Top 10 Teams 2018

ObserverW

10 hours ago, Thethunda190 said:

I would put Christian Brothers and Arlington as my teams in the west, Beech and Father Ryan for middle, McCallie  and Cleveland for Chattanooga, and Science Hill and Heritage as the best in East Tennessee 

How do you not even mention Bradley? Wilson central? I don't understand that!!

5 hours ago, werazzlin said:

It's gonna be real hard to put Bradley in that list. As bad as it's gonna suck, we will not be one of the top teams in the state this year. Just can not replace Knox,  TJ, Ryan and all the other studs and be expected to bounce back in 1 year. We will take a big hit. 

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, DaChampsAgain said:

It's gonna be real hard to put Bradley in that list. As bad as it's gonna suck, we will not be one of the top teams in the state this year. Just can not replace Knox,  TJ, Ryan and all the other studs and be expected to bounce back in 1 year. We will take a big hit. 

Thank you for being so honest!  Some people just don't understand how difficult it is not to just get to the top but that staying on top is even more of a struggle.  When you have a team full of seniors it's tough to get the younger kids mat time against good competition.  My guess is that Bradley will be back but it may take two years.

When I created my first list I said that Bradley would be out of the Top 10.  Partly to create a discussion and partly as wishful thinking that maybe my team didn't have to end up facing them at duals.  After some further reflection and talking with others I believe the hype around the demise of Bradley is highly exaggerated.  Even losing the fire power that they did, Bradley will remain a top competitor and I'm saying a top 5 individual finish and top 4 at duals.  The consensus seems to be that Cleveland, Beech, and Science Hill are the front runners this year.  I believe there might be a little hype there as well, especially since all three have been in the conversation for the past three years and only Cleveland has been able to go home with a trophy.   Bradley, Tennessee, Wilson, Arlington, Mt. Juliet, Indy, Halls will all be there to make it interesting.  DaChamps is simply trying to deflect the attention away from BC so they can hand out an under the radar butt whooping.

Bottom line, don't count out Bradley Co. until the last whistle blows in Franklin.  

1 hour ago, ObserverW said:

When I created my first list I said that Bradley would be out of the Top 10.  Partly to create a discussion and partly as wishful thinking that maybe my team didn't have to end up facing them at duals.  After some further reflection and talking with others I believe the hype around the demise of Bradley is highly exaggerated.  Even losing the fire power that they did, Bradley will remain a top competitor and I'm saying a top 5 individual finish and top 4 at duals.  The consensus seems to be that Cleveland, Beech, and Science Hill are the front runners this year.  I believe there might be a little hype there as well, especially since all three have been in the conversation for the past three years and only Cleveland has been able to go home with a trophy.   Bradley, Tennessee, Wilson, Arlington, Mt. Juliet, Indy, Halls will all be there to make it interesting.  DaChamps is simply trying to deflect the attention away from BC so they can hand out an under the radar butt whooping.

Bottom line, don't count out Bradley Co. until the last whistle blows in Franklin.  

Central, not County lol.. im just being honest. The good thing is, Bradley does travel, they do wrestle a lot during off season and they do wrestle some of the best teams all year. Including top teams in the south. That does get teams ready more than anything.

I really wish I was trying to get everyone away from Bradley and they be last years Cleveland team. We just don't see it. 

Coach Smith will have Da Bears ready by Jan. Just not sure how much. We will take our losses this year as much as our wins, but to say a top 4 or a contender is a little stretched out right now. 

9 hours ago, werazzlin said:

Cause I don't think either is in the top 2 teams in their area. Huge Bradley fan and I have huge respect for Ben but he lost some heavy hitters, not saying he can't rebuild just think it will take a little longer then a year 

On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 3:52 PM, Thethunda190 said:

Cause I don't think either is in the top 2 teams in their area. Huge Bradley fan and I have huge respect for Ben but he lost some heavy hitters, not saying he can't rebuild just think it will take a little longer then a year 

Do a little research. Look at the teams that have medalist returning to the lineup. Then look at the state qualifiers that won 3 matches or more at state. Compare that information to the other team mentioned...Then come back on here and tell me about Bradley Central. Wilson Central

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, werazzlin said:

Do a little research. Look at the teams that have medalist returning to the lineup. Then look at the state qualifiers that won 3 matches or more at state. Compare that information to the other team mentioned...Then come back on here and tell me about Bradley Central. Wilson Central

Don't need to look at last years medalist or qualifiers in my opinion neither are one of the top teams in the state. Now come state time they might prove me wrong and that's what I love about the sport. Been around a lot of wrestling and some darn good teams and can tell you doesn't always matter about how many qualifiers or placers you had the year befor. Guys switch weights,guys get hurt, guys burn out, some put a lot more time in during the summer, some transfer to different teams or states. Lot more goes into it then, well we had a lot of qualifiers last year. 

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 11:48 PM, Sommers said:

Baylor?    

It depends on what The Baylor School has recruited to fill the holes they were going to have this season.  It's difficult to know what they have on the team until the season begins!

Is this poll  looking at the beginning of the season or who is standing on the top of the platform when the hardware is being distributed?  Everyone knows that there are a few coaches that have a tendency to train their team peak the 3rd week of February.

• Upvote 1