Class 2A AP Rankings Sept 11

TheAmbassador

1 hour ago, pantherpride17 said:

I also think Lewis County should be ranked higher than what they are. Its all good though. Lewis County will show the state that they are for real. I love being the underdog.

I said after Friday I expected LC to come in ranked about 8, maybe 7, and I think that is a fair ranking right now. Eagleville was the first team LC has played with a winning record. The combined record of opponents is 6-10. Eagleville had done nothing to deserve being ranked in the top 10 the previous 2 weeks, coming off a 3-6 year in 2016. The schedule has certainly been in the favor of LC thus far, and this week they get Summertown (0-4). As of right now, only 2 of there remaining 6 opponents have winning records. 

I do think LC is a good team. They still have some areas they need to improve on before November 3rd, and they have to eliminate mistakes that take points off the board. The growth of the young players is going to be a key component, and the possibility of the return of Brown later in the season.

To be honest, 8 is a good spot right now. Besides, the only ranking that matters is the ranking after Friday, December 1st. 

I agree that 8th is a fair ranking. I would also say that while EVille had the best team of all teams they didn't have the best talent. Every team that we have played has had surprisingly good talent. If Loretto and Scotts Hill puts it all together they can beat anyone. I also believe that Camden did the most with what they had. With that being said LC is playing a ton of young kids with 4 Sophomores starting. The future is bright.

Edited by ddaddy

44 minutes ago, ddaddy said:

I agree that 8th is a fair ranking. I would also say that while EVille had the best team of all teams they didn't have the best talent. Every team that we have played has had surprisingly good talent. If Loretto and Scotts Hill puts it all together they can beat anyone. I also believe that Camden did the most with what they had. With that being said LC is playing a ton of young kids with 3 Sophomores starting. The future is bright.

I honestly think Camden is better than their record. While they are not what everyone expects Camden to be, they are getting better and I think the LC game might be closer if we played them in October.

4 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

And just why is yours the "one that counts"?  I said it in another thread and you ignored it so I'll say it again. You think alit of yourself and it is very unbecoming of you. Yes you are pretty knowledgeable about hs football but you could use a little dose of humility. 

I didn't ignore anything. I'm being funny. It's a jab at the AP Poll because they dont research anything before voting on their poll. If you haven't noticed every Monday I always follow up their poll with "Ambassador's Poll." Don't be so sensitive. Any knowledgeable coachT poster could make a poll and it would be closer than the AP one. So when I post a poll "it is the one that counts." Just like if you posted one it should be "the one that counts." Geeze man lighten up. 

Edited by TheAmbassador

1 hour ago, TheAmbassador said:

I didn't ignore anything. I'm being funny. It's a jab at the AP Poll because they dont research anything before voting on their poll. If you haven't noticed every Monday I always follow up their poll with "Ambassador's Poll." Don't be so sensitive. Any knowledgeable coachT poster could make a poll and it would be closer than the AP one. So when I post a poll "it is the one that counts." Just like if you posted one it should be "the one that counts." Geeze man lighten up. 

I have noticed that the ap poll is garbage and that yours is usually spot on. Bass I give you a lot of credit for your football knowledge. I just think you shine your self in a negative light sometime by coming off so brash and boastful. No body's poll on here is the "the one that counts". None of the players or coaches care one bit about what anyone posts on here. So it is cool to give you opinion just use a dose of humility. And you say I need to "lighten up". I won't say another word. You do as you wish. JMO. 

9 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I have noticed that the ap poll is garbage and that yours is usually spot on. Bass I give you a lot of credit for your football knowledge. I just think you shine your self in a negative light sometime by coming off so brash and boastful. No body's poll on here is the "the one that counts". None of the players or coaches care one bit about what anyone posts on here. So it is cool to give you opinion just use a dose of humility. And you say I need to "lighten up". I won't say another word. You do as you wish. JMO. 

Geeze, I am just trying to be funny when I said the poll that counts. Goodness gracious. I'm usually accused of sitting on the fence and accused of not giving SP enough credit.