2017 D1 Players from West Tennessee

justdunkit

3 hours ago, ZEBRA35 said:

Moral victory for the Lady Pioneers. One of the worst officiated games this year on both sides. 

I don't think any of the Wilkins bunch settles for moral victory's. I thought there was some tough calls both ways, but that's every game. Gibson had a chance to tie it with seconds on the clock, and missed the wide open look.

Huntingdon is good, but can be beaten by any of the good west TN Single A teams.... the region tournament will be fun to watch!

8 hours ago, ZEBRA35 said:

Gibson Co has their hands full with Gleason Dresden TCA and Greenfield. Huntingdon has to go to Summertown and battle it out down that way. Good luck rest of the season Lady Pioneers. I think you are a year away with lots of sophomores and juniors this year

Every Single A team in West TN has their hands full... will be no easy wins come tournament time. 

• Like 1

Attended Jackson Sun -  Game of the Week, Greenfield 65 Dresden 42, Again came away impressed with Chloe Moore! She had 28 points on all kinds of shots. When this team gets hot i don't see many that can play with them. Tess Darby had a slow night with 10 points, but #3 Little was hot from behind the line and had a big game ( 15 ). Dresden is well coached, but looked a step slow compared to Greenfield. Over the next two and a half seasons Greenfield may well have two players in the running for Miss Basketball.

On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 7:29 PM, ZEBRA35 said:

Moral victory for the Lady Pioneers. One of the worst officiated games this year on both sides. 

Wow , were you not busting on everyone for asking for better officials with $5 dollar whistles?  Welcome to the fold. Its ok we are a forgiving group.

Edited by DCDadCoachFan
misspelled word

On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 0:38 PM, cradle2thegravelakersfan said:

Attended Jackson Sun -  Game of the Week, Greenfield 65 Dresden 42, Again came away impressed with Chloe Moore! She had 28 points on all kinds of shots. When this team gets hot i don't see many that can play with them. Tess Darby had a slow night with 10 points, but #3 Little was hot from behind the line and had a big game ( 15 ). Dresden is well coached, but looked a step slow compared to Greenfield. Over the next two and a half seasons Greenfield may well have two players in the running for Miss Basketball.

I think you are right when Greenfield is clicking on all cylinders like the game at Huntingdon they are the best team in Class A in the state. Greenfield will have the two best players on the court each night whoever they play in Chloe and Tess and they have other girls who can play as well. 

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 8:57 AM, ZEBRA35 said:

Tess Darby is the best player in Single A in West TN. Dont know about other girls across the state

Darby is a really good player but I would say the point guard Moore has a slight if even measurable edge in my book. She just controls the game and can do what ever is needed. Together they are so special and so fun to watch.

2 hours ago, ZEBRA35 said:

Darby is a much better shooter, scorer, and rebounder. Moore does a good job of running the show. Very good 1-2 combo

Zebra35, Moore is Greenfield's leading scorer this season, so far. Being the point guard, she doesn't shoot as much as Darby, but she's very efficient at what she does. In a recent Jax sun article even the Greenfield coach mentions how Darby has to be " set up ". This is why Moore is so important to Greenfield b/c without her they're back to what they were the year before she arrived. A team of spot-up shooters that are better than average, but not likely to advance during the post season. I give Moore the nod also because she makes everyone around her better. Darby will score 30 with zero assists while Moore can create her own shot while also creating shots for her teammates too. This is what makes them so awesome together. Moore controls the game tempo and scores or draws in defenders with penetration, then kicks it to a spotted-up Darby ready to drain a big three! Best scoring duo in West Tn!