Trousdale co vs Lebanon blue devils

Creekbank76

17 minutes ago, Mr. Postman1 said:

Westmoreland played lebanon in a scrimmage year before last and put a woodshed whipping on um. So lebanon might very well be the weakest team in wilson county right now.

This is an improved Lebanon team that is probably gonna get heading the right direction with this coaching staff. They were much more physical upfront and improved on defense last night without a doubt.

But they will struggle this year offensively. They just don't have the playmakers outside of the quarterback position.

3 hours ago, Sportsman2 said:

I understand who calls the plays I also understand that as a head coach when ur coordinators do something really stupid u say hey let's not do that again.... and as far as refs go let's not be that fan base. We won 10-6 move on. 

Yea he could have changed the play but you trust your OC to do his job that's why he is the OC and I'm sure the coaches will fix their mistakes it was first game for new coaching staff their will be mistakes made and I think they will be fix by next week and as far as refs go they made some really bad calls that game shouldn't have been that close  and I'm sure everyone has move on and is looking forward to beating the Private school 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Mr. Postman1 said:

Its hard to move to middle TN and win football games. It takes a different kind of coach to be successful. I see another fired sweat bee pretty quick.

Then you see wrong with the freshmen and sophomores and juniors on TC only thing in his future is a few gold balls

2 hours ago, Reynard said:

There must be cause to worry, that 48-14 you predicted or even 21 point Blow Out didn't happen. But it may have been the refs. LOL.

Good win for TC. Lebanon did what they had to do and hung giving themselves a shot at the end. 

TC has and always have had a foundation to build on every year. Lebanon is building from the ground up. TC remodeled, Lebanon is still pouring the foundation.   

Nah I was just wrong about Lebanon well there defense is good and TC didn't play that good made lot of mistakes kept Lebanon in the game but a win is a win and I will take it Lebanon will win few games this year it was nice to have some competition since when didn't get any competition in Jamboree against Slow smith co 

7 hours ago, firstandgoal said:

Two areas where I felt like Lebanon really hurt themselves offensively tonight. 

Clock management-two consecutive delay of games around midfield in 3Q. Basically killed a pivotal drive where they had good field position and a chance to go down and grab the lead. 

And for crying out loud if they're going to line up in the shotgun then they've got to have a center that can get the ball to the qb without rolling it or snapping it right at his feet. Disrupted the timing on several plays and led to playing behind the sticks too often. Hope to see improvement as the year goes on and hopefully a couple of wins.

My thoughts on Lebanon from last night.

- As you mentioned the back-to-back delay of game penalties was inexcusable that should never happen bad awareness all-around on that one.

- I thought the same thing about the snaps. They had a handful of plays that were thrown off because the QB had to nearly pick the ball up off the ground. That is something that they are gonna have to get fixed going forward.

- Special teams is also gonna be an issue. A low kick on the blocked xpat, botched punt and then a 7-yard punt. When you are relying on being a defensive team that runs the football you can't make those mistakes on special teams.

- They have to find a way to open things up offensively. Because last night #11 was all they had going for them on offense. You take out that 50-yard run and they averaged a little over 2 yards per play. Yeah Trousdale County is good but if they couldn't line up and run the ball any better than that against a 2A school then what are they gonna do against these other 6A teams?

2 hours ago, RTD said:

Nah I was just wrong about Lebanon well there defense is good and TC didn't play that good made lot of mistakes kept Lebanon in the game but a win is a win and I will take it Lebanon will win few games this year it was nice to have some competition since when didn't get any competition in Jamboree against Slow smith co 

Yelp.  TC made mistakes that kept Lebanon in the game, AND Lebanon made mistakes that cost them the game.

Jamboree.....LOL.. 

11 hours ago, Mr. Postman1 said:

No, it because places like hartsville dont turn out D1 athletes. That means you have to be a different kind of coach to win in middle tn. Especiallu around the trousdale county area/northern middle tn area. How many big time players have you seen come from TC over the years? They play team ball with good coaching. Just thought id enlighten you there hoss!

Thanks for enlighten me on your intelligence. You have to coach different because you don't have D1 athletes and neither does any of the teams you play.... so you have to coach different. Ok copy that. I'll save my response for someone who knows football.. 

10 hours ago, steelcityroller said:

My thoughts on Lebanon from last night.

- As you mentioned the back-to-back delay of game penalties was inexcusable that should never happen bad awareness all-around on that one.

- I thought the same thing about the snaps. They had a handful of plays that were thrown off because the QB had to nearly pick the ball up off the ground. That is something that they are gonna have to get fixed going forward.

- Special teams is also gonna be an issue. A low kick on the blocked xpat, botched punt and then a 7-yard punt. When you are relying on being a defensive team that runs the football you can't make those mistakes on special teams.

- They have to find a way to open things up offensively. Because last night #11 was all they had going for them on offense. You take out that 50-yard run and they averaged a little over 2 yards per play. Yeah Trousdale County is good but if they couldn't line up and run the ball any better than that against a 2A school then what are they gonna do against these other 6A teams?

Granted it's just one week's worth of scores and I hate to read too much into them but I'd guess Lebanon's best chances for wins this year would be Antioch, at Station Camp (Antioch beat SC 20-16 last night) and at Coffee Co (34-8 loser to Franklin Co.)

3 hours ago, firstandgoal said:

Granted it's just one week's worth of scores and I hate to read too much into them but I'd guess Lebanon's best chances for wins this year would be Antioch, at Station Camp (Antioch beat SC 20-16 last night) and at Coffee Co (34-8 loser to Franklin Co.)

They'll have a hard time pulling a W from either of those games. TC game should've been more like 21-7 imo. As has been mentioned before, if they can't develop more offensive production & find more playmakers...they'll struggle. Coach Gentry is a good dude, and I think will get the program on track, but he's gonna take some knocks this 1st year. Just my opinion. Best of luck to the Blue Devils