AP Class 1A Rankings Sept 4

TheAmbassador

Wildcat89, until we can beat yall I think yall should be ahead of us on the official list as well.  We got a great team but yall seem to have a great team again too.  I bet Coach Swenson has nightmares about the wildcats since he hasnt got a W over yall yet.  That said we have a lot of games to look forward to and yall are one of them.  I am glad the game is in Huntingdon this year, as man yall dont really have the parking spaces and seating we do.

28 minutes ago, howiesmashville said:

Dresden is not the same team as last year. What shocks me is Ambassador has Greenback and Coalfield ranked above us. Wayne County vs. South Pitt in Cookeville...

Howie, obviously you don't keep up with it. Coalfield had Greenback on the ropes last year and lost a close one. They returned something like 20/22 starters. Anybody with a lick of sense would have them up there. This SP team has about 5 seniors that actually play and around 70% of the team are 9-10 graders. 

I love these polls and the conversations that come along with them. Dresden hasn't lost a game since 2015 which is fun to say. lol Are we the same team as last year? That would be a heck no. Do we deserve to be #1? My opinion is yes but I've said that the last four years. Last years champ should be #1 until they lose. Are we the best team in 1A? My opinion is no but by the end of year we could be. Right now we are down three of our best players and still finding a way to win. Just like Kermit said, until the mustangs beat Wayne County they should be rated lower than WC.  I do also believe if Huntingdon beats Milan than put their name on gold ball now. And I really hate saying that. lol 

MY list of Top Ten? 

#1 - DRESDEN 

#2-10... it don't matter. :)

Expect me to say otherwise? I am the insane fan who has always said Lions are best, that before long we'll have to scrimmage colleges cause we so good. Perpetually at #1 on USA Today's best in nation, sitting there for decades. Ha! So say I, but ignore me, :-D, I am crazy, ask anyone. He he. 

1 hour ago, ysoangry said:

I love these polls and the conversations that come along with them. Dresden hasn't lost a game since 2015 which is fun to say. lol Are we the same team as last year? That would be a heck no. Do we deserve to be #1? My opinion is yes but I've said that the last four years. Last years champ should be #1 until they lose. Are we the best team in 1A? My opinion is no but by the end of year we could be. Right now we are down three of our best players and still finding a way to win. Just like Kermit said, until the mustangs beat Wayne County they should be rated lower than WC.  I do also believe if Huntingdon beats Milan than put their name on gold ball now. And I really hate saying that. lol 

They beat Milan in 2011 and pretty much had their name on the ball that year to. WC and Huntington have had some good teams and good games in the past few years, by the the time these two play ten or so games I'll bet the record will be close to .500