Harriman plays Mitchell in round one of the Class A State Tournament

Hey lets meet up.at the arena before the game.

You know, we were going to meet up in 2015 and again in 2016 and it never happened...Sure hate that!

After a quick word in 2014, I looked forward to talking to you again.

I've never mentioned this, but your coaches met with me at the hotel after our 2014 game (maybe you were with them, can't remember) and they pointed out a weakness they saw (and went after) in my then sophomore's game...Some parents may have been offended by that...I appreciated it and he worked to strengthen it...And did so.

MM was and is a class act on the floor and and on the bench.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are officially one day away!!! The wait is almost over! Can't wait to watch some excellent basketball come Thursday!! GO BIG BLUE!!! Let's get the boards more active!! The state tournament officially starts today and hardly anybody is talking about any of the games for any classification! I don't see why there's so little talk about these three tournaments? I'm so excited I can hardly stand it!!! I know 12thMan is with me but what about the rest of the CoachT faithful?! Where are you at?! Let's heat the boards up and get the talk going!!! The state tournament is finally here!!!

Harriman seems to be playing good ball at the right time. I just hope they can keep it up for three more games.

Enjoy fellers!! I can't wait to get back to the boro

Playing with MM takes a will, grit and athleticism few teams have....Beating MM is an apparent huge mountain to climb for any 1A team.... especially after round 1.

Harriman's advantage is getting to play them in round one IMHO.

You guys have a legitimate shot! Mitchell may win it all but i stick by my opinion that this is the year to knock them off. They are great defensively but do not have the offensive explosiveness as the past. Extremely disciplined and very well coached! Good luck to both teams!

Thanks TCA!!! The closer we get to tomorrow the more confident I am that we can truly pull off the upset against "The Dynasty"! Most aren't giving us a shot but those that truly know what this Harriman team is all about knows just how dangerous the Big Blue can be!! We are ready to roll and we're ready to #ShockTheState the time is now!! GO BIG BLUE!!!

You must have 3 prolific ballhandlers to compete with them or the Booker T's of the past. Same for Humboldt. You won't beat Humboldt without three really experienced ballhandlers. We played Mitchell closer than anyone in the 2015 post season losing in the Regional finals. We had 3 ballhandlers but they had 3 D1 guards! We led at half but you just knew they were going to turn it on and they did! Don't overlook Mitchell's post play either. They will be a terror on the offensive glass. You must box out every single play or they will burn you bad! Good luck!

The long awaited day we've all been waiting for is just minutes away! The 6 o'clock game can't get here fast enough!! I'm ecstatic to watch my Blue Devils take on and pull an opening round upset over the three time defending state champs, the Mitchell Tigers!! There's nothing better than tournament time!!! Good luck to everybody tomorrow!! This is the chance to make history and this is where legends are made!!! IT'S MARCH MADNESS BABY!!!

The long awaited day we've all been waiting for is just minutes away! The 6 o'clock game can't get here fast enough!! I'm ecstatic to watch my Blue Devils take on and pull an opening round upset over the three time defending state champs, the Mitchell Tigers!! There's nothing better than tournament time!!! Good luck to everybody tomorrow!! This is the chance to make history and this is where legends are made!!! IT'S MARCH MADNESS BABY!!!

if you can keep us posted on how the game goes tonight. Good luck

We'll be rooting for you in Knoxville! We'd love to see the impossible 5th go-around. Hopefully, we'll pull off an upset (that's what everyone is saying it will be....don't anyone get their panties in a wad!) and then root for our Dist 3 brethren. Good luck!!!

We'll be rooting for you in Knoxville! We'd love to see the impossible 5th go-around. Hopefully, we'll pull off an upset (that's what everyone is saying it will be....don't anyone get their panties in a wad!) and then root for our Dist 3 brethren. Good luck!!!

a 5th go around would be absolutely insane. Good luck today Rams. Been a heck of a year for both teams. Made it to the big dance, why not see if you can stay a little while!

I'll be pulling for Harriman in this one. It's always good to see one of our local guys from Giles County succeed. I remember watching Shay Shannon when he played for Giles County. Too bad injuries hindered him in college. He was a great shooter and was a big reason we won State back in 2003. In attending the state tournament for 20+ years, I'm not sure I've ever seen as many fans show up for a team as we had when we played Ridgeway for the championship. Man that was fun!