Former principal alleges academic scandal, corruption at Trezevant

CoachT

22 minutes ago, Tnfootball1234 said:

He played in the adasmvillle game and didn't vs Trezevant. Regardless enjoy your sub 500 year 

Your the expert. We can tell by your facts.  And we may be sub 500 but it's not because of what you think you know. 

Edited by BigEdMo

10 hours ago, Tnfootball1234 said:

TCA most likely would have lost the semi finals game to whoever would have took trezevant spot. Goldsmith was hurt in adamsville game and would not have played and he was 90% of there offense. 

You are wrong. Goldsmith destroyed Adamsville and was injured against McKenzie because of a crap playing surface. If yoy want to be Mr Know It All, get your facts straight

1 hour ago, BigEdMo said:

Also cleared by the clearing house means nothing. If it bogus grades and I will go as far to say even having people take the act for them proves nothing. Once in school tutors carry the load for players. Been there and done that myself. And as far as which player? Why would they need to change the back up punters grades. It affects nothing. So I am betting it was high profile players. And also about the school system it is Sad. I hate for all kids there. That is one reason I left Memphis myself. And the high horse comment. Last year you kept saying the allegations were false and the truth would come out. It is coming out now and it is a different tune. What really needs to happen if Teli White is such a great man and great for the kids. He needs to stand up now and show these kids what is to be a man and tell the truth. 

I'm sure I said that Teli didnt change grades because he wouldnt have access. Mrs Quinn wasnt talking so with the info I had to go on then I formed a conclusion. Also I denied Teli changed enrollment numbers because once again he doesnt report numbers. Teli is a good man who is in a crazy system. This doesnt invalidate the role he has played in these kids lives over the last ten years. No Way!! Reminds me of Hugh Freeze, everyone is mad that he was cheating because Ole Miss wasnt supposed to win. They werent supposed to beat Alabama as long as you are losing its fine but when you mess around and go to the Ship 4 times and win 2 people come looking.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, willie2888 said:

I'm sure I said that Teli didnt change grades because he wouldnt have access. Mrs Quinn wasnt talking so with the info I had to go on then I formed a conclusion. Also I denied Teli changed enrollment numbers because once again he doesnt report numbers. Teli is a good man who is in a crazy system. This doesnt invalidate the role he has played in these kids lives over the last ten years. No Way!! Reminds me of Hugh Freeze, everyone is mad that he was cheating because Ole Miss wasnt supposed to win. They werent supposed to beat Alabama as long as you are losing its fine but when you mess around and go to the Ship 4 times and win 2 people come looking.

I don't think anyone  'came looking'  Willie.   It may just be the principal that was hired was doing his job the right way.

2 hours ago, willie2888 said:

Good research but he's had 10 years to learn.

Willie:

How are things over at Treazevant now? Have they scrimmaged anybody yet? I'm really interested to see how they look. I know Teli has his own way of running a team and his influence will be there for a while. This is going to be an interesting year for T high.

6 hours ago, willie2888 said:

Is it "fine" with the parents and fans that the kids didn't receive the education that the taxpayers paid for? Is it "fine" with the teams that Trez beat in the playoffs, who worked for their chance to be there and were denied because the "better" team played with players that shouldn't have been there? Is it "fine" with the Memphis fans, just because they won...even though the adults involved mortgaged the athlete's futures just to make themselves look good?

If these things are fine with you, don't bother to use the "you don't understand the circumstances these kids come from" excuse, because situations like this set every bad example in the book. Misdirecting blame, cheating, misrepresenting and falsifying facts (and grades) are bad enough... neglecting to educate even one of those kids could (and will) impact his life forever. 

Sports are intended to enhance the development of the students and connect the school with the community, not to use and discard illiterate graduates into the community.

Edited by tradertwo
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, kwc said:

Willie:

How are things over at Treazevant now? Have they scrimmaged anybody yet? I'm really interested to see how they look. I know Teli has his own way of running a team and his influence will be there for a while. This is going to be an interesting year for T high.

It will be very intersting this year. There is plenty of talent my only concern is the non-divison games might be a little strong for this year with all of the turmoil. But that may help in the playoffs though. They have you guys, plus Laussanne and East. Then they travel to Ensworth and Lexington. All of them after opening with Harding so it will be a tough year record wise but will be eager to see what happens in the postseason.

I've been reading this since it first came out. I have no connection to west tn football so I've been just reading the articles and posts. I don't have much of an opinion either way and I will admit that the opinion I do have is not as informed as I would like. However if any of the allegations are true I have two conclusions. First and foremost I hate it for all of the kids involved. I hate it for the trezvant kids that might not have gotten the education that they deserve and need for their futures. Unfortunately for them they may have been taught the wrong life lessons. If the allegations are true I hate it for every team that stepped foot on the same field if the other team did everything the right ethical way.

My other conclusion is that if the allegations are true the TSSAA needs to look at their protocol for investigation. Simply taking a schools word for it or even a systems word for it is not being thorough. This may could have been handled much sooner and impacted less individuals if the job of investigating had been done correctly the first time.

I know I typed a lot of ifs and mays but that is because I don't know the facts just the allegations. Take it for what it is. I really hope that nothing unethical was done but it does not look very good.

• Upvote 1