Hardin Valley vs. Oak Ridge

boyfromsi

37 minutes ago, catswild said:

I agree.  Let's (you and I) do something about it! What will be the keys to the game?

No need for a new thread.

The first key for OR is the play of the OL then the DL.  Second is does # 2 run the offense effectively. I think # 2 will be okay but the OL and DL may need several games before we know how good they are.

Know almost nothing about HVA except for the RB Dykes.

Both teams will have to limit the TOs. That may be the key to the whole game.

As stated before I think the kicking game may decide this game. Have no idea who has the better of the two. A concern of mine is that HV has 4 returning OL. Believe I read this in the KNS but could be wrong. "Success follows closely behind speed" OR is pretty fast on both sides of the ball. I just can't get a handle on this OR team.

5 hours ago, atrisk said:

As stated before I think the kicking game may decide this game. Have no idea who has the better of the two. A concern of mine is that HV has 4 returning OL. Believe I read this in the KNS but could be wrong. "Success follows closely behind speed" OR is pretty fast on both sides of the ball. I just can't get a handle on this OR team.

You need to get a handle on staying on topic. Joking dude!

I have no idea what to expect.This is the least talked about off season around town I can remember in a while.Can the defense be better without the great players we lost?It was a joke to watch a young AC team move the ball with ease all night last yr.I don't even like to remember the 1st half in our last game.Lets just hope the D is what we got in the 2nd half vs WV.On offense we have to move the ball better and not rely on big plays only to score.I think we go thru some growing pains starting Friday night but will have something to look forward too by end of the yr.Go Cats

• Upvote 1

I guess the joke was good, I just don't get it. I thought I was on topic HV vs OR. Just like Stillnum1. And Stillnum1, I agree 100%. My confusion about last season has carried over to this year. Real excited to see what we have. Win or lose. Looking forward to watching HV play.

14 hours ago, atrisk said:

I can't either and the unknown really worries me

8 hours ago, STILLNUM1 said:

I have no idea what to expect.This is the least talked about off season around town I can remember in a while.Can the defense be better without the great players we lost?It was a joke to watch a young AC team move the ball with ease all night last yr.I don't even like to remember the 1st half in our last game.Lets just hope the D is what we got in the 2nd half vs WV.On offense we have to move the ball better and not rely on big plays only to score.I think we go thru some growing pains starting Friday night but will have something to look forward too by end of the yr.Go Cats

Without Kendall Clark, there's  no way we will be as good

16 minutes ago, catswild said:

Without Kendall Clark, there's  no way we will be as good

I am pretty sure you're being sarcastic, but I think that his loss is being blown out of proportion. Yeah, Kyndall was a good player, but I wouldn't call him a dominant player by any means. Really good, yes, but he's replaceable. Somebody always seems to step up eventually.

9 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

I am pretty sure you're being sarcastic, but I think that his loss is being blown out of proportion. Yeah, Kyndall was a good player, but I wouldn't call him a dominant player by any means. Really good, yes, but he's replaceable. Somebody always seems to step up eventually.

Actually, I'm serious. Through two scrimmages it's obvious to me that we don't have anyone like Kendall but I hope someone emerges. Kendall was a turnover creator!

Are you going to give Clary questions for Gaddis????