Harriman plays Mitchell in round one of the Class A State Tournament

I'll be pulling for Harriman in this one. It's always good to see one of our local guys from Giles County succeed. I remember watching Shay Shannon when he played for Giles County. Too bad injuries hindered him in college. He was a great shooter and was a big reason we won State back in 2003. In attending the state tournament for 20+ years, I'm not sure I've ever seen as many fans show up for a team as we had when we played Ridgeway for the championship. Man that was fun!

He's still a heck of a shooter playing pickup LOL. Appreciate the support. He's doing a good job with this group of kids. He fell just short of knocking off a GOOD Meigs team in the region semis in a year where he was a late hire and didn't get any summer work with the kids which is a big deal. I like what we've got with him and he's got nothing to lose today against multi time defending state champions Mitchell

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be pulling for Harriman in this one. It's always good to see one of our local guys from Giles County succeed. I remember watching Shay Shannon when he played for Giles County. Too bad injuries hindered him in college. He was a great shooter and was a big reason we won State back in 2003. In attending the state tournament for 20+ years, I'm not sure I've ever seen as many fans show up for a team as we had when we played Ridgeway for the championship. Man that was fun!

Was he the guy who made the shot against Bolivar in the sectional game

Don't really have one. I wish them all the best of luck. My opinion is totally unbiased, it's only my opinion, you don't have to agree. We shall see the outcome soon enough. Best of luck to whomever you support

I'd just like to know what you're basing your information off of. Harriman is every bit capable of sending Mitchell home tonight!

Tevin on had 3 points that game and was pulled early a.d replaced by Lee. If Echols had played he would have made a tremendous. Anyway that game was 2 years ago and as I have always said TCA away from home was an average team to me. Guards win games and Memphis guards gave them problems unless they were at home. This season TCA had more size than anyone we faced but had no guards and it showed. BTW miss ubat state this year.

Tevin on had 3 points that game and was pulled early a.d replaced by Lee. If Echols had played he would have made a tremendous. Anyway that game was 2 years ago and as I have always said TCA away from home was an average team to me. Guards win games and Memphis guards gave them problems unless they were at home. This season TCA had more size than anyone we faced but had no guards and it showed. BTW miss ubat state this year.

Average? Not hardly! This year they weren't even average but in the prior years you were wrong. I went to Mboro every year from 2012-2016 and the only teams up there that were better were the ones that beat them in the Regional finals and substate. We lost to state champion or runnerup every year during that 4 year run. No shame in that.

Edited by TCAIntense