2017 Class A State Tournament

Play 4 Fun

Your right.....they have only beat Clarkrange only 4 or maybe 5 times total.  I don't think they have played anywhere close to 60 or 70 games in their history.  Of course I am assuming you are trying to make your number as impressive as you can.  I don't argue in any point that CR has been dominant in the series (they have).  Still....something is in the water as of late because in the last two seasons the record is 2-2.  I'm not implying in any way CR isn't a excellent team (Duh, they are in the state tournament), I am saying they are beatable by numerous teams there or they would not have lost to such an inferior team. (we get it Oneida sucks....Buff's walk on water)(yada yada yada)  Fact remains.....they dropped one that (according to you) they never should have lost....!

Want another fact.....I would say they are thanking the heavens that PC has first crack at SG.  Of all the games on the slate....absolutely no one wanted South Green....!  Including CR

Ease up bro.....we all get the 7A "thing".....it is your earth and we are all just hanging in it.! :blush:

Kazzy :thumb:

Come on now man you know i have to stir the proverbial pot here!!!  haha  I agree on Clarkrange, they are a hot and cold team this year but at the same time I don't think the other teams on their side of the bracket have a shot to beat them and that's no disrespect to those teams but Meadows is just so imposing to girls that walk onto the court next to her for the first time.  She is a difference maker and she has help.  Their point guard is solid, they shoot and defend well so they are a formidable opponent for anyone including SG.  SG wanted no part of Pickett first game out, just like PC was hoping to get opposite them but like so  many other state tournaments i've seen,  the luck of the draw pits the two best teams against each other right out the gate.  Lets see who comes out on top!!! 

All the teams that made it are obviously good teams or wouldn't be where they are. Sure there are a couple teams with better records, star players, etc but its anyone's tournament to win. Even for the better teams it only takes one bad game to send you home. All the teams should be respected and let's all enjoy some good single A ball this week. Safe trip to everyone.

Hey all the teams that made it to the glass house have a lot to be proud of but some benefit from being in a weak area and thus make it based on location.  Upsets can happen no doubt but if all the teams play up to their potential then there are only 3 that have a shot at winning the Gold ball.  Safe travels to you and yours as well!

Just saying. I agree the Vegas odds are with South Green, Clarkrange and Pickett County. But it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Huntingdon or Dresden gets hot and wins it. Especially Huntingdon. Very good team. Just saying the Dresden team is about as good as last years GC team. And Huntingdon beat them three out of four and should have probably been four out of four.

Pioneer, I totally respect your opinion, but I just caught what you said about Dresden and comparing them to Gibson County from last year. I would agree they compare to Gibson County without last year's #4. She was a complete difference maker. Could take over a game whenever she wanted and could jump over most teams centers. She was the main reason GC defeated Middleton in the semi's. They could not slow her down. I will be pulling for Dresden, but they don't have a #4.

Pioneer, I totally respect your opinion, but I just caught what you said about Dresden and comparing them to Gibson County from last year. I would agree they compare to Gibson County without last year's #4. She was a complete difference maker. Could take over a game whenever she wanted and could jump over most teams centers. She was the main reason GC defeated Middleton in the semi's. They could not slow her down. I will be pulling for Dresden, but they don't have a #4.

Just saying we had major problems with Dresden last year. We were down 8 in regulation with a minute left and come back miraculously to beat them first time last year in OT. In the region championship, we beat them in OT and they had a shot to beat us in regulation and in OT. I agree we had Fields and Lannom and some more major help, but they give us all we wanted and have most back. Just saying these teams are not cakewalks like some think. Edited by pioneer42

Just saying we had major problems with Dresden last year. We were down 8 in regulation with a minute left and come back miraculously to beat them first time last year in OT. In the region championship, we beat them in OT and they had a shot to beat us in regulation and in OT. I agree we had Fields and Lannom and some more major help, but they give us all we wanted and have most back. Just saying these teams are not cakewalks like some think.

They are well coached and get the best out of their girls that is for sure! One of the most physical and defensively sound teams i have seen play. You earn every point with them!

It amazes me every year the West TN teams gets no respect year in and year out. We have two good representatives in A and AA. We will see what happens.

Not every year. Year before last I posted that Middleton would win it with everybody healthy, then their post tore her ACL at Christmas break...I then posted that I thought they could still win it even without her (everybody except GCPioneer thought that I was nuts), and they did. Year before that, UC was the team that I thought would win it, and they did. I'm not trying to seem like some guru, or that you should place bets based on my opinion, just showing that I, for one, give the west their due when I think they are capable. If a western team wins it this season, I'll be happy about it...but I'll be just as surprised as those east and middle fans will. Just keeping it real...no offense, and It's just an opinion.

Edited by tradertwo

Not every year. Year before last I posted that Middleton would win it with everybody healthy, then their post tore her ACL at Christmas break...I then posted that I thought they could still win it even without her (everybody except GCPioneer thought that I was nuts), and they did. Year before that, UC was the team that I thought would win it, and they did. I'm not trying to seem like some guru, or that you should place bets based on my opinion, just showing that I, for one, give the west their due when I think they are capable. If a western team wins it this season, I'll be happy about it...but I'll be just as surprised as those east and middle fans will. Just keeping it real...no offense, and It's just an opinion.

brother you are the guru in BigEdMo book.

Not every year. Year before last I posted that Middleton would win it with everybody healthy, then their post tore her ACL at Christmas break...I then posted that I thought they could still win it even without her (everybody except GCPioneer thought that I was nuts), and they did. Year before that, UC was the team that I thought would win it, and they did. I'm not trying to seem like some guru, or that you should place bets based on my opinion, just showing that I, for one, give the west their due when I think they are capable. If a western team wins it this season, I'll be happy about it...but I'll be just as surprised as those east and middle fans will. Just keeping it real...no offense, and It's just an opinion.

People with enough sense can see/tell if a team is good enough to win a state championship... it usually takes one stud player to win a state championship in Single A... this year, it's Clarkrange, Pickett, South Greene's to lose. Reality is, neither of the West teams match up well with the east teams. I'm not hating, just keeping it real. Dresden will be in a dogfight with Summertown. I do expect Huntingdon to beat Hampton, but Hampton has nice players as well with state tournament experience.

Quick word on Perry County - will be an underdog Thursday against Clarkrange, but have been the underdog for 3 weeks now. Avenged 3 earlier losses to Loretto and 2 to Forrest to earn their way here. They're tough, have big game experience, and Brooks is a tough matchup for anybody. If you can't stay in front of her it'll be a ballgame.

Quick word on Perry County - will be an underdog Thursday against Clarkrange, but have been the underdog for 3 weeks now. Avenged 3 earlier losses to Loretto and 2 to Forrest to earn their way here. They're tough, have big game experience, and Brooks is a tough matchup for anybody. If you can't stay in front of her it'll be a ballgame.

Clarkrange by 15. Meadows has 35 or more. Brooks will struggle with the slow pace and the matchup zone of Clarkrange!