2017 Class A State Tournament

Play 4 Fun

Clarkrange may win by 15 that's yet to be seen ? At this point it's all speculation. No doubt Perry Co is the underdog but they play pretty well that way and if they can't stay in front of Brooks she will go off again! She has over 100 points the last 3 games. Clarkrange is a very good team but no one has slowed down Brooks lately. She had 44 against a very good Forrest team.

Kind of nodded out for a bit and compose my thoughts.  I have no axe to grind or any ill will towards any team in the state tournament.  It was sort of humorous when posters are so quick to try to counter my observations.  My team didn't get there so regardless of who wins, I really don't particularly care much at all who wins the thing this year.  Some things will probably take place up there, because they usually do, that will surprise some people.  In some division there will be an upset in the first round because there usually is among the 12 first round games.  A player that few expect to shine on the big stage will make an impression on people, and usually a star shines brighter at this point.  All the teams earned the right to get here....some by the skin of their teeth.  You can bet they will all try to advance and keep playing.  There are some favorites and history shows they usually have gaudy records and play well as a group.  Their ability to play as a unit has led to their success.  The district your from does not enhance or detract from your ability to win.....the team's competitive fire burns in all of them.  Wish I could see them all this year.....there are some great match-ups....!

Kazulu

You know regarding pace of play....it has been my experience that it is much easier to get a team to play fast than it is to dictate a slower pace UNLESS your team has plenty of capable ball handlers.  If I want to get you at a faster tempo, I'm going to play you 94 feet tip-off to final horn.  Of course in Murfreesboro your going to have to have a very deep bench to make that happen because your going to need fresh legs throughout.  I remember Middleton vs. Clarkrange a few years ago and everyone said CR would play a very deliberate game and beat them.  By the time the smoke had cleared CR players looked like they were playing in quicksand....!  Middleton guards went by them so fast that the only thing that could have stopped them was a rim protector.  The only problem was...she was still getting back up the court.

Kaz

You know regarding pace of play....it has been my experience that it is much easier to get a team to play fast than it is to dictate a slower pace UNLESS your team has plenty of capable ball handlers. If I want to get you at a faster tempo, I'm going to play you 94 feet tip-off to final horn. Of course in Murfreesboro your going to have to have a very deep bench to make that happen because your going to need fresh legs throughout. I remember Middleton vs. Clarkrange a few years ago and everyone said CR would play a very deliberate game and beat them. By the time the smoke had cleared CR players looked like they were playing in quicksand....! Middleton guards went by them so fast that the only thing that could have stopped them was a rim protector. The only problem was...she was still getting back up the court.

Kaz

The last sentence was low.. and I don't appreciate it. Ugly comment toward a kid. You wouldn't say it to her dad's face you coward!

The last sentence was low.. and I don't appreciate it. Ugly comment toward a kid. You wouldn't say it to her dad's face you coward!

I think that maybe you overreacted. If you read his post objectively, he didn't make any derogatory remarks, just stated that the Middleton guards outran Clarkrange down the floor with them trying to slow the pace of the game. I don't appreciate anyone calling out a kid, but I didn't see that here...just used them as an example that because you'd prefer a slower pace, the other team has some say so about the matter.

First of all.....I don't recall saying any kid in this instance by name and you can make any assumption you want Daddio.....?  My post was exclusively regarding pace of play and not about individual players.  Sheesh, talk about thin skin.  I am quite certain that was no low blow to anyone, more as a reference point about the relentlessness of Middleton executing a game plan designed to speed the tempo.  If it doesn't offend you too much.....Middleton players made those defenders (all of them) look remarkably slow after they had wore on them for a half.  And I am absolutely certain that they made MANY teams look that way.  Funny thing is, whether he admitted it or not, Coach Rodgers would have probably agreed with me.  

You're probably calling more attention to my post than any intent on my part.  I'll try to steer clear of referencing an example I have seen before.  You would think I started your dumpster fire.....I been here for years and anyone that knows me will tell you I don't go low.  You read too much there Pal....!

Kazaoobob   

I think that maybe you overreacted. If you read his post objectively, he didn't make any derogatory remarks, just stated that the Middleton guards outran Clarkrange down the floor with them trying to slow the pace of the game. I don't appreciate anyone calling out a kid, but I didn't see that here...just used them as an example that because you'd prefer a slower pace, the other team has some say so about the matter.

Maybe so.. but I'm sure they can defend their self..

First of all.....I don't recall saying any kid in this instance by name and you can make any assumption you want Daddio.....? My post was exclusively regarding pace of play and not about individual players. Sheesh, talk about thin skin. I am quite certain that was no low blow to anyone, more as a reference point about the relentlessness of Middleton executing a game plan designed to speed the tempo. If it doesn't offend you too much.....Middleton players made those defenders (all of them) look remarkably slow after they had wore on them for a half. And I am absolutely certain that they made MANY teams look that way. Funny thing is, whether he admitted it or not, Coach Rodgers would have probably agreed with me.

You're probably calling more attention to my post than any intent on my part. I'll try to steer clear of referencing an example I have seen before. You would think I started your dumpster fire.....I been here for years and anyone that knows me will tell you I don't go low. You read too much there Pal....!

Kazaoobob

We aren't pals..the rim protector comment wasn't directed toward a lid over the goal..it was toward a kid who you're calling slow. And had you actually been at the game.. it was a heckuva game which was neck and neck all game long and fouling on Clarkrange's part put Middleton on the line. They made there free throws. They were the better team. But they didn't run them off the floor.. Edited by BigDaddy_1