2017 Class A State Tournament

Play 4 Fun

I think Clarkrange is in the best side of the bracket to advance.  Huntingdon will meet them in the semi's if they are as good as advertised.  Whoever wins that game with SG vs. PC will take the other side of the bracket.  Interesting that Clarkrange lost to Oneida in the regular season (I know, that was officially their worse possible game....right?).  Still if it plays into anyones head, Clarkrange beat PC three times I think, and SG torched Hampton every time they played them and Hampton beat Oneida by one in the same gym where Clarkrange didn't get it done.  Of course....previous scores don't mean a hill of beans because each game brings a new set of circumstances.  I am certain that Clarkrange has improved tremendously.....but SG has gotten it done all year and they are still rolling.  If I was betting cash.....I'd put all my money of the defending champs (South Greene) because they have ALL the players back that got them the Gold Ball last year.  Smart money has to be on them.

Kaza Khan

Cakewalk? Was Gibson County a cakewalk last year for South Green? We led most of the first half and was up with 1:30 left. Dresden played GC twice last year and we beat them twice in OT. Dresden lost hardly nothing from last years team and Huntingdon has three or four girls that are dominant forces in the paint. You might be in for a rude awakening.[/quote

Clarkrange vs SG finals

Just saying. I agree the Vegas odds are with South Green, Clarkrange and Pickett County. But it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Huntingdon or Dresden gets hot and wins it. Especially Huntingdon. Very good team. Just saying the Dresden team is about as good as last years GC team. And Huntingdon beat them three out of four and should have probably been four out of four.

ain't no way Dresden going to win it all...

I think Clarkrange is in the best side of the bracket to advance. Huntingdon will meet them in the semi's if they are as good as advertised. Whoever wins that game with SG vs. PC will take the other side of the bracket. Interesting that Clarkrange lost to Oneida in the regular season (I know, that was officially their worse possible game....right?). Still if it plays into anyones head, Clarkrange beat PC three times I think, and SG torched Hampton every time they played them and Hampton beat Oneida by one in the same gym where Clarkrange didn't get it done. Of course....previous scores don't mean a hill of beans because each game brings a new set of circumstances. I am certain that Clarkrange has improved tremendously.....but SG has gotten it done all year and they are still rolling. If I was betting cash.....I'd put all my money of the defending champs (South Greene) because they have ALL the players back that got them the Gold Ball last year. Smart money has to be on them.

Kaza Khan

Yup and Huntingdon needs to focus on Hampton as well. I don't think Hampton has even been mentioned. They are a very physical team with two very capable guards and a girl underneath who is well over 6 foot.

Shhhhhhhhhhh '82!

We're a cupcake...Just preparing to get walked on  :flower:

I agree.....Clarkrange did a fine job putting that loss in the rear view mirror, but you also have to remember here is how can you get beat by a team you beat by "50".  Heck, it may have just been the biggest motivator for C'range going forward....I would think it is.  I guess the point I was trying to get across is that South Greene is on a high level all the time.  In their 4 losses they were in those games, and they were against MUCH LARGER schools. (and very good programs)  In fact, although I didn;t check....aren't they all still playing in their respective divisions? (I'm pretty sure Mo West and Gat-Pitt are)  No team in the mix....just neutral observation.

Kazanity