Trousdale co vs Lebanon blue devils

Creekbank76

7 minutes ago, steelcityroller said:

I can't wait its gonna be a very interesting game.

Trousdale County feels like they have a championship team. Lebanon feels like they have turned the corner and have more excitement and interest in the program than they have had in years.

So we will see this Friday. And we may not know anything for sure about these teams until they play after this week. A loss by TC doesn't necessarily mean they are unable of winning a championship in 2A. A loss by Lebanon doesn't necessarily mean they will have a bad season.

I will say this though from what everybody is saying Lebanon is a much more physically tough football team than in years past. That they are much better on the defensive side of the ball. But that they might struggle at times on offense.

They played Cookeville at the jamboree to a 0-0 tie and they held Gallatin scoreless in a 21-0 scrimmage. I don't know the score but they were said to have outplayed Stewarts Creek in that scrimmage as well.

So I don't expect a blowout by any means.

At same time it's hard to tell anything from Jamboree or a scrimmage TC starters didn't score a point in the jamboree they ran maybe 3 plays over and over at the jamboree it's very hard judge either team from scrimmages in 2 scrimmages TC won 133-21 is the combined score of both  their scrimmages  but I think both programs have better coaching staffs and both will have improved win totals this year but I do know TC future is bright they have lloy of talent we will see Friday who comes out on top I still say TC will win next Friday 

11 hours ago, kingjacket said:

Anybody know how blue devils looked Friday night?

It was a 0-0 tie at halftime. I heard they looked good on defense but not on offense which has seemingly been the theme from this summer from what I've heard. Gallatin was unable to score in their scrimmage and Stewarts Creek only scored twice from what I heard. So 3 scrimmages (2 1/2 I guess) against 6A schools and only allowed 2 scores seems like they might be pretty decent at least on defense.

On 8/13/2017 at 11:47 PM, steelcityroller said:

It was a 0-0 tie at halftime. I heard they looked good on defense but not on offense which has seemingly been the theme from this summer from what I've heard. Gallatin was unable to score in their scrimmage and Stewarts Creek only scored twice from what I heard. So 3 scrimmages (2 1/2 I guess) against 6A schools and only allowed 2 scores seems like they might be pretty decent at least on defense.

It was 21-21 with Gallatin for the record.  Lebanon definitely looked improved.  Should be a fun game.  

• Upvote 1

Watched Trousdale in the jamboree against SC the other night. They seem to be athletic but not as physical as past trousdale teams but it was just a jamboree and nobody is going to show anything. I have the blue devils winning by a touchdown in a game where the players and new coaches need to adjust and get a feel on each other. 

12 hours ago, GWAVE1 said:

It was 21-21 with Gallatin for the record.  Lebanon definitely looked improved.  Should be a fun game.  

Then some people need to apologize to Gallatin because I heard it was 21-0 from somebody with the team and it was even in the papers up here as such.

Fresh on the heels of a rousing home scrimmage with Gallatin Friday, Aug. 4, Lebanon will host Cookeville Friday in a jamboree format for the final preseason tune-up. Admission is $5 per person with 100 percent of advance sales going directly to Lebanon football.

Proceeds from tickets sold at the gate Friday will be split 50-50 with Cookeville. Advance tickets can be purchased at the LHS student bank and at the football fieldhouse.

Freshmen take the field at 6 p.m followed by the junior varsity. The LHS vs. Cookeville varsity will close out the evening.
The three scrimmages will each consist of two 12-minute quarters.

The much-improved Blue Devil defense held Gallatin scoreless last Friday at Tribble Field / Watkins Stadium.

Lebanon's offense scored three times against the Green Wave.

8 hours ago, steelcityroller said:

Then some people need to apologize to Gallatin because I heard it was 21-0 from somebody with the team and it was even in the papers up here as such.

Yeah it was 14-14 with the varsity action and 7-7 with the JV.  Lebanon has definitely improved and looks to be headed in the right direction.  They had a lot of support, more so than at the last few games we had with them, at the scrimmage.  

12 hours ago, IronOwl said:

Watched Trousdale in the jamboree against SC the other night. They seem to be athletic but not as physical as past trousdale teams but it was just a jamboree and nobody is going to show anything. I have the blue devils winning by a touchdown in a game where the players and new coaches need to adjust and get a feel on each other. 

I was not in attendance Friday night but was told TC only ran 3 different plays with the varsity. But it is concerning that they weren't physical. :o You can be physical and not show anything play wise. Fridays game is getting more interesting by the second. 

Edited by BCB~MVP

4 hours ago, BCB~MVP said:

I was not in attendance Friday night but was told TC only ran 3 different plays with the varsity. But it is concerning that they weren't physical. :o You can be physical and not show anything play wise. Fridays game is getting more interesting by the second. 

I attended Friday night and TC backs finish every play by and the defense definitely was flying to the ball with aggression TC seemed physical to me for a jamboree it seemed to me it was more about not showing anything and finishing the game with no injuries but TC does have a very physical Fullback like years in past