Clay Co. vs Harriman Single A State Championship

Shozen

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a game!!! Congrats to Harriman on winning the gold.

Congrats to Clay Co. for beating all the odds! Everyone kept saying how they should be here... they couldn't get past first round, proved everyone wrong.... then surely that was a fluke and GCA will kill them, proved everyone wrong. They played one of the closest championship games I have seen from start to finish... they fell 1 point short to a great Harriman team. They have so much to be proud of!

It is amazing. I do believe dogtruth was right about 1983. It makes sense, though. He was the best player, but Harriman was the best team, at least tonight.

You all wouldn't question the "truth" would you. LOL. I was actually at that game in 83 but as a sixth grader who was a huge fan. Everyone was talking about Leon winning MVP from the losing team.

You all wouldn't question the "truth" would you. LOL. I was actually at that game in 83 but as a sixth grader who was a huge fan. Everyone was talking about Leon winning MVP from the losing team.

I don't doubt the truth. 😀 I was a bit too young (3rd grade) for that one, but heard about it so many times. I do also still remember that feeling after we blew it against Alcoa in the semis in 1992.

Been fun this week.(daddy key).😆The kids a player!He will be fine at the next level!

Why hasn't bigger schools come calling on him? I've watched a lot of college basketball and he's better than most I have seen in the SEC. I mean maybe JJ Frazier from GA comes to mind but my word! He shoots better than anybody I have seen. Does he have the 1A stigma hanging over him or what? Coaches and recruiters are missing out big time!

Hats off to both teams!

How in the world do you not have the ball in Key's hands on every possession down the stretch? Not a knock on Harriman but they didn't stop him all night as no one has. If anything he should have been more selfish especially last 3 minutes? He could've had 50 easily.

Hats off to both teams!

How in the world do you not have the ball in Key's hands on every possession down the stretch? Not a knock on Harriman but they didn't stop him all night as no one has. If anything he should have been more selfish especially last 3 minutes? He could've had 50 easily.

I've said on here more than once that the only weak part of his game. He's too unselfish! Congrats to a very good Harriman team,

Why hasn't bigger schools come calling on him? I've watched a lot of college basketball and he's better than most I have seen in the SEC. I mean maybe JJ Frazier from GA comes to mind but my word! He shoots better than anybody I have seen. Does he have the 1A stigma hanging over him or what? Coaches and recruiters are missing out big time!

That was the quietest 40 points I've ever seen.Just a smooth player.I agree some bigger schools will be knocking before long. Edited by orngnblk