Former principal alleges academic scandal, corruption at Trezevant

CoachT

4 hours ago, willie2888 said:

I wouldn't call them losers either. I will say they learned lessons that they an draw from later in life. The actual loser in this and I hate to say it is Shelby County Schools. If you want to point a finger please point it there and not at Trezevant nor Teli White.

Could you please explain how you "point the finger" at SCS and "not at Trezevant nor Teli White"??? Teli represented the SCS at Trezevant, and it appears that he was at least aware of, if not directly responsible for changing his players grades for them to be eligible to compete.

If Jim Jones had started his cult at Memphis there wouldn't be anyone left there the way you poor, misguided, gullible, brainwashed supporters  of Trez and Teli blindly ignore what was done and to whom. The kids at Waverly and TCA who lost in the semi's (as well as the schools in Trez's region) had their fair chance taken from them, but they'll recover and be fine...the players that missed out on their education at Trezevant High will not. You can defend the man and sing his praises all that you like... in order to make himself look good, he took something from your children that they will never have the opportunity to get back,

1 hour ago, tradertwo said:

Could you please explain how you "point the finger" at SCS and "not at Trezevant nor Teli White"??? Teli represented the SCS at Trezevant, and it appears that he was at least aware of, if not directly responsible for changing his players grades for them to be eligible to compete.

If Jim Jones had started his cult at Memphis there wouldn't be anyone left there the way you poor, misguided, gullible, brainwashed supporters  of Trez and Teli blindly ignore what was done and to whom. The kids at Waverly and TCA who lost in the semi's (as well as the schools in Trez's region) had their fair chance taken from them, but they'll recover and be fine...the players that missed out on their education at Trezevant High will not. You can defend the man and sing his praises all that you like... in order to make himself look good, he took something from your children that they will never have the opportunity to get back,

I am a supporter of Trezevant because I come from there. I know what goes on there and it is not unique to Trezevant. I point the finger at SCS because I know thats where the finger needs to be pointed. If you read the article correctly it states that Mrs. Quinn says that Teli asked her to change grades for his classes as well as other teachers for their classes. This is bigger than the football team this is a systemwide problem. If you noticed the interveiws there were other schools besides Trezevant were teachers came foward and admitted to grading changes. Teachers are trying to keep their jobs in a climate where some students are not motivated to learn. I apologize to all who may be offended by whats going on here because I am ashamed myself.But I am not poor, misguided, brainwashed, nor gullible. I love my school and will continue too and I really can care less about what others may say because all you care about is football and the fair chance the other teams had taken from them. If those boys were good enough to win they would have won but they didnt. Noone had a problem with Trezevant when we were coming to the state getting our tales handed to us. Those teams that played Trezevant need to learn a lesson from this also. LIFE IS NOT FAIR!!! I promise you the boys from Trezevant learned this lesson early on in life unfortuntely but they deal with it the best they can. So to all who wish to strip Trezevant of the trophies go right ahead. But its one thing for sure and two things for certain I watched those games and the best team won. 

5 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

If Teli White is such a great man, why did he not do anything to change the system or the culture at Trezvant? Instead, he decided to be an active participant in a grade changing scandel.

When did I call him a great man but You will have to ask him why he didnt fight the system. I guess he couldnt afford to pull a Kaepernick you see where going against the system got him.

18 minutes ago, willie2888 said:

I am a supporter of Trezevant because I come from there. I know what goes on there and it is not unique to Trezevant. I point the finger at SCS because I know thats where the finger needs to be pointed. If you read the article correctly it states that Mrs. Quinn says that Teli asked her to change grades for his classes as well as other teachers for their classes. This is bigger than the football team this is a systemwide problem. If you noticed the interveiws there were other schools besides Trezevant were teachers came foward and admitted to grading changes. Teachers are trying to keep their jobs in a climate where some students are not motivated to learn. I apologize to all who may be offended by whats going on here because I am ashamed myself.But I am not poor, misguided, brainwashed, nor gullible. I love my school and will continue too and I really can care less about what others may say because all you care about is football and the fair chance the other teams had taken from them. If those boys were good enough to win they would have won but they didnt. Noone had a problem with Trezevant when we were coming to the state getting our tales handed to us. Those teams that played Trezevant need to learn a lesson from this also. LIFE IS NOT FAIR!!! I promise you the boys from Trezevant learned this lesson early on in life unfortuntely but they deal with it the best they can. So to all who wish to strip Trezevant of the trophies go right ahead. But its one thing for sure and two things for certain I watched those games and the best team won. 

So wrong in your thinking. Teli could have been the one to say no son you did not pass you do not play. At some point in life those young men will be told no and I pray it is not in a situation that could have  been avoided. And as far as getting beat by those boys. That's where you are way off. I have no problem loosing to better teams. But I do not point fingers at other things. Here is one I have never talked about. Had our Mr Football that year did not get hurt the week before it could have and would have been a different game. Even the other players raised their game with him in. It was a blow to the kids knowing their leader was not playing. But you know what, I never said that was the reason we lost. Our boys learned to play through adversity and that will carry over in real life. What did your boys learn in their victory? Now you can toot your horn about how y'all beat everyone. But Trader for one could tell you it would have been something different had we been fully loaded. But again you won. If that does it for you by all means soak it up. I am looking a lot further off the field. 

3 hours ago, willie2888 said:

Before you continue to label me, I'd like for you to access my posts on this subject. Football, and the unfairness of those games to their opponents are now and have always been the LEAST of my criticisms. The kids who "coasted" through classes while knowing that passing grades were coming to them whether they earned them or not are the victims here, and I have always said so.

You say that you support Trezevant because you are from there, and later use the excuse that teachers are trying to keep their jobs in an environment where students are not motivated to learn. If you love your school the way that I love mine, you should not wish to protect the people responsible for creating the negative environment by passing out grades not earned, you should be demanding answers from the administration as to why those teachers were not meeting their standards. Teli may not be the only one guilty of changing grades, but he was the only one who stood to gain a state championship from it. 

You say that the Trez kids learned early on that life isn't fair...they also learned that their football coach thinks that it's ok to lie and cheat, as long as you get what you want in the end, and that when "caught", it's fine to blame someone else in order not to face the consequences. 

Before you respond, look back at my posts and tell me again how all I care about is football.

• Upvote 1

On 8/5/2017 at 3:41 PM, tradertwo said:

Wack assessment

41 minutes ago, BlackHavenSenator said:

Aye, Trezevant was better than ALL the other teams in 2A the last 2 years and there is NOTHING that can be said or done to take that away from all those that participated (Players, coaches, etc) in those WINS but it is quite entertaining watching you people try to take away their credit LOL

You do understand that being a STUDENT athlete includes MAKING THE GRADES right? So if the most talented players on a team can't make the grades they can't play. That's why they have RULES. Otherwise no athlete would ever go to class. They could just workout all day like the NFL. So if there were players on the field for Trez or ANYBODY else that could not or did not make the GRADES they weren't eligible. Making any game they played in a forfeit. You can CRY about the "haters" but in the end you just look like part of the problem.

Just now, buckeyeball said:

You do understand that being a STUDENT athlete includes MAKING THE GRADES right? So if the most talented players on a team can't make the grades they can't play. That's why they have RULES. Otherwise no athlete would ever go to class. They could just workout all day like the NFL. So if there were players on the field for Trez or ANYBODY else that could not or did not make the GRADES they weren't eligible. Making any game they played in a forfeit. You can CRY about the "haters" but in the end you just look like part of the problem.

You don't know who may have not had the grades to speak with the certainty in which you speak. There's no proof that anyone on the State Title teams did NOT have the grades to play and were ineligible soooooooooooooooooooo ENJOY them Ls that T-High passed out. Bask in the glory of those North Memphis kids being the BEST in the State in FOOTBALL.

1 hour ago, BlackHavenSenator said:

You don't know who may have not had the grades to speak with the certainty in which you speak. There's no proof that anyone on the State Title teams did NOT have the grades to play and were ineligible soooooooooooooooooooo ENJOY them Ls that T-High passed out. Bask in the glory of those North Memphis kids being the BEST in the State in FOOTBALL.

Thats's all I'm saying everyone ####-U-ME that it was the football team Teli changed grades for. He was a teacher also.

2 hours ago, willie2888 said:

Thats's all I'm saying everyone ####-U-ME that it was the football team Teli changed grades for. He was a teacher also.

Umm!  Then he shouldn't be anymore!  How many kids did trez send to th next level? Most schools factor in th grades when considering kids for college sports!  

6 hours ago, Lacesout said:

Umm!  Then he shouldn't be anymore!  How many kids did trez send to th next level? Most schools factor in th grades when considering kids for college sports!  

Maybe he shouldn't but thats not for me to decide. If you want to say that he doesnt deserve a job because he changed grades you will shut down the school system here because there wouldnt be many teachers. So sorry but not sorry. 

6 hours ago, Lacesout said: