SPRINGFIELD YELLOW JACKETS 2017

LEON

How will the Jackets do this season , any predictions. I haven't seen any scrimmages this fall camp , with the new region I would expect them to be the team to beat , but that's to be seen as the season progresses. The non-region schedule is very tough right off the bat with a trip to Gallatin in the opener with Clarksville , Station Camp and Beech later on. Lets hear some predictions on how you think the season will go, as of right now my thought is 7-3 on the top end or 6-4 at the low end.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope they do well.  CPA scrimmaged them last night and they looked a bit overwhelmed.  That's not a knock, we looked the same versus Knox Catholic, Ensworth, PC, etc. last year and still did well against our own classification.

I don't know a lot about the program and what they lost through graduation, but it looked like there were a lot more Freshmen / Sophomores than Junior / Seniors.

I know that Murphy Fair has them on top of their division (with Greenbrier second) and 10th in the state I believe.

On 8/4/2017 at 2:27 PM, LEON said:

How will the Jackets do this season , any predictions. I haven't seen any scrimmages this fall camp , with the new region I would expect them to be the team to beat , but that's to be seen as the season progresses. The non-region schedule is very tough right off the bat with a trip to Gallatin in the opener with Clarksville , Station Camp and Beech later on. Lets hear some predictions on how you think the season will go, as of right now my thought is 7-3 on the top end or 6-4 at the low end.

8-2 no worst then 7-3 #Facts

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, GWAVE1 said:

Just as long as one of those losses is in the first game, it sounds good to me!  Lol!!

The Wave should be a tough out for the Jackets. Doesn't most of your linemen return, and your new running back looked very good to me last year when he went in against us. I just hope we can come out of this game injury free, and get a win of course! 

38 minutes ago, JacketLover said:

The Wave should be a tough out for the Jackets. Doesn't most of your linemen return, and your new running back looked very good to me last year when he went in against us. I just hope we can come out of this game injury free, and get a win of course! 

We have several returning linemen 2 of which are 3 year starters.  Defensive line will be completely different.  The runningback is Jalen Porter who should get the majority of the carries but a very promising junior Ladarius Stewart should also see some action there as well.  I think the defense is where they should see most improvements.  The linebackers and defensive backs may one of the better groups that they have had in a while.  You need to get a thread started for the game.  

5 hours ago, JacketLover said:

With the athletes on the outside yall have I would put 8-9 in the box. They would have to beat me passing which they're not comfortable with lol

8 hours ago, Kevin38 said:

Any word on how the Jackets looked in the Jamboree?

Springfield's first series began with two bad long snaps that ultimately resulted in a safety for Hendersonville.  It's a jamboree game. And neither team looked all that sharp. Then again, both coaches are trying out different sets of personnel and packages.  The final was Springfield 6 Hendersonville 8