Former principal alleges academic scandal, corruption at Trezevant

CoachT

10 hours ago, BlackHavenSenator said:

Aye, Trezevant was better than ALL the other teams in 2A the last 2 years and there is NOTHING that can be said or done to take that away from all those that participated (Players, coaches, etc) in those WINS but it is quite entertaining watching you people try to take away their credit LOL

I've been accused of making this "all about football" Senator, yet I have noticed that the wins vs. losses are all that you mention on this topic. When Trez had their meltdown in the championship game several years back however, you were quick to use the argument that it had to be factored in the environment that these kids came from...why don't you use some of your influence (I've gathered that you have some) to change that atmosphere? Kids from inner city Memphis who are gifted enough to play at the next level (and there are several), deserve to be prepared to take full advantage of the schooling that football paved the way for them to have, not to mention the ones that don't have the skill set to be offered. Education is the ticket to a better life for ALL KIDS, especially those from the background that you used to defend their actions against Greeneville.

Whitehaven seems to do a good job of sending kids on to school without these problems, so I can't figure why you defend Coach White for not putting the same effort into prepping his players to go forth and do well OFF the football field, instead of sacrificing their education so they can win for him on the field.

On 8/5/2017 at 8:59 PM, tradertwo said:

Before you continue to label me, I'd like for you to access my posts on this subject. Football, and the unfairness of those games to their opponents are now and have always been the LEAST of my criticisms. The kids who "coasted" through classes while knowing that passing grades were coming to them whether they earned them or not are the victims here, and I have always said so.

You say that you support Trezevant because you are from there, and later use the excuse that teachers are trying to keep their jobs in an environment where students are not motivated to learn. If you love your school the way that I love mine, you should not wish to protect the people responsible for creating the negative environment by passing out grades not earned, you should be demanding answers from the administration as to why those teachers were not meeting their standards. Teli may not be the only one guilty of changing grades, but he was the only one who stood to gain a state championship from it. 

You say that the Trez kids learned early on that life isn't fair...they also learned that their football coach thinks that it's ok to lie and cheat, as long as you get what you want in the end, and that when "caught", it's fine to blame someone else in order not to face the consequences. 

Before you respond, look back at my posts and tell me again how all I care about is football.

I didnt label you I told you what you care about. Now you on the other hand did label me poor, misguided, gullible, and brainwashed in witch I am neither. To address your point of fairness its one thing I've found out in life about the word "FAIR" thats a place where they judge pigs, ride the ferris wheel, and eat funnel cakes. Fair is a place we go to.

1 minute ago, willie2888 said:

I didnt label you I told you what you care about. Now you on the other hand did label me poor, misguided, gullible, and brainwashed in witch I am neither. To address your point of fairness its one thing I've found out in life about the word "FAIR" thats a place where they judge pigs, ride the ferris wheel, and eat funnel cakes. Fair is a place we go to.

You dodged the point...FAIR to the kids, means educating them as your job dictates. Did you research my content to see whether or not I'm "all about football"?

2 hours ago, tradertwo said:

I've been accused of making this "all about football" Senator, yet I have noticed that the wins vs. losses are all that you mention on this topic. When Trez had their meltdown in the championship game several years back however, you were quick to use the argument that it had to be factored in the environment that these kids came from...why don't you use some of your influence (I've gathered that you have some) to change that atmosphere? Kids from inner city Memphis who are gifted enough to play at the next level (and there are several), deserve to be prepared to take full advantage of the schooling that football paved the way for them to have, not to mention the ones that don't have the skill set to be offered. Education is the ticket to a better life for ALL KIDS, especially those from the background that you used to defend their actions against Greeneville.

Whitehaven seems to do a good job of sending kids on to school without these problems, so I can't figure why you defend Coach White for not putting the same effort into prepping his players to go forth and do well OFF the football field, instead of sacrificing their education so they can win for him on the field.

I hate that I wasn't on here when Trezevant lost to Greeneville because I'm sure yall took every chance you could to bash and make up stuff on them. That was good though because you seen what happened. No matter what the outcome of this investigtion Trezevant will be back. As for the kids at the school unfortunately the system is flawed and I agree they are being crippled going into a rough world with a subpar education but once again many of them kids make it to the next level because of their football abilities. Even though I know for a fact Cordarrian Richardson's grades werent changed it would be a travesty if that kid couldnt go to college because of some standardized test somebody came up with that doesnt know the kid. Yall can say you are concerned about the education of the kids but its all rooted in them beating you on the field. I don't hear you asking about Raleigh Egypt, Craigmont, Fairley, Douglass,Hillcrest,Manassas,Melrose,Westwood,Oakhaven,Hamilton,Frayser, nor BTW. So be just as concerned about Trezevant's education as you are about these schools. I know the system is flawed thats why my son attends Lausanne but hey I still love the Bears because I know every kid isnt going to make it out of North Memphis out of experience but what I've also seen is football used as a lifejacket out and into a better life. So hey just be glad that Trezevant is in 3A now where we will be humbled this year during the storm but let me tell yall a little secret They will be back during the next reclassification period because their is a new high school being built in Millington that will take the extra kids back away from Trezevant. I will be chearing for Waverly and Marion in the meantime.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, willie2888 said:

I hate that I wasn't on here when Trezevant lost to Greeneville because I'm sure yall took every chance you could to bash and make up stuff on them. That was good though because you seen what happened. No matter what the outcome of this investigtion Trezevant will be back. As for the kids at the school unfortunately the system is flawed and I agree they are being crippled going into a rough world with a subpar education but once again many of them kids make it to the next level because of their football abilities. Even though I know for a fact Cordarrian Richardson's grades werent changed it would be a travesty if that kid couldnt go to college because of some standardized test somebody came up with that doesnt know the kid. Yall can say you are concerned about the education of the kids but its all rooted in them beating you on the field. I don't hear you asking about Raleigh Egypt, Craigmont, Fairley, Douglass,Hillcrest,Manassas,Melrose,Westwood,Oakhaven,Hamilton,Frayser, nor BTW. So be just as concerned about Trezevant's education as you are about these schools. I know the system is flawed thats why my son attends Lausanne but hey I still love the Bears because I know every kid isnt going to make it out of North Memphis out of experience but what I've also seen is football used as a lifejacket out and into a better life. So hey just be glad that Trezevant is in 3A now where we will be humbled this year during the storm but let me tell yall a little secret They will be back during the next reclassification period because their is a new high school being built in Millington that will take the extra kids back away from Trezevant. I will be chearing for Waverly and Marion in the meantime.

Will Millington just take the non-football players?

14 hours ago, willie2888 said:

14 hours ago, willie2888 said:

Again Willie, it's not about football for me...I will acknowledge that some of the posters on here seem to only care about that, and that's a shame. Scotts Hill has not advanced to play Trez, but has most of those others you mentioned in other sports, so if it were about that I'd be wanting them investigated. The Principal at Trez blew the whistle, that's why this is about them and their kids. You don't know me, but if you did you'd realize that I decided long ago to be active in bettering my own community and its schools. Precious little that one person can do it sometimes seems, yet helping just one kid/family even in a small way makes it worthwhile. I've been very blessed to have people in my life, and can't imagine how difficult it would have been to have not had guidance in the tough times. If it feels like I'm"busting your chops" for my amusement I'm not. Seems as if both sides have had their say on the matter, so I'm going to leave it alone from here out.