Lookout Valley @ Whitwell

WingoVFL

11 hours ago, TigerfootballFan said:

They are a good group but I don't know why they would say best in the state. Its one of the better ones in 1A but not best in the state. Whitwell still has a lot to prove. Playoff time You have SP and winner of Coalfield and Greenback. That's it for the east.

To this point, they have proven they are very solid on defense. It doesn't matter who you are playing, keeping every team out of the endzone is impressive. You got my respect..see yall down the road.

12 hours ago, SCPRIDE30 said:

So apparently whitwell has the best D in the state? Been all over facebook and the internet.... I just wanna know one thing, yes whitwell has a great group of kids but how can you say the best in the state when you haven't played anybody yet??  Boyd,signal, Bledsoe, and now lookout valley? Its gonna hurt them once playoffs come around, haven't really faced a good team yet.. Not trying to hurt anybody's feelings just trying to figure out why I've seen all this about whitwell having the best D in the state 

Statistically they're the best.   What other team has allowed only 3 points all season? 

There are some good teams on the schedule between now and playoff time, TC and SP are definitely going to test this defense...   Polk will be tough too....

36 minutes ago, piratetom said:

To this point, they have proven they are very solid on defense. It doesn't matter who you are playing, keeping every team out of the endzone is impressive. You got my respect..see yall down the road.

it is actually extremely impressive.... but the statement that it doesn't matter who your playing??? Come on tom... 

49 minutes ago, CastIronHero said:

it is actually extremely impressive.... but the statement that it doesn't matter who your playing??? Come on tom... 

It's hard to pitch shutouts even against the worst teams.   

I dont care what there records are, outscoring Boyd and Signal a combined 79-0, while holding both to less than a hundred yards combined is impressive...      Those two schools have athletes,that despite their record ,  the defense completely bottled up.   

Edited by ImaSavage

1 hour ago, CastIronHero said:

Doesn't matter at all. Boyd and Sale Creek both scored on us. Even during our dominant years  teams still found ways to score points, even if it was on the younger guys.

Edited by piratetom

So you would be more impressed with someone holding a lot of bad teams to no points than a team holding good teams to very few points??   I'm not comparing them to us or anyone else, I'm just saying. Like I said it's very impressive... I can't wait until they play someone that can actually play some football...when they do and they come with that same dominance I'll bow to you all and I'll eat my crow....

Edited by CastIronHero

17 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

Not to rain on the Whitwell parade as they should hold Lookout Valley scoreless tonight making it their 4th shutout.

Mt.  Juliet : http://www.coacht.com/tennessee/inside/schedule.cfm?schoolid=356&sportid=1&seasonid=317

Haha! Whitwell isn't the best D in the state.  They are a good group and one of the better ones in 1A. SP has a really good defense as well.