing about cheerleaders being dumb...2 words~straight A's #3 I know basketball and football are both very trying and you can't learn how to play in a day, but it has takin 5 years of hard work to get to where I want to be when it comes to tumbling, and I'm still working. :)

Well this is the last thing i am going to say on this subject. People can think whatever they want to think but i believe it is a sport. And to the quiz bowl guy get a life. and by the way you must not know much about tumbling because you can go ask any gymnastics coach if you can learn how to do a backhandspring and he will tell you no. I know bball is a diffcult sport b/c my brother plays college ball but all i was saying is most everyone can dribble a ball not many can tumle. but thanks again

Get a life? Uhh, yeah. I enjoy the one I have right now, actually. You don't know much about basketball, or reading comprehension, if you think I said it's easy to learn to tumble, or do a back handspring -- not that I had mentioned a back handspring at all, but I digress. I said it's as easy to learn how to tumble in a day as it is to learn how to throw a spiral in a day or to learn how to shoot a basketball in a day. Reading comprehension is a good thing. So are commas.

[Edited by Opperman on 11-20-02 6:11P]

perhaps the most bogus comment i've ever heard . . . . schools give their cheerleading scholarships to football players because they could care less about cheerleading . . . and no, it isn't a sport, it is a popularity thing, and i'd like to see some cheerleaders throw a football 60 yards, shoot a basketball and make it consistently, dunk a basketball . . . . the athletes who play basketball in the NBA are the best athletes in the world . . . cory meggate did a flip in a dunk contest then dunked the ball, i'm sure no one taught him how to do it either, he just did it

well. . .just to let you all know, I have been cheerleading for 6 years now. I have never had anything below an A on my report card. I just got inducted in to BETA Club. I am President of my class, Captain of our FCA, number 3 in my class, and guess what, quiz bowl guy, i was in quiz bowl in middle school, and i would be in high school, but our school doesn't have a team, so don't even go there. O yeah, one more thing, i can throw a spiral 60 yards.