GreenEville @ Science Hill

DevilMan03

5 minutes ago, BatmanDevil said:

I hope it's a great game and something both teams can take to build towards a nice playoff run.When this game is over,I wish those SH seniors all the best .I watched them against One of mine up through the 9th and knew back then they had a chance to be special and also knew DB most likely wasn't going to ever reach the potential their class had.Three years later,coach Carter has the Toppers on a roll and instead of being a state contender,DB is trying to have a winning season.It's not over yet,DB could still finish strong .SH has to keep getting better and continue to improve,this could be a very special year for the Toppers.I hope so, I always pull for the other locals to do well.

DB will go 3-0 the rest of September vs Sevier Co, Alcoa and Bearden.     I would still think 7-3 is easily doable.

19 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

DB will go 3-0 the rest of September vs Sevier Co, Alcoa and Bearden.     I would still think 7-3 is easily doable.

Yep,A slight step back from what I thought had the makings of a powerhouse years ago.No way with the players that are still on the team that they shouldn't have been 2-1 and most likely 3-0.

Edited by BatmanDevil

36 minutes ago, BatmanDevil said:

I hope it's a great game and something both teams can take to build towards a nice playoff run.When this game is over,I wish those SH seniors all the best .I watched them against One of mine up through the 9th and knew back then they had a chance to be special and also knew DB most likely wasn't going to ever reach the potential their class had.Three years later,coach Carter has the Toppers on a roll and instead of being a state contender,DB is trying to have a winning season.It's not over yet,DB could still finish strong .SH has to keep getting better and continue to improve,this could be a very special year for the Toppers.I hope so, I always pull for the other locals to do well.

Like you, I'm just hoping for a great game tomorrow night. I'd like to see a big crowd as well and obviously no injuries. 

When these SH seniors were freshmen I heard from numerous people they had the potential to be special by the time they were seniors. The coaches have done a great job coaching these boys up. The boys trust their coaches and each other and that's why they've been so successful. Last year's group had a lot of talent but also a lot of problems behind the scenes; selfishness, jealousy and very little leadership. This year's group is totally different. And it shows.

As for DB, they'll be fine. They could easily be 3-0. I don't see them losing many more. 

16 hours ago, WBNC83 said:

Like you, I'm just hoping for a great game tomorrow night. I'd like to see a big crowd as well and obviously no injuries. 

When these SH seniors were freshmen I heard from numerous people they had the potential to be special by the time they were seniors. The coaches have done a great job coaching these boys up. The boys trust their coaches and each other and that's why they've been so successful. Last year's group had a lot of talent but also a lot of problems behind the scenes; selfishness, jealousy and very little leadership. This year's group is totally different. And it shows.

As for DB, they'll be fine. They could easily be 3-0. I don't see them losing many more. 

Game day.Man,I don't see how I was able to survive having kids play this sport .A whole lot easier now but these big games still get to me .

16 hours ago, WBNC83 said:

"They could easily be 3-0" 

No. Most likely 0-3. Got lucky in the Oak Ridge game. Their running back (and best player) was injured at the first of the game (but still managed to run one 80yrds. to set up a touchdown). And then they missed three extra points (the difference in the game). The Greeneville and Science Hill games weren't even close.

I have no doubt that SH QB Adams makes some plays tonight and gets loose a few times. But I believe Greeneville wins based on their offense's ability to be very balanced, and their ability to beat you with so many different weapons. In watching SH, Adams is 75% of their offense, and when you play a well-coached defense and a team that can also put up points, relying on one guy can be dangerous.

Greeneville QB Ballard gives you the ability to do so many different things. He is very skilled at reading the option, he is better than most running backs with the ball under his arm, he can read through his progressions as good as any high school QB in the passing game, and his arm strength and accuracy is already on the college level. And most importantly, he has ice in his veins just like the head coach who happens to be his dad.

Look for Greeneville to possess the ball, be very balanced, and ride their QB to a victory.

Pick: Greeneville 38-Science Hill 27

44 minutes ago, DeeJay32 said:

I have no doubt that SH QB Adams makes some plays tonight and gets loose a few times. But I believe Greeneville wins based on their offense's ability to be very balanced, and their ability to beat you with so many different weapons. In watching SH, Adams is 75% of their offense, and when you play a well-coached defense and a team that can also put up points, relying on one guy can be dangerous.

Greeneville QB Ballard gives you the ability to do so many different things. He is very skilled at reading the option, he is better than most running backs with the ball under his arm, he can read through his progressions as good as any high school QB in the passing game, and his arm strength and accuracy is already on the college level. And most importantly, he has ice in his veins just like the head coach who happens to be his dad.

Look for Greeneville to possess the ball, be very balanced, and ride their QB to a victory.

I think you are right.  Stacy Carter is known for putting all his eggs in one basket.  If Greeneville shuts down Adams the way I think they can the score won't be as close as your prediction. I'm sure Ballard and staff has watched game film of Maryville vs Science Hill from a couple years ago. Text book stuff.

45 minutes ago, DeeJay32 said:

Ballard is a pretty good part of Greeneville's offense as well.No doubt both teams want to try to stop the others QB .That's a lot easier on paper,then in a real game.Really,it won't shock me if both QB's can't be stopped or if Greeneville or SH can and the other can't.So,we will all find out in a few hours